+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tifo Football - Raumdeuter

Tifo Football - Raumdeuter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZsJo7ZKdjQ

As usual a great vid from Tifo football.

I was familiar with the role due to Football Manager, however after watching this vid I definitely understand what one is.

A player, often under appreciated in terms of build up play, yet bags goals and assist. Plays behind the striker, but doesn't really posess pace, power, or unbelievable dribbling skills. His strengths are his tactical understanding, mentality, composure and being in the right place at the right time...

Who knew we had a Raumdeuter at CCFC?

Callum shitting Paterson.

Re: Tifo Football - Raumdeuter

Good video, but I would hardly say it is a new phenomenon that originated with Muller as this video suggests, these players have been around since man first kicked a ball and we just haven't got a specific phrase like that German word. We have just always called them intelligent players. Matt Le Tissier, Dimitar Berbatov, Teddy Sheringham

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Good video, but I would hardly say it is a new phenomenon that originated with Muller as this video suggests, these players have been around since man first kicked a ball and we just haven't got a specific phrase like that German word. We have just always called them intelligent players. Matt Le Tissier, Dimitar Berbatov, Teddy Sheringham
    Yeah i don't think they're suggesting the style of play originated with Mueller, rather that he coined the term and the popularised that as kind of an official role.

Disagree with Berba n Sheringham, they were out and out strikers. A raumdeuter is an advanced midfielder

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    When I first played football in Germany I translated English football idioms directly into German and realised my mistake when I simply got funny looks. I didn't used the phrase 'square ball' but I did shout out 'on the wing' and 'in the air', which left them rather bemused.

Quote Originally Posted by pgbluebird View Post
    Yeah i don't think they're suggesting the style of play originated with Mueller, rather that he coined the term and the popularised that as kind of an official role.

Disagree with Berba n Sheringham, they were out and out strikers. A raumdeuter is an advanced midfielder
    Ah I thinking more of the play style of the individual than the position on the pitch, but yea I take your point and Paterson would fit that role as described!