+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No Deal Brexit.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: No Deal Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I seriously don't know why anyone is worried about brexit. Everything will be fine. The home secretary himself has confirmed the government will be trying to make sure everyone has "adequate food". It's all ok.
    The people who died in the 2nd World War defending British sovereignty and our democratic freedoms didn't do it so that rationing would be introduced!...............oh hang on a minute

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    The people who died in the 2nd World War defending British sovereignty and our democratic freedoms didn't do it so that rationing would be introduced!...............oh hang on a minute
    Are you one of those people who goes around writing graffiti on war memorials? Show some respect man!

I seriously don't know why anyone is worried about brexit. Everything will be fine. The home secretary himself has confirmed the government will be trying to make sure everyone has "adequate food". It's all ok.
    Don't despair, politicians guided by the boys in the City of London will find a way to usurp the will of the 52% who voted to leave. You can sleep soundly in the knowledge Britain will continue to be a haven for impossible to assimilate Third Worlders and for the worst criminal elements of Romania, etc. Britain's descent into a debt-laden, welfare dependent, drug and crime-ridden zero-hour employment cesspit will accelerate.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Don't despair, politicians guided by the boys in the City of London will find a way to usurp the will of the 52% who voted to leave. You can sleep soundly in the knowledge Britain will continue to be a haven for impossible to assimilate Third Worlders and for the worst criminal elements of Romania, etc. Britain's descent into a debt-laden, welfare dependent, drug and crime-ridden zero-hour employment cesspit will accelerate.
    So the descent you describe is solely down to immigrants?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So the descent you describe is solely down to immigrants?
    No, not solely or even primarily, Bobsy, but it is a significant factor.

I sometimes can't quite believe how society has changed for the worse since I was kid. The proportion of tattooed hippos lumbering around along with antisocial underclass kids everywhere, an ubiquitous drugs culture, beggars and people kipping in shop doorways is the relatively new normal.

I sometimes can't quite believe how society has changed for the worse since I was kid. The proportion of tattooed hippos lumbering around along with antisocial underclass kids everywhere, an ubiquitous drugs culture, beggars and people kipping in shop doorways is the relatively new normal.
    The EU globalists are very keen on a one-world government, but which one will they deliver, the 1st or 3rd world model?

We all believe our childhoods were the best and that things keep getting worse.

Drugs, beggars, antisocial behaviour and homelessness are all new? Where did you grow up?

Thanks for that Oswald Mosley

If Trump can sort out the EU why can't we? Apparently the EU are believers in no tariffs, no barriers and no subsidies!

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
    Great meeting on Trade today with @JunckerEU and representatives of the European Union. We have come to a very strong understanding and are all believers in no tariffs, no barriers and no subsidies. Work on documents has already started and the process is moving along quickly. European Union Nations will be open to the United States and at the same time benefiting by everything we are doing for them. There was great warmth and feeling in the room - a breakthrough has been quickly made that nobody thought possible!
    4:42 pm - 25 Jul 2018

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...65839104483329

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    If Trump can sort out the EU why can't we? Apparently the EU are believers in no tariffs, no barriers and no subsidies!

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
    Great meeting on Trade today with @JunckerEU and representatives of the European Union. We have come to a very strong understanding and are all believers in no tariffs, no barriers and no subsidies. Work on documents has already started and the process is moving along quickly. European Union Nations will be open to the United States and at the same time benefiting by everything we are doing for them. There was great warmth and feeling in the room - a breakthrough has been quickly made that nobody thought possible!
    4:42 pm - 25 Jul 2018

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...65839104483329
    So the EU/US head towards a tariff free trade deal. When we take back control and negotiate all those fantastic deals with the rest of the world that being a member of the EU stops us from doing what additional benefit other than chlorinated chicken will this bring?

Juncker must have chuckled all the way back to Luxembourg.

So the EU/US head towards a tariff free trade deal. When we take back control and negotiate all those fantastic deals with the rest of the world that being a member of the EU stops us from doing what additional benefit other than chlorinated chicken will this bring?

Juncker must have chuckled all the way back to Luxembourg.
    Why can't we get the same deal? If the world is heading towards no tariffs, no barriers and no subsidies, what's the point of the EU common market?

Why can't we get the same deal? If the world is heading towards no tariffs, no barriers and no subsidies, what's the point of the EU common market?
    How on earth did you reach the conclusion that the world is heading towards no tariffs, no barriers (presumably services and people) and no subsidies?

Trump as usual is all over the place seeking the next triumphant headline. It would be interesting to see him explain his latest "agreement" to the MAGA corps. The core fact is that the US is the largest consumer market in the world. The reason that the US imports more than it exports in the majority of sectors is due to the avaricious appetite of Americans to consume the world's goods. An appetite not necessarily shared the other way around.

The Republican tax cuts will put more money into the hands of mainly those who are able to afford luxury goods and the EU is home to many of the world's highest profile manufacturers. Trump got elected promising to correct that imbalance but now seems keen to engineer an outcome designed to exacerbate it.

Juncker meanwhile gets victory for Stuttgart and Munich all for the price of a few beans. This in turn staves of the threat to those markets of similtaneous squeezing of US and UK markets for Audis and BMWs making it easier to continue to maintain the EU Brexit negotiating line. Or in terms you might understand Protectionists 0 Globalists 1 in the tricky away leg!

Of course I am sure you will be cheering the new globalist free trade Trump from the rooftops even when he seems to be turning into George Soros for the day!

How on earth did you reach the conclusion that the world is heading towards no tariffs, no barriers (presumably services and people) and no subsidies?

Trump as usual is all over the place seeking the next triumphant headline. It would be interesting to see him explain his latest "agreement" to the MAGA corps. The core fact is that the US is the largest consumer market in the world. The reason that the US imports more than it exports in the majority of sectors is due to the avaricious appetite of Americans to consume the world's goods. An appetite not necessarily shared the other way around.

The Republican tax cuts will put more money into the hands of mainly those who are able to afford luxury goods and the EU is home to many of the world's highest profile manufacturers. Trump got elected promising to correct that imbalance but now seems keen to engineer an outcome designed to exacerbate it.

Juncker meanwhile gets victory for Stuttgart and Munich all for the price of a few beans. This in turn staves of the threat to those markets of similtaneous squeezing of US and UK markets for Audis and BMWs making it easier to continue to maintain the EU Brexit negotiating line. Or in terms you might understand Protectionists 0 Globalists 1 in the tricky away leg!

Of course I am sure you will be cheering the new globalist free trade Trump from the rooftops even when he seems to be turning into George Soros for the day!
    We are the words 5th largest economy. We buy more from the EU than they buy from us. Why can't we get the same MAGA deal?

Of course this could be the moment where Trump reveals himself to be a Trojan Horse globalist! He was very supportive of May's Brexit plans, and now this free trade deal with the EU. If it is true, will you and your easily manipulated gang of drones suddenly turn into odious right-wing Trump supporting rabble-rousers?

BRITAIN’S BIG SQUEEZE

In Britain, Austerity Is Changing Everything

After eight years of budget cutting, Britain is looking less like the rest of Europe and more like the United States, with a shrinking welfare state and spreading poverty.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/28/w...y-poverty.html

That article really brings home what living in Britain in 2018 is like - thanks for posting it, the "we're all in it together" mantra has never sounded so hollow.

Yesterday I read the About Us page of a site which you linked to in the Donald Trump thread;-

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/about/

I found it be smug, sentimental and arrogant claptrap with this bit in particular catching my eye "make donations to the Red Cross when there’s an earthquake, donate to charity when you can afford it, etc. Even if it’s just $50 here and there – it’s the right thing to do.". All very noble and praiseworthy I'm sure, but it's the $50 part that is so telling because it shows that they just don't get it, things are relative and $50 is a lot of money to some people - it's certainly not the sort of sum they'd find under the cushions of their sofa and think I know, I'll give that to charity.

However, it's when you read articles like that one from the New York Times that your realise why, despite a style which comes across as more welcoming and friendly than many political sites on both sides of the divide, at heart it's just more of the "what's in it for me?" philosophy which has been around for ever, but has become more prevalent since the Thatcher and Reagan "revolutions" thirty and more years ago.

That article really brings home what living in Britain in 2018 is like - thanks for posting it, the "we're all in it together" mantra has never sounded so hollow.

Yesterday I read the About Us page of a site which you linked to in the Donald Trump thread;-

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/about/

I found it be smug, sentimental and arrogant claptrap with this bit in particular catching my eye "make donations to the Red Cross when there’s an earthquake, donate to charity when you can afford it, etc. Even if it’s just $50 here and there – it’s the right thing to do.". All very noble and praiseworthy I'm sure, but it's the $50 part that is so telling because it shows that they just don't get it, things are relative and $50 is a lot of money to some people - it's certainly not the sort of sum they'd find under the cushions of their sofa and think I know, I'll give that to charity.

However, it's when you read articles like that one from the New York Times that your realise why, despite a style which comes across as more welcoming and friendly than many political sites on both sides of the divide, at heart it's just more of the "what's in it for me?" philosophy which has been around for ever, but has become more prevalent since the Thatcher and Reagan "revolutions" thirty and more years ago.
    The Conservative Treehouse are a ragtag bunch of citizen researchers who have a track record of getting things right most of the time. They always provide sources for their work, and a lot of the DC media and politicial crowd follow them. If you go back through some of their past research, you will find they have disclosed many things that are happening today well over a year ago. They are certainly not journalists, they are just regular people with day jobs and normal lives. It's a pity the regular news media aren't so thorough in their reporting, as I could be quoting them instead of this lot, but I take your point that they are a bit rough and ready, maybe even smug, sentimental and arrogant. What does amaze me though, is the fact that people find it necessary to comb through piles of documents looking for the truth, as they don't feel the official media are meeting their needs.

Another excellent article from Ms Hyde.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...n-food-barnier

She is the most consistently good columnist around.

She is the most consistently good columnist around.
    In a Paul Merton kind of way

In a Paul Merton kind of way
    I’m sure you can tell us how wonderful Brexit will be. What’s the plan then?

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    I’m sure you can tell us how wonderful Brexit will be. What’s the plan then?
    Brexit will a success from the word go. Ignore Project Fear stuff like this. Just In Time supply chains, they don't even exist. Food appears in shops, it just happens. And always always will.

http://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2018...lly-looks-like

Crikey Bob, first you're buying books from the Sun and now you are bigging up their ex-reporters! Well, I'm probably pushing it calling her a reporter as celebrity gossip is more her kind of thing. Admittedly she is a good comedy writer, but hardly a political expert. Incidentally, she got fired from the Sun for consistenly being in contact with Piers Morgan who worked at a rival publication

3 weaknesses of man

1. Easily fooled
    2. Easily scared
    3. Needs to be saved