+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: No Deal Brexit.

Re: No Deal Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Of course I am sure you will be cheering the new globalist free trade Trump from the rooftops even when he seems to be turning into George Soros for the day!
    Of course this could be the moment where Trump reveals himself to be a Trojan Horse globalist! He was very supportive of May's Brexit plans, and now this free trade deal with the EU. If it is true, will you and your easily manipulated gang of drones suddenly turn into odious right-wing Trump supporting rabble-rousers?

Another excellent article from Ms Hyde.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...n-food-barnier

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

She is the most consistently good columnist around.

Crikey Bob, first you're buying books from the Sun and now you are bigging up their ex-reporters! Well, I'm probably pushing it calling her a reporter as celebrity gossip is more her kind of thing. Admittedly she is a good comedy writer, but hardly a political expert. Incidentally, she got fired from the Sun for consistenly being in contact with Piers Morgan who worked at a rival publication

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    She is the most consistently good columnist around.
    In a Paul Merton kind of way

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    In a Paul Merton kind of way
    I’m sure you can tell us how wonderful Brexit will be. What’s the plan then?

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    I’m sure you can tell us how wonderful Brexit will be. What’s the plan then?
    Brexit will a success from the word go. Ignore Project Fear stuff like this. Just In Time supply chains, they don't even exist. Food appears in shops, it just happens. And always always will.

http://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2018...lly-looks-like

Brexit will a success from the word go. Ignore Project Fear stuff like this. Just In Time supply chains, they don't even exist. Food appears in shops, it just happens. And always always will.

http://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2018...lly-looks-like
    Ridiculous isn’t it? Just so a there is the illusion of taking back control (whatever that means) for a few fantasist with no logical plan but sound bites and rhetoric

Ridiculous isn’t it? Just so a there is the illusion of taking back control (whatever that means) for a few fantasist with no logical plan but sound bites and rhetoric
    Oh oh oh and someone read a blog which said there will definitely be an EU army so best be safe and get out now.

Oh oh oh and someone read a blog which said there will definitely be an EU army so best be safe and get out now.
    Come on guys, it's not all bad. We will be getting blue passports. Wonder what colour the ration books will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Come on guys, it's not all bad. We will be getting blue passports. Wonder what colour the ration books will be.
    They will be made in Europe and we’ll get them eventually after the tirucks get through after two weeks of checks 😃

They will be made in Europe and we’ll get them eventually after the tirucks get through after two weeks of checks ��

Going back to it - why is everything (most of it being proven true) predicted by remainers seen as project fear, whereas all the tripe from Project Leave about millions of Turks just waiting to come in was never seen as project fear?

We should have a second vote in 2019. It will be almost 3 years since the original vote, and people will have more facts at their disposal. The leavers (clinging onto this "victory" just as a fair few of them cling onto winning two World Wars) claim it's undemocratic. On average, since the War, we have had a general election every 3 years 7 months. No-one says that is undemocratic - there were two elections in '74 and I haven't read anywhere people claiming that was undemocratic.

3 weaknesses of man

1. Easily fooled
    2. Easily scared
    3. Needs to be saved

Going back to it - why is everything (most of it being proven true) predicted by remainers seen as project fear, whereas all the tripe from Project Leave about millions of Turks just waiting to come in was never seen as project fear?

We should have a second vote in 2019. It will be almost 3 years since the original vote, and people will have more facts at their disposal. The leavers (clinging onto this "victory" just as a fair few of them cling onto winning two World Wars) claim it's undemocratic. On average, since the War, we have had a general election every 3 years 7 months. No-one says that is undemocratic - there were two elections in '74 and I haven't read anywhere people claiming that was undemocratic.
    Try to learn at least one new thing everyday

https://www.differencebetween.com/di...vs-referendum/

3 weaknesses of man

1. Easily fooled
    2. Easily scared
    3. Needs to be saved
    Pizzagate, Sandyhook conspiracy. The OIG report was going to manifest thousands of inditements

Easily fooled......

Pizzagate, Sandyhook conspiracy. The OIG report was going to manifest thousands of inditements

Easily fooled......
    It may well do, or the Obama holdovers are still in key positions of power and can make things go away. Remember how Blair recently got off with a tapped wrist in the WOMD inquiry. By your logic, he was innocent of any wrongdoing.

Getting back to the thread ,I'm ready for a no deal , stockpiled my food ready for an early
    election, I cant wait to listen to the posturing of both sides , as the election will be a Brexit one , such fun .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Getting back to the thread ,I'm ready for a no deal , stockpiled my food ready for an early
    election, I cant wait to listen to the posturing of both sides , as the election will be a Brexit one , such fun .
    Everything in this thread is relevant to the thread. When you zoom out you get a bigger picture. It's the same people and institutions who are involved, it's all interconnected.

Try to learn at least one new thing everyday

https://www.differencebetween.com/di...vs-referendum/
    That article tells me nothing that I don't already know.

That article tells me nothing that I don't already know.
    So why are you calling for a second referendum when it's already done and dusted? The people have already decided the issue.

So why are you calling for a second referendum when it's already done and dusted? The people have already decided the issue.
    Because, it is plainly obvious, a large number of people have changed their opinions based on the facts that have come to light since June 23rd 2016. So far, I think the only victory that the Brexiteers have been able to cheer is the colour of the passport. We have seen Liam Fox go in front of Presidents like Duterte and saying "We have shared values". All to court favour with backwater countries in a desperate attempt to replace the expected loss of trade with the EU.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a7667711.html

Have you seen the impact assessments? Do you think that every one of those who voted to leave the EU voted to leave with the strong possibility of there being no deal? Remember, we were being told that Europe needed us more than we needed them, German car manufacturers needed us, etc etc, in the run up to the last referendum.

No deal will mean those people who shorted the pound on June 23rd will get a chance to make more profit. That's the sort of people who want a no deal brexit. The amusing thing is, they have tricked some of Joe Public into thinking it will be good for them too.

A no deal Brexit will do what to manufacturing and agriculture in the UK? I'd like to know, and W-B has all the answers.

Dominic Frisby (Money Week) makes a strong case for the benefits of leaving the single market in an interview with Adam Boulton on Sky News.

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discus...mment/90774087

Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    Dominic Frisby (Money Week) makes a strong case for the benefits of leaving the single market in an interview with Adam Boulton on Sky News.

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discus...mment/90774087
    Just goes to show that no one can claim that the 52 per cent speak with a united voice once you start looking beyond the basic yes/no question in a referendum where the quality of debate was abysmal on both sides.
    Remain's project fear almost made me a leave voter, but then you see things like this which make me glad I wasn't.
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ave-vote-leave

Just goes to show that no one can claim that the 52 per cent speak with a united voice once you start looking beyond the basic yes/no question in a referendum where the quality of debate was abysmal on both sides.
    Remain's project fear almost made me a leave voter, but then you see things like this which make me glad I wasn't.
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ave-vote-leave
    The quality of debate was shit, let's be fair. My position at the time was that my default position was to remain and it was up to the leavers to convince mt that leaving was going to improve on what we already had.

It's interesting that you view the remain campaign as being project fear. I thought the remain campaign focused too much on the negatives of leaving, and not the positives of staying. Some of Cameron's claims were fanciful, how that cretin ever made it to Tory leader is amazing, but then the Tories haven't had a good leader since John Major.

I saw the leave campaign as being equally about project fear. The millions of Albanians and Turks, the Europe army and all that jazz was equally about striking fear into the populace.

I know people that voted leave purely on immigration. I also know people who voted leave believing that a trade deal with the EU was a mere formality. Some of those people have changed their minds - mainly due to the fact that the leavers who promised milk and honey are nowhere near the decision making process, and it is obvious we are now at a crossroads - no deal, or no brexit. I can't see any other alternatives. As for a trade deal with America - don't make me laugh. That is not going to be anywhere near as beneficial if it happens.

Farage is busy advising his mates to short the pound.