+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: No Deal Brexit.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: No Deal Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I guess those who understand the difference between a referendum and an election would have said that the people have already advised on the issue!
    That's all well and good, but in the 2 years, 1 month and 1 week since that referendum took place we have the very people who were telling us a deal with the EU was easy, that they needed us more than we needed them - the people who told us that are now trying to sell a No Deal Brexit as no bad thing. The two key positions of Government are held by a passive remainer, and an agressive remainer. We have had a General Election that, instead of clearing Parliament, hamstrung it completely. After her Lancaster House Speech, I was actually relieved to see May had a roadmap to a future post EU membership. What the feck has happened since then? Because, it is obvious to me, there are no plans. There never were any plans, and Government and Opposition are filled with self-servers seeking career opportunities, and not many working for the public interest.

The referendum saw the people narrowly advising the Government that leaving was best for the country. The Government has failed to meet those demands so far, are now on holiday for a month, followed by a week or two in Parliament, followed by another few weeks off for Conferences. It is painful to watch because, at the end of all this, none of us are getting what we voted for (48% have already lost, how many of the 52% are still winners at this moment)?

The thing is, a no deal brexit will kill manufacturing, it will kill road haulage companies, and it will kill agriculture. Probably the three sectors of the Country's industry that voted most strongly to leave! If anything, what is happening now is far more undemocratic than holding a second referendum for the people to advise on the next best path to take - no deal, or no brexit. There's no middle ground anymore.

The people who "won" that referendum (I think Boris didn't really want to win it) are nowhere to be seen. The people who called for the referendum are nowhere to be seen. The people who called the referendum are nowhere to be seen (by people, I mean MPs). They're all hiding away and resigning a few days after leaving a cabinet meeting where everyone was said to agree. What the feck were Davis and Johnson doing in Chequers? Where was their British Bulldog spirit? It took Davis a weekend to resign, and Boris a little bit longer.