+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The only way is to 'find' a star striker...

The only way is to 'find' a star striker...

West Brom turn down Burnley's 16 million offer for Jay Rodriguez ...and we were thinking of paying 15 million for 30 year-old Troy Deeney which in my book would have been an absolute scandal.

Rather than shell out similar sums with no guarantee of success - scour the lower leagues and try to find an unpolished gem - attitude, physicality, speed and the knack of putting the ball in the net, the next Jamie Vardy as it's been said.

Maybe we already have one in Rhys Healey?

Re: The only way is to 'find' a star striker...

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    West Brom turn down Burnley's 16 million offer for Jay Rodriguez ...and we were thinking of paying 15 million for 30 year-old Troy Deeney which in my book would have been an absolute scandal.

Rather than shell out similar sums with no guarantee of success - scour the lower leagues and try to find an unpolished gem - attitude, physicality, speed and the knack of putting the ball in the net, the next Jamie Vardy as it's been said.

too late he's already gone to the Wurzles!

We might just have one in Zohore.

Did the club or NW come out and say that we were going to pay £15 million for Deeney? If so I missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    too late he's already gone to the Wurzles!
    Who.....Healey?

Then there's always the compromise solution - look to Europe where wages/transfer fees can be half what they are here. I don't think the City have a lot of skill in that area however, which is a shame considering how the likes of Watford, Wolves etc have benefited..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Then there's always the compromise solution - look to Europe where wages/transfer fees can be half what they are here. I don't think the City have a lot of skill in that area however, which is a shame considering how the likes of Watford, Wolves etc have benefited..
    Wolves benefited through a decidedly dodgy agent, allegedly.