Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
Dominic Frisby (Money Week) makes a strong case for the benefits of leaving the single market in an interview with Adam Boulton on Sky News.

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discus...mment/90774087
That was awkward to watch. I still haven't seen anything close to a convincing reason in favour of this mess.

Rees-Mogg was batted into a corner by Krishnan Guru-Murthy (I think it was him) and said that the economic benefits for Brexit may not be apparent for 50 years.

50 years! We haven't even given the EU that long. Almost everyone who voted in 2016 will be dead or retired. No one makes economic predictions for 50 years in the future. It's infuriating, and I only hope the impending immediate disaster continues to seep into the public conscious, as I feel has been happening over the past couple of weeks.

We can still withdraw Article 50. A few months ago I felt that wasn't wise as the undercurrent of why so many people voted to leave will still be there, and people like Farage would stoke it up. But now I'm starting to think that at least that cohort won't be around for decades. It increasingly feels like the country has been held to ransom by Aron Banks and his crew.