+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: CARDIFF CITY 2018-2019 SHIRT VOTED FOURTH BEST IN PL ...

CARDIFF CITY 2018-2019 SHIRT VOTED FOURTH BEST IN PL ...

"8/10 ... Their blue home shirt oozes class, and epitomises the phrase, 'less is more.' "

https://www.90min.com/posts/6121755-...ity&ref=1.html

StT.
    <><

Re: CARDIFF CITY 2018-2019 SHIRT VOTED FOURTH BEST IN PL ...

Cant say I agree with him. I think Brighton's kit is the nicest of the lot. That Palace kit is a disaster. Not keen on Everton's either.

I almost disagreed entirely with what they said. What a load of bollox.

Couple of kits ruined by a sponsor that is at least one of I) too big II) too high III) doesn't fit with the shirt. I quite like sleeve sponsors as they force the front shirt sponsor to be reduced in size and while that remains the case they're a good source of revenue and makes kit look cleaner.

I'm always amazed how many self-appointed style experts are out there, all desperate to share their sartorial insights with us.

All pronouncing as if there was an agreed view of what looks good and what doesn't.

But at least it has the 'advantage' of filling 20+ web pages with pictures and stuff to support the adverts. Cheap, dumb and effective!

Those Umbro diamonds around the sleeves are hideous.

My local team unveiled their new kit yesterday. For donkeys years the kits have been pretty uninspiring and drab but for once they got things right. Blue shirt, white shorts always looks right in my opinion and the away shirt is equally as nice.

https://www.mtfc.co.uk/news/silkmen-...9-replica-kits

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Cant say I agree with him. I think Brighton's kit is the nicest of the lot. That Palace kit is a disaster. Not keen on Everton's either.
    He has a pop at Brighton for having a (very nice) template kit, when Man City's is a template.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I'm always amazed how many self-appointed style experts are out there, all desperate to share their sartorial insights with us.

All pronouncing as if there was an agreed view of what looks good and what doesn't.

But at least it has the 'advantage' of filling 20+ web pages with pictures and stuff to support the adverts. Cheap, dumb and effective!
    The person who has given their expert opinion on these kits can't even get the basics right

"Having narrowly avoided relegation by the skin of their teeth, the Saints will embark on the 2018/19 season with a pretty similar strip to the previous campaign.

Mark Hughes' Southampton have merely abandoned the stripes around the neck and shoulder areas. Inventive lads... "
    Last Season:

This Season:

Abandoned the stipes?! They now have stripes!

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    The person who has given their expert opinion on these kits can't even get the basics right

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Sout...outhampton.htm

It's fairly similar to the one two seasons ago but it's stripes! You can't do a lot with stripes. It isn't the nicest kit in the world but it's not a shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

Last Season:

This Season:

Its hard to disagree with an entire article but this person almost achieves it!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    "8/10 ... Their blue home shirt oozes class, and epitomises the phrase, 'less is more.' "

https://www.90min.com/posts/6121755-...ity&ref=1.html

StT.
    <><
    Ours is by far the best , and that's a very unbiased point of view