Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
They have more to lose than gain by actually having a stance. It isn't the first time in UK politics where the opposition have shied away from the difficult questions, they likely won't be judged too harshly for it if history is anything to go by. Like the Brexiteers who promised everything for nothing won't be judged for their phoney rhetoric.

As for the anti-semitism issue. Labour are getting beaten black and blue by it. Looking at BBC article about this the four things that were contoversially left out of the policy are:

- Accusing Jewish people of being more loyal to Israel than their home country
- Claiming that Israel's existence as a state is a racist endeavour
- Requiring higher standards of behaviour from Israel than other nations
- Comparing contemporary Israeli policies to those of the Nazis

1 - Lots of different people get accused of this, will it also be an offence within the Labour party to say that to an Australian or a Pakistani? If anti-semitism is racism and that the conservative party have adopted these rules (as TM said today at PMQ's) then surely the rules need to be applied across all parties and across all nationalities.

2 - stupid vague rubbish, fair enough. I guess this has been left out because Corbyn thinks it is true?

3 - This is kind of thing is frequently thrown at Muslims (that they should openly condemn terrorism) - we expect more of them because of their religion, there wasn't the same uproar then. Both are wrong.

4 - Why can I say Donald Trump is the new Hitler but I can't objectively compare Israeli government policy with German government policy under the Nazi's.

These are just my opinions but I am not sure we are allowed to make our own minds up anymore?
It must be sheer coincidence that the state of Israel is mentioned in each of those four points....