+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: SOME GOOD NEWS

SOME GOOD NEWS

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44898624

Government borrowing in the April-to-June period fell to its lowest level since 2007, official figures show.

Borrowing for the financial year so far has reached £16.8bn, £5.4bn less than in the same period in 2017, the Office for National Statistics said.

June's borrowing figure fell to £5.4bn, which was down from £6.2bn a year ago but was slightly larger than expected.

Analysts said borrowing was falling faster than predictions had indicated, pointing to a less austere Budget.

Re: SOME GOOD NEWS

I see good news is not going to play with this board

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Only Brexit doom & gloom is allowed I'm afraid. The hardcore remainers want to feel terrified every night before they jump into bed, so don't spoil the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Only Brexit doom & gloom is allowed I'm afraid. The hardcore remainers want to feel terrified every night before they jump into bed, so don't spoil the show.

I guess it’s a concern that all those who advocate leave have not provided any sensible logistical plan except to fire out crap soundbites about taking back control and purporting nonsensical fantasist theories.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    I guess it’s a concern that all those who advocate leave have not provided any sensible logistical plan except to fire out crap soundbites about taking back control and purporting nonsensical fantasist theories.
    But but but what if the EU goes bust and we're still in it? You can't call that a nonsensical fantasist theory now, can you?

Jeepers no one is going bust , it's bloody pathetic,, the goods we buy from Europe in the billions will need to be bought , if not there will be strikes all over Europe and massive pressures placed upon the European parliament by trade unions and businesses around job loss and profit , it goes way ahead of
    petty point scoring of politicians not wanting us to leave .
    And if we had any balls we would start to buying British stuff now , such as local butchers, groceries.

Jeepers no one is going bust , it's bloody pathetic,, the goods we buy from Europe in the billions will need to be bought , if not there will be strikes all over Europe and massive pressures placed upon the European parliament by trade unions and businesses around job loss and profit , it goes way ahead of
    petty point scoring of politicians not wanting us to leave .
    And if we had any balls we would start to buying British stuff now , such as local butchers, groceries.
    Still clinging to this I see.

Wasn't this year supposed to be a significant surplus according to government projections back in 2010. Deficit wiped out by 2015 (now they say 10 years later). I wonder what massive event could have stunted growth and blown us off course?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Still clinging to this I see.
    Well what would you do if your job and profit was effected, you saying nothing will happen ?

Well what would you do if your job and profit was effected, you saying nothing will happen ?
    Which UK industries do you have in mind that will cause this effect?

Are we striking? Businesses have spent the last few years telling the government how they will adapt their internal structures to adapt to a messy Brexit and the UK government hasn't taken much notice. Why would the EU27 buckle under similar pressure when they know a no deal won't be as catastrophic for them as it would be for us.