+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Labour doing their best to lose the next election.

Re: Labour doing their best to lose the next election.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I'll bow to your better knowledge on this subject matter, you know when arse is involved ,its time to retreat .
    Quite right

I know my arse

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Quite right

I know my arse
    This is what democracy doesn't look like :
    Alexei Navalny detained after call for national day of protest

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...y_to_clipboard

Silence all around .

This is what democracy doesn't look like :
    Alexei Navalny detained after call for national day of protest

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...y_to_clipboard

Silence all around .
    Yeah that will shut Sludge up, bloody Putin lover.

How's this all going , is it still a right wing plot?

How's this all going , is it still a right wing plot?
    Got a quote for anyone saying that in the thread?

Edit/ I don't know why I bother asking because we both know you will just disappear again like last time

What's new

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    This is going to run and run.

https://twitter.com/JLC_uk/status/1037050424719802369

Jewish Leadership Council taking the unusual step of openly admitting that they actually don't really like the idea of people being free to say what they want. Interesting wording because I am pretty certain hating Israel is supposed to be allowed.

It made me think back to the advice produced by the home affairs select committee, which expressly recommends caveats to the definition to ensure free speech is maintained.

We broadly accept the IHRA definition, but propose two additional clarifications to ensure that freedom of speech is maintained in the context of discourse about Israel and Palestine, without allowing antisemitism to permeate any debate. The definition should include the following statements:

It is not antisemitic to criticise the Government of Israel, without additional evidence to suggest antisemitic intent.
    It is not antisemitic to hold the Israeli Government to the same standards as other liberal democracies, or to take a particular interest in the Israeli Government’s policies or actions, without additional evidence to suggest antisemitic intent.
    https://publications.parliament.uk/p...dTextAnchor014

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    This will run and run , if it was just a simple fact of free speech around just the Israel and Palestine it would be fine as no one agrees with the heavy handiness applied to Palestinians, and the proxy support that exists in thier favour .

Nope there is too many incidents of provocative anti Jewish statements floating about to make one think something is rotten . I'm sure more will come out .

This will run and run , if it was just a simple fact of free speech around just the Israel and Palestine it would be fine as no one agrees with the heavy handiness applied to Palestinians, and the proxy support that exists in thier favour .

Nope there is too many incidents of provocative anti Jewish statements floating about to make one think something is rotten . I'm sure more will come out .
    There is a big difference between openly condemning something and not openly supporting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    There is a big difference between openly condemning something and not openly supporting it.
    Yes your right .

As is the fact that hatred is all around us including racism ,antisemitism, sexism ,and it's needs to be dealt with .

I ask again! Why haven’t the Tories adopted the full rules on AS?????

Yes your right .

As is the fact that hatred is all around us including racism ,antisemitism, sexism ,and it's needs to be dealt with .
    You make it sound like a current issue that is creeping up on us. Let's not be dramatic, people/society are less racist/sexist/antisemitic than ever before.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    I ask again! Why haven’t the Tories adopted the full rules on AS?????
    Because the ihra definition is used by some people to inhibit free speech. Until they are pressured into doing so, they won't. Nobody in their right mind would (hence why the Lib Dems did last night)

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    You make it sound like a current issue that is creeping up on us. Let's not be dramatic, people/society are less racist/sexist/antisemitic than ever before.
    I do agree however, I feel our politicians and thier support groups are now so open about it.

And the In fighting ,blood letting tactics are much more aggressive and abrasive .

Perhaps it was always like that , and it's simply highlighted by the open vacuum of social media ,or are we are just becoming more left and right wing in thought and voice, as we move away from the centre ground .