Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
The quality of debate was shit, let's be fair. My position at the time was that my default position was to remain and it was up to the leavers to convince mt that leaving was going to improve on what we already had.

It's interesting that you view the remain campaign as being project fear. I thought the remain campaign focused too much on the negatives of leaving, and not the positives of staying. Some of Cameron's claims were fanciful, how that cretin ever made it to Tory leader is amazing, but then the Tories haven't had a good leader since John Major.

I saw the leave campaign as being equally about project fear. The millions of Albanians and Turks, the Europe army and all that jazz was equally about striking fear into the populace.

I know people that voted leave purely on immigration. I also know people who voted leave believing that a trade deal with the EU was a mere formality. Some of those people have changed their minds - mainly due to the fact that the leavers who promised milk and honey are nowhere near the decision making process, and it is obvious we are now at a crossroads - no deal, or no brexit. I can't see any other alternatives. As for a trade deal with America - don't make me laugh. That is not going to be anywhere near as beneficial if it happens.

Farage is busy advising his mates to short the pound.
Post of the week, I couldn’t agree more, it’s everything I’ve been thinking and agree with 👏👏