+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Selling seats back to the club

Selling seats back to the club

Now we are massive again I just wondered if the club were doing that scheme like last time, where season ticket holders sell tickets back to the club in advance for games they can’t go to?

Re: Selling seats back to the club

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Now we are massive again I just wondered if the club were doing that scheme like last time, where season ticket holders sell tickets back to the club in advance for games they can’t go to?
    I’ve been waiting to hear about this too. I work shifts and won’t be able to make every home game. I would think they would have to offer some sort of deal , otherwise it encourages to hand your ticket on to a mate or something.

Could those sat in red seats , sell them for blue ones.

Guess nobody knows yet then. Even if they only give you a tenner back to be reclaimed next season- as long as they re sell the seat I can’t see the problem?

I seem to remember they give you 75% of the ticket value , if they re sold the ticket.

I gave up my seat 5 times in the prem league season and I don’t remember getting any money back. Despite people around me telling me the seat was taken in my absence.

SuperBluebirds91

You could defInetely sell you’re seat back to the club last time we were in the PL as I did this myself. You have to go to the ticket office but as far as I remember there was some issue about the fact you could only redeem it at the end of the season but we were led to believe it could be taken off my next season ticket renewal. I remember being disappointed by the amount too. It was something like £12 I got back from a £30 odd ticket! Wasn’t worth it that’s what I remember, It wasn’t worth the effort!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBluebirds91 View Post
    You could defInetely sell you’re seat back to the club last time we were in the PL as I did this myself. You have to go to the ticket office but as far as I remember there was some issue about the fact you could only redeem it at the end of the season but we were led to believe it could be taken off my next season ticket renewal. I remember being disappointed by the amount too. It was something like £12 I got back from a £30 odd ticket! Wasn’t worth it that’s what I remember, It wasn’t worth the effort!
    It amazes me about this !!!

Shirley, everyone got mates/family in Cardiff who would buy it, I would find a good home for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Shirley, everyone got mates/family in Cardiff who would buy it, I would find a good home for it.
    Yes , most definitely. However that’s the unofficial way and it would be lot easier if you could sell your ticket back to the club for a nominal fee.

And please , don’t call me Shirley 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Yes , most definitely. However that’s the unofficial way and it would be lot easier if you could sell your ticket back to the club for a nominal fee.

And please , don’t call me Shirley ��
    This is what annoys me, the "POSH PEOPLE" on level 3, can give their tickets to any Tom, Dick, or Harry, why are we treated differently ???

As some have said, "The club's way, don't always work"!!!!!

This is what annoys me, the "POSH PEOPLE" on level 3, can give their tickets to any Tom, Dick, or Harry, why are we treated differently ???

We are not treated differently at all. We can loan or 'sell' our season ticket to 'any tom dick or harry' on a game by game basis, provided the recipient is in the same price category as the holder i.e adult, concession, junior etc. They are fully transferable now.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    We are not treated differently at all. We can loan or 'sell' our season ticket to 'any tom dick or harry' on a game by game basis, provided the recipient is in the same price category as the holder i.e adult, concession, junior etc. They are fully transferable now.
    This is wonderful news

Where did you see this in print ?

Forgive my ignorance , but are you saying you can sell a season ticket to someone who already is a season ticket holder in the same price category ? If so I dont see the benefit ?. Genuine question !

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Forgive my ignorance , but are you saying you can sell a season ticket to someone who already is a season ticket holder in the same price category ? If so I dont see the benefit ?. Genuine question !
    Na, what he/she is saying is "if your ticket is an adult one, you can sell to an adult, if it is an OAP one, you can sell to an OAP, if it's a kid's one, you can sell to kids"

Well that's how I read it

Thats a bit harsh, I am not posh .

Are you doing Burton next week, if so put me down.

Can you see if i qualify for Bournmouth Damon is a waste of space these days . If I do stick me down for that as well please.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Thats a bit harsh, I am not posh .

Are you doing Burton next week, if so put me down.

Can you see if i qualify for Bournmouth Damon is a waste of space these days . If I do stick me down for that as well please.
    text me your fan number please james, in case I ain't got it.

SuperBluebirds91

I have no mates or family in Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBluebirds91 View Post
    To be honest even a tenner per ticket or so is ok. Most people will miss a few games a season and as long as club can sell them back happy days.

Saves threads on here about numbers of empty seats also- now we won’t be able to have the “why are our crowds so low it must be because of the rebrand” threads anymore.