+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Porthleven v U23's - Any news?

Porthleven v U23's - Any news?

Anyone???

Re: Porthleven v U23's - Any news?

1 nil up Healey yet again.

2-0 with another from Healey. Sounds as if he's running them ragged.

Make that 2 for Healey 2-0

37 min hat trick for Healey, place on bench tomorrow at this rate!

4 in 40 for Healey!!

5-0 HT, trialist with 5th.

1-5

Healey is a natural goal scorer and is probably the only one at the Club. I think he deserves to be looked at. Failing that he should be out on loan rather than wasting time in the U23's.

He's absolutely wasted in the 23s. Let him go to a league one club and do well and maybe we can get a fee for him, he's wasted here.
    It was pointless him going to a struggling Torquay last season.

9-1 ft.

Scorers no report on wales online or City website

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiwbina Blues View Post
    Scorers no report on wales online or City website
    Healey got four, trialist Scott McLean got two, Waite, Veale and Jake Evans one each.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    He's absolutely wasted in the 23s. Let him go to a league one club and do well and maybe we can get a fee for him, he's wasted here.
    It was pointless him going to a struggling Torquay last season.
    By the time Warnock had decided Healey was surplus to requirements last season the loan window was closed between league clubs so the only alternative was a move to the Conference. Fair play to Healey, not only for going there (he said under-23s is 'a sort of false football' and would rather go out on loan) but for applying himself and winning the respect of everyone down there, as he always seems to on his loan moves.

He's had a couple of bad injuries just as his career seemed to be taking off, at Dundee and here, and it's still hard to know exactly where his level is, even though he's 23. Warnock gave him a contract till 2020 so must see potential there, even though Rhys doesn't seem like a Warnock-type striker. I'd love to think he's got a future here but your first line is probably realistic. There'll be no shortage of takers if we do send him out on loan.

Healey scored 5 according to the club's Twitter page

Got to hand it to him, he works hard and obviously has some talent, an outside shout for the PL squad? I think Warnock would prefer him to Bogle

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

Got to hand it to him, he works hard and obviously has some talent, an outside shout for the PL squad? I think Warnock would prefer him to Bogle
    Five according to the match report too, seems like he got a touch on one of McLean's 'goals' although McLean is still credited with two here. Maybe they lost count and we scored ten.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...-on-19-jul-18/

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

Where is Bogle? I don't think he has featured in any of our matches yet has he?

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    By the time Warnock had decided Healey was surplus to requirements last season the loan window was closed between league clubs so the only alternative was a move to the Conference. Fair play to Healey, not only for going there (he said under-23s is 'a sort of false football' and would rather go out on loan) but for applying himself and winning the respect of everyone down there, as he always seems to on his loan moves.

He's had a couple of bad injuries just as his career seemed to be taking off, at Dundee and here, and it's still hard to know exactly where his level is, even though he's 23. Warnock gave him a contract till 2020 so must see potential there, even though Rhys doesn't seem like a Warnock-type striker. I'd love to think he's got a future here but your first line is probably realistic. There'll be no shortage of takers if we do send him out on loan.
    I don't think Warnock decided he wasn't required, we needed him in January with all of our injuries. I think once we get another player in, we'll loan him out but he certainly knows where the back of the net is. I'd like to see him go to League One on loan as I think Warnock rates him enough not to sell him.