+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Labour doing their best to lose the next election.

Re: Labour doing their best to lose the next election.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    This is definitely the actions of a well meaning campaign to clean up bigotry and not a big pantomime performance to get rid of a leader.
    Cui bono? Corbyn? Blairite Labour? Tories? Remainers? Brexiteers? Globalists? Who is a major threat to May and her EU charade? In a similar situation who benefits from Trump Russia Collusion, the president or those against him including some in his own party? Did the collusion actually happen? Is politics clean and truthful? Do political organizations serve the people or their masters? Corbyn is not a target? You might be right and everything else is a coincidence, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt since you are definitely sure about it.

In an attempt to avoid the Guardian we see this ,something is not right :
    https://news.sky.com/story/labour-su...-post-11451400

I've lost count of these types of reports .

Now it's either fake news or individuals have a problem .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

No one is saying it is fake news, it is however completely biased news. People are suspended from both major political parties regularly for saying stupid things, one party makes the news.

Also, he is suspended now and will likely be kicked out, isn't this a sign that the system is working?

Opposition research, a.k.a. manufacturing dirt, is a very murky business conducted by spooks and dodgy journalists. Good luck trying to sort out the fake news from the individuals who have a problem.

No one is saying it is fake news, it is however completely biased news. People are suspended from both major political parties regularly for saying stupid things, one party makes the news.

Also, he is suspended now and will likely be kicked out, isn't this a sign that the system is working?
    I get all that , and I can recall how bad it was back in the 70's , when I was an active supporter of Labour and its causes , this issue though is a problem within the party too many simalair outbursts on the same view . I can recall way back, at union and political conferences simalair anti Jewish and American sentiments at the evening fringe events maybe the modern social media justs expose those views more easily !

https://www.libdemvoice.org/aparthei...ael-58168.html

It's against the rules to compare Israel to Nazi Germany, I am guessing the code will be adapted soon to add apartheid into the mix.

And on it goes ,
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44997634

Labour MP Ian Austin who is being investigated over his behaviour during a row about the party's anti-Semitism code has denied "screaming" abuse.

And on it goes ,

Labour MP Ian Austin who is being investigated over his behaviour during a row about the party's anti-Semitism code has denied "screaming" abuse.
    If his account is accurate then I would imagine he will face no action whatsoever. There is a difference between an exchange of views and what Margaret Hodge did which was scream 'you are a ****ing racist' in Corbyn's face. During the referendum campaign this board was full of people denouncing the fast and loose way that the word racist was being tossed around, it's funny how opinions change.

And on it goes ,

DjQvNeDXcAAFdUH.jpg

Yougov conducted polling on anti-semitism in 2015 and 2017. Lot's of graphics floating around social media trying to prove XYZ, even though I would like to agree with what they infer I still find myself wanting to have a look at the raw data.

Below for anybody interested

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.ne...rgedFile_W.pdf

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.ne...shOpinions.pdf

Another one today this one recorded ,what is going on

Another one today this one recorded ,what is going on
    Another what?

Another what?
    Nothing ,all is fine .

Nothing ,all is fine .
    Good to hear

Good to hear
    It's back again sorry, it's like rash news, not fake news, at least apologies are flowing and close colleagues are seeing the light.
    Inclusiveness at its best.

It's back again sorry, it's like rash news, not fake news, at least apologies are flowing and close colleagues are seeing the light.
    Inclusiveness at its best.
    Oh no, so it's not all fine?

It feels like there is something you want to say but you don't think it is going to go very well.

Oh no, so it's not all fine?

It feels like there is something you want to say but you don't think it is going to go very well.
    I'm worried.

I'm worried.
    Bloody knew it.

Bloody knew it.
    Is it really happening.

Mark Steel nails this issue for me
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.i...846.html%3famp

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    These are the kind of nothing incidents that have been parcelled up with Livingstone and a few moron councillors to 'prove' that antisemitism is a substantially bigger problem within the Labour party than wider society. One of the major examples touted was Miko Peled talking at a fringe event about how we shouldn't censor holocaust deniers.

Unfortunately what you have now is a number of different factions with completely different reasons for supporting the cause. Labour MP's unaligned to Corbyn want him out so we see the crocodile tears flowing from them, the press is mostly controlled by people who don't want a left wing government so any way of preventing that is fair game for them and Israeli groups need influence within Western Governments to be given carte blanche to get away with the shit they want to back home. They appear to already own the presidency so all their efforts can be transferred to the UK.

That isn't to say that there are people saying mean things and they shouldn't be punished. It is just how I personally see the lay of the land.

In a week where a conservative MEP called for treason laws to be updated to include those 'loyal to the EU' the newspapers care infinitely more about a labour councillor who was suspended for sharing an article about the Talmud. That should tell you everything about this 'scandal'.

These are the kind of nothing incidents that have been parcelled up with Livingstone and a few moron councillors to 'prove' that antisemitism is a substantially bigger problem within the Labour party than wider society. One of the major examples touted was Miko Peled talking at a fringe event about how we shouldn't censor holocaust deniers.

Unfortunately what you have now is a number of different factions with completely different reasons for supporting the cause. Labour MP's unaligned to Corbyn want him out so we see the crocodile tears flowing from them, the press is mostly controlled by people who don't want a left wing government so any way of preventing that is fair game for them and Israeli groups need influence within Western Governments to be given carte blanche to get away with the shit they want to back home. They appear to already own the presidency so all their efforts can be transferred to the UK.

That isn't to say that there are people saying mean things and they shouldn't be punished. It is just how I personally see the lay of the land.

In a week where a conservative MEP called for treason laws to be updated to include those 'loyal to the EU' the newspapers care infinitely more about a labour councillor who was suspended for sharing an article about the Talmud. That should tell you everything about this 'scandal'.
    Phew that's sorted then as hes not biased in any shape of form

Phew that's sorted then as hes not biased in any shape of form
    Who? Corbyn?

Who? Corbyn?
    No to be fair to the man, he admits there is an issue ,and it needs resolving ,all these quotes are not made up, they are actual documented comments .

No to be fair to the man, he admits there is an issue ,and it needs resolving ,all these quotes are not made up, they are actual documented comments .
    You keep trotting out this 'fake news' line but nobody on here has said that at all, comments on twitter by inconsequential people like councillors don't normally make the news, they do every day with this issue for some reason

Corbyn appears to be *finally* engaging in a PR exercise to fix all of this. We could eventually reach a rather ridiculous point where Jewish organisations accept the progress being made within the party but some Labour MP's don't because they never really cared in the first place, it was just a useful tool to attack Corbyn with for them.