+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: No Deal Brexit.

Re: No Deal Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    What will the EU do with all of their excess products that they sell to us, do you think the companies that make them will stand by and be told they will have to forget about this business? These companies are heavily invested in their workforces, plant and equipment, and they have financial obligations that need to be met. I can't see it happening myself, just like the EU capitulated to Trump, as there is no benefit for the EU in pursuing negative trade deals.
    On the other hand, many of the 27 countries in the EU may be rubbing their hands in knowing that they may pick up the slack if British goods are too expensive for other EU countries to import.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Who said this?
    The EU!

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    I think it’s fair to say it was a good deal for both the USA and the EU so not sure why you’re trying to yet again spin it as some one sided victory. It reads like a Daily Express headline and I think we can finally put that nonsense neutral position you espouse to bed.

Whether or not the UK will be as successful when we know our economy isn’t as big as America’s is yet to be seen. I hope a deal ncan be done to make the best of this utterly farcical situation created by that poisonous prick (copyright David Mitchell) Cameron got us into .
    Both Britain and America buy more from the EU than they sell to them, so it's the same trade scenario. Stop being a one-eyed loon

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    On the other hand, many of the 27 countries in the EU may be rubbing their hands in knowing that they may pick up the slack if British goods are too expensive for other EU countries to import.
    How does that grow the EU economy? Those 27 countries could be making something else, instead of diverting their workforces to the task of picking up the slack!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    How does that grow the EU economy? Those 27 countries could be making something else, instead of diverting their workforces to the task of picking up the slack!
    It may grow the economy of some of the EC countries concerned. Those that do not export to us as much as countries like Germany. It's not necessarily the case that all 27 countries concerned will lose out if a hard Brexit takes place.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    What can happen when we go down the sort of road described in your link.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...e-1344995.html

Farage calls doctors and the BMA an 'absolute disgrace'.

One of the replies:

Hi Nigel, I am a Junior Doctor and I am gratified that you think me a disgrace. Given the hours that I work looking after sick children in a cash-strapped service after years of training and on-going education... I think 'disgrace' is the right word for me. Now what word should I use for an MEP who never attended committee meetings, who's been part of a campaign that lied to the public & made false promise after false promise, who even now as it all unravels attacks anyone speaks the truth rather than admit the flawed basis of the 2016 vote?

farage_1950072i.jpg

I wonder how many doctors he called an absolute disgrace in the days after this. The c*nt.