+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ot- guy murders his wife and calls the police

Ot- guy murders his wife and calls the police

https://twitter.com/itvanglia/status...580484096?s=19

Something utterly chilling about how matter of fact he is about it all. Horrible

Re: Ot- guy murders his wife and calls the police

Odd, very odd. Fecking psychotic.
    Poor woman.

Awful thing to happen.

Although it reminds me of a crime thriller where on paper it looks very much like a psychotic killer is bang to rights... but things are not what they seem.

Slightly off topic but still relevant, I heard yesterday that something like only 7% of crimes are solved.
    There was a thread on here where somebody wrote that now is statistically the safest time to be alive.
    Hard to believe when you hear stats like that and perhaps the message is that crime does pay

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Awful thing to happen.

Although it reminds me of a crime thriller where on paper it looks very much like a psychotic killer is bang to rights... but things are not what they seem.

Slightly off topic but still relevant, I heard yesterday that something like only 7% of crimes are solved.
    There was a thread on here where somebody wrote that now is statistically the safest time to be alive.
    Hard to believe when you hear stats like that and perhaps the message is that crime does pay
    Is 7 percent right? I assume that must include every single crime reported from stealing bikes to smashing windows.

Also the safest time to be alive is because you are statistically less likely to die young or be killed than any other time in history.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Awful thing to happen.

Are most crimes murders?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Are most crimes murders?
    No but interestingly, murders were cited as part of the problem where officers are so stretched that "lesser" crimes suffer as a consequence.

I think on average around 600 people are murdered in England and Wales every year, out of almost 60,000,000 people that's around 0.001 percent. I think you're safe.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I think on average around 600 people are murdered in England and Wales every year, out of almost 60,000,000 people that's around 0.001 percent. I think you're safe.
    “...... but I know where you live”

i
    There were 709 homicides recorded in Wales and England in the 12 months up to March 2017, that's a 25% increase compared to 12 months up to 2016. That figure includes the 96 Hillsborough victims. If the Hillsborough victims are taken out of the fugures, there is still an 8% increase.

I can't find the clear up rates for Homicide at the moment, but they have usually been around the 95% mark in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    i

There were 709 homicides recorded in Wales and England in the 12 months up to March 2017, that's a 25% increase compared to 12 months up to 2016. That figure includes the 96 Hillsborough victims. If the Hillsborough victims are taken out of the fugures, there is still an 8% increase.

I can't find the clear up rates for Homicide at the moment, but they have usually been around the 95% mark in the past.
    I assume that includes terrorist attacks too?

It’s still under 0.001% though, you aren’t going to be murdered. Plus the whole safer than any other part in history is a world wide statistic, you’ve been pretty safe in the uk for a long time.

But world wide:

Fewer wars
    Fewer civil wars
    Fewer casualties in civil war
    I can’t mortality rate down
    Deaths of babies during child birth down
    Deaths of mothers during child birth down
    Less likely to die of cancer
    Etc

i

There's always going to be a large variance when you're dealing with 709 incidents with a population of about 60m.

i

In the 1890s there were around 300 reported homicides a year in the UK, and the UK population was about 20 something million.

Thanks for the reassurance, all's well in the world

Knife crime is on the increase and although a fair bit of scare mongering goes on, people in power with hidden agendas, people do feel threatened...
    "Knives knives knives"

I assume that includes terrorist attacks too?
    Yes. There were 5 terrorist homicides between 1st April 2016 and 31st March 2017.

Don’t ask me why but I thought of Croesy whilst watching that video.

Shouldn’t laugh but the bit where he said there was “well, only one now” (person in the house)

So patronising.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    In the 1890s there were around 300 reported homicides a year in the UK, and the UK population was about 20 something million.
    Many murders in the late 19th Century were recorded as natural causes as forensic science was still in its infancy. Unless there were visible signs of trauma it was very difficult to say it had been a murder. In contrast, as forensic science developed a number of poisoning cases were recorded as murder, however re-examination of some of these cases more recently has shown they may have been caused by arsenic which was used in everyday items such as wall paper and paint.

Yes. There were 5 terrorist homicides between 1st April 2016 and 31st March 2017.
    Thanks. The Ariana Grande attack must account for a lot of the increase then.

Yeah individual events can skew the numbers a lot. They count all the Harold Shipman murders in one year as well

No, that occurred after 31st March 2017. The above figures (709) relate to 1st April 2016 - 31st March 2017. The figures for 1st April 2017 - 31st March 2018 haven't been released yet as far as I can see.

No, that occurred after 31st March 2017. The above figures (709) relate to 1st April 2016 - 31st March 2017. The figures for 1st April 2017 - 31st March 2018 haven't been released yet as far as I can see.
    Ah right. Can expect a hike then, with the London Bridge one too.

https://twitter.com/itvanglia/status...580484096?s=19

Something utterly chilling about how matter of fact he is about it all. Horrible
    Same thing happened to my mate twenty years ago. He strangled and stabbed his wife to death and then rang her father and the police, quite calmly, and said he thinks he's killed her. When the police got there he asked if they wanted a cup of tea, bizarre.

Ah right. Can expect a hike then, with the London Bridge one too.
    There may be a slight increase, but the 1980's was the worst period in the UK for terrorist homicides.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Same thing happened to my mate twenty years ago. He strangled and stabbed his wife to death and then rang her father and the police, quite calmly, and said he thinks he's killed her. When the police got there he asked if they wanted a cup of tea, bizarre.
    Even though handing themselves in is better for everyone than going on the run, it's somehow really disturbing that someone can act so naturally after doing that.

Even though handing themselves in is better for everyone than going on the run, it's somehow really disturbing that someone can act so naturally after doing that.
    Back in the 80's I dealt with a murder in North London where a guy had lain in wait for someone he was in dispute with. As the victim approached his business premises (situated on a main thoroughfare) the attacker approached him from behind, produced two butchers knives and decapitated the victim in front of the queue of rush hour traffic. He then just sat there and waited for the Police to arrive. Blood everywhere and the victim's head lying on the pavement. Not a pretty sight.