+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: No Deal Brexit.

Re: No Deal Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    If it's a hard Brexit will Eire give back the 20 billion the UK (taxpayer ) gave them to bale them out during the financial crash, perhaps they could put it towards a hard/soft border solution .

Do there politicians leaders even remember the generosity shown to them ?
    Too right mate, the eirish are our enemies THE ENEMIES OF OUR PEOPLE

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Too right mate, the eirish are our enemies THE ENEMIES OF OUR PEOPLE
    I did not say that , have you listened to the Irish premier though banging on about hard boarder , ,hard Brexit ,flying over Ireland etc ,now that being an enemy, and not a close ally of a country that did help them out in time of need ,so different is the current rhetoric now their financially better off .

I did not say that , have you listened to the Irish premier though banging on about hard boarder , ,hard Brexit ,flying over Ireland etc ,now that being an enemy, and not a close ally of a country that did help them out in time of need ,so different is the current rhetoric now their financially better off .
    This reminds me of the Australia/Indonesia dispute a few years ago. Indonesia executed two Aussies for drug smuggling and Australia's main protest was that they give millions in aid and this is what happens. Should a country have a hold over another just because they voluntarily contribute money?

The UK bailing out Ireland wasn't because we are dead nice chaps, it's because a bust Ireland would have a huge knock-on effect to the UK economy. Quite frankly, Ireland have every right to 'bang on' about the hard border, and the reason there's a chance of it going up is nothing to do with them at all. We have no high morals here, I'm amazed you seem to think we do.

By the way, I would love you to find an Irish person and ask them "Do there politicians leaders even remember the generosity shown to them ?" Their response might surprise you (and hurt a little too).

Did the UK give Ireland £20bn? Or did we lend them a much smaller amount? I can't remember now...

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Did the UK give Ireland £20bn? Or did we lend them a much smaller amount? I can't remember now...
    It's irrelevant. Turns out we were actually just paying for their silence a few years down the line as we take decisions that potentially could have severe implications on their country.

Let's be honest. It's an unholy mess and no-one knows where it will lead in the very short-term let alone the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    What are all these laws that have been forced on Britain against British will and what percentage of all British law does this account for?
    Read the book by Yanis Varoufakis, he was there and has good experience of how the EU really works.

And there we have it. Financial experts opinions - bollocks. Independent fiscal organisations opinions - bollocks. British spirit - winner.

Out of interest, would you be happy to vote Brexit if it meant a family member (or more) losing their jobs, and if so, would you be happy to tell them to their face that their loss of livelihood is "worth it"?

This is entirely the problem with Brexit.
    Brexit, remain, austerity, etc., all have their winners and losers, that is a fact of political decisions, but should we apologise to everybody who fall on the wrong side of the will of the people? What about all the people who have died in wars defending British sovereignty and our democratic freedoms? Should we tell their families they all died in vein?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Read the book by Yanis Varoufakis, he was there and has good experience of how the EU really works.
    Sounds like one of those lazy Greek fkrs who keep having the €billion bail outs without a hope in hell chance of paying it back. Thats another reason to get out, throwing euros at these countries 😎

Argh imagine he'd be kicking the hell out of May and the Tories , he' d be 20% ahead in the polls .

I loved thowe election nights when he trounced the Tories (big majority's as well ) argh, glory days.
    This guy is a war criminal. He shouldnt be allowed to commrnt on Fk all

Quote Originally Posted by Watamistakatomaka View Post
    Sounds like one of those lazy Greek fkrs who keep having the €billion bail outs without a hope in hell chance of paying it back. Thats another reason to get out, throwing euros at these countries ��
    He is the former Greek finance minister who tried to negotiate with the EU from the inside. The EU do not negotiate with member states via democratic means, the informal and unelected Eurogroup dictate policy.

Confirmed: May and Robbins sideline Raab and DExEU

https://order-order.com/2018/07/24/c...sideline-raab/

He is the former Greek finance minister who tried to negotiate with the EU from the inside. The EU do not negotiate with member states via democratic means, the informal and unelected Eurogroup dictate policy.
    He was also a remainer so don't encourage people to read too deeply if you want them to agree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    It's irrelevant. Turns out we were actually just paying for their silence a few years down the line as we take decisions that potentially could have severe implications on their country.
    dont know but it did help folk who may have lost a lot of money many of whom were lower end earners and ordinary families

dont know but it did help folk who may have lost a lot of money many of whom were lower end earners and ordinary families

Ireland have borrowed and have paid back.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Let's be honest. It's an unholy mess and no-one knows where it will lead in the very short-term let alone the long term.

Isn’t it just. But the leavers can always relay on bullshit rhetoric about the Wars to somehow justify their position.

That doesn't answer the question posed, like virtually all of your answers.

Brexit, remain, austerity, etc., all have their winners and losers, that is a fact of political decisions, but should we apologise to everybody who fall on the wrong side of the will of the people? What about all the people who have died in wars defending British sovereignty and our democratic freedoms? Should we tell their families they all died in vein?
    That doesn't answer the question posed, like virtually all of your answers.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Ireland have borrowed and have paid back.
    That's good and hopefully the country is now beginning to prosper , time to be nice and supportive then, as per the financial crash time

Edit: I'll take that reply back.

You appear to be suggesting that people don't matter. If things go tits up and people suffer, then fine. You are also suggesting that tossing people into more poverty against their will in order that democracy wins is on a par with innocent people losing their lives in war. I don't agree with that, I also think it's disgraceful to even make an inaccurate comparison like that. People lost their lives in war which was not the result of a referendum. Here there's a political choice - people or an ideologically driven desire to turn the UK into a tax haven sweat shop. You would rather politicians make people suffer than do the right thing for them. I think that makes you a complete and utter odious right-wing tosspot

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    He was also a remainer so don't encourage people to read too deeply if you want them to agree with you
    A remainer who wanted to change the system from the inside .. what chance of that!

Edit: I'll take that reply back.

You appear to be suggesting that people don't matter. If things go tits up and people suffer, then fine. You are also suggesting that tossing people into more poverty against their will in order that democracy wins is on a par with innocent people losing their lives in war. I don't agree with that, I also think it's disgraceful to even make an inaccurate comparison like that. People lost their lives in war which was not the result of a referendum. Here there's a political choice - people or an ideologically driven desire to turn the UK into a tax haven sweat shop. You would rather politicians make people suffer than do the right thing for them. I think that makes you a complete and utter odious right-wing tosspot
    Thousands of sick and disabled people have died because of austerity and nobody on here gave a toss about them. It seems like you want to pick and choose your battles, depending on how you see them affecting you personally. Good thing you didn't find yourself suffering from chronic ill health then. BTW Corbyn is Brexiteer, as are many labour voters, so I don't know where you got the idea that Brexit is a right-wing ideology.

Thousands of sick and disabled people have died because of austerity and nobody on here gave a toss about them. It seems like you want to pick and choose your battles, depending on how you see them affecting you personally. Good thing you didn't find yourself suffering from chronic ill health then. BTW Corbyn is Brexiteer, as are many labour voters, so I don't know where you got the idea that Brexit is a right-wing ideology.
    Jacob rees mogg, UKIP, the BNP, EDL, the rightn wing of the Tory party, Nigel Farage etc etc etc
    As for Corbyn I’d have a bit more respect for him if he’d come out more in the referendum that he was a brexoteer

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Jacob rees mogg, UKIP, the BNP, EDL, the rightn wing of the Tory party, Nigel Farage etc etc etc
    As for Corbyn I’d have a bit more respect for him if he’d come out more in the referendum that he was a brexoteer
    I'm talking about the 52% who voted for Brexit. We all know that politicians don't work for us. I have even advocated for a new centrist party based on grass roots policies, but first you have to get rid of the unelected bureaucrats in Brussels. Only then can you consider any new forms of representation in British politics. I don't hold out much hope though, as I never realised the extent of brainwashing the average person has undergone.

That’s rubbish I have posted on numerous occasions on this MB about the Tories killing the sick and disabled, I care