+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Nine greedy Premier League football clubs hike up season ticket prices.....

Nine greedy Premier League football clubs hike up season ticket prices.....

and one of them is us according to this;-

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...eague-12958809

All I know is that I'm paying exactly the same as I did last season.

Re: Nine greedy Premier League football clubs hike up season ticket prices.....

We've hiked ours by a huge *checks notes* £30 according to the Mirror! The greed, its incredible...

The article is clickbait at its finest, of the 9 clubs who increased the price of their cheapest season tickets, 6 increased them by less than £35, and although that is a not insignificant amount of money, it hardly warrants the headline. Fulham's are up by £50 which is a large increase although the only ones who really warrant the criticism are Wolves, who have increased theirs by £125 and Spurs, who've increased theirs by £100. 5 of the 9 listed are in the bottom 10 for season ticket prices, surely the greedy ones are Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool, Palace, Southampton, Watford, Bournemouth, Man United, Brighton & Wolves who all charge upwards of £500 for their cheapest season tickets

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    and one of them is us according to this;-

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...eague-12958809

All I know is that I'm paying exactly the same as I did last season.
    Don’t think mine has gone up since the war (it seems like that 😂), in fact it’s gone down due to passing 60.

Lazy article. Some Wolves fans saying they are still paying £450

Probably totally ignoring the early bird prices.

Even then, an increase of £30 for Premier League football for new fans is nothing

Mine's only gone up because we are playing less games.

So the average prices has effectively gone up per game but the ticket price for the season is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Don’t think mine has gone up since the war (it seems like that 😂), in fact it’s gone down due to passing 60.
    Spot on

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Spot on
    I'm still paying pre decimal prices.

Anyone get Saturdays 12 pennies football Echo

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I'm still paying pre decimal prices.

Anyone get Saturdays 12 pennies football Echo
    You’re not the full shilling are you? 😜

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Don’t think mine has gone up since the war (it seems like that ��), in fact it’s gone down due to passing 60.
    I know it's incredible . Literally been paying the same amount for years. When I tell people what we get our 3 season tickets for others can't believe it.

Statistics can be read whichever way you wish to interpret them.
    We have just been promoted, so a higher division now reflects Premier league opposition
    Also if anyone took up the early bird offer, a seat in the Ninian was able to be purchased at £299.
    Well under £20 a ticket, which is fantastic value.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Lazy article. Some Wolves fans saying they are still paying £450

Probably totally ignoring the early bird prices.

Even then, an increase of £30 for Premier League football for new fans is nothing
    It’s that kind of apathy from people which means clubs can do what the hell they like.

Quote Originally Posted by fred keenor View Post
    Statistics can be read whichever way you wish to interpret them.
    We have just been promoted, so a higher division now reflects Premier league opposition
    Also if anyone took up the early bird offer, a seat in the Ninian was able to be purchased at £299.
    Well under £20 a ticket, which is fantastic value.
    You've offered more proof that the figures the Daily Mirror used are not valid. However, let's assume they are right for now and we have put our prices up nine per cent then, using the Mirror's figures, the average price for a cheapest season ticket in the Premier League is £518.30. So. at £329, City come in at sixty four per cent of that average, but it seems that, with the Mirror, any price rise is down to pure greed - that's true in some cases, but we can hardly be accused of that. In fact, the bit I disagree with in your post is where you say our prices now reflect Premier League opposition - I don't think they do, far from it.