+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Can you see any of these signing for us in the next ten days?

Can you see any of these signing for us in the next ten days?

The Snodgrass link has gone quiet, I've always quite liked Ulloa, there are people on my blog who really rate Huggill, I'd go for Patrick Roberts, but I'm pretty sure Neil Warnock won't, Besic looked really good for Boro at times at the back end of last season and Connor Wickham might be worth a punt if he came cheap.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...er-United.html

Heisenberg

Re: Can you see any of these signing for us in the next ten days?

I haven't got a clue about whether Warnock would want them, but here's my two penneth on the players that you've listed:

We've covered the areas that Snodgrass plays - No for me
    Ulloa hasn't played enough in the last 2-3 seasons to know if he's still capable of making a difference - No for me - unless we haven't signed another striker on deadline day and we can get a loan deal until Jan
    Not sure Hugill is any better than what we have (plus, he was a massive d**k in our home game last season and I can be quite childish and bitter) - No for me
    For Patrick Roberts - See Snodgrass
    Besic looked terrible in the televised games towards the end of the season, imo. Gave the ball away far too often and would have pot-shots from 20+yards that ended up in Row Z - looked an incredible prospect a couple of years ago, but it's a no for me
    For Connor Wickham - See Ulloa

Of the other players listed in the article, I'd like to see:

Danny Drinkwater - Not sure it's realistic tbh, but if nobody else picks him up and he's available for loan and Chelsea cover the majority of his wages, he'd be perfect for us as he's used to a similar style of play from his time at Leicester. Before anyone jumps on that comment, I'm not saying we play any where near as well as Leicester did when he was there - I'm just saying that their core basics of win the ball back and get it forward as quickly as possible is what I think we try to do. I think that there are too many differentials for this to be viable, sadly.

James McCarthy - If he can't get back into the Everton team then a loan deal would be excellent for us. He's composed in midfield, has an eye for a pass and doesn't shirk the ugly stuff. Years of Premier League experience may be useful in the changing room too.

That's it. There are some players listed who are likely to be too good for us, but their wages and possible issues with their personalities would rule them out for me.

Can't see any of them signing for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Can't see any of them signing for us.
    Oh well , next list please 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I haven't got a clue about whether Warnock would want them, but here's my two penneth on the players that you've listed:

We've covered the areas that Snodgrass plays - No for me
    Ulloa hasn't played enough in the last 2-3 seasons to know if he's still capable of making a difference - No for me - unless we haven't signed another striker on deadline day and we can get a loan deal until Jan
    Not sure Hugill is any better than what we have (plus, he was a massive d**k in our home game last season and I can be quite childish and bitter) - No for me
    For Patrick Roberts - See Snodgrass
    Besic looked terrible in the televised games towards the end of the season, imo. Gave the ball away far too often and would have pot-shots from 20+yards that ended up in Row Z - looked an incredible prospect a couple of years ago, but it's a no for me
    For Connor Wickham - See Ulloa

Of the other players listed in the article, I'd like to see:

Danny Drinkwater - Not sure it's realistic tbh, but if nobody else picks him up and he's available for loan and Chelsea cover the majority of his wages, he'd be perfect for us as he's used to a similar style of play from his time at Leicester. Before anyone jumps on that comment, I'm not saying we play any where near as well as Leicester did when he was there - I'm just saying that their core basics of win the ball back and get it forward as quickly as possible is what I think we try to do. I think that there are too many differentials for this to be viable, sadly.

James McCarthy - If he can't get back into the Everton team then a loan deal would be excellent for us. He's composed in midfield, has an eye for a pass and doesn't shirk the ugly stuff. Years of Premier League experience may be useful in the changing room too.

That's it. There are some players listed who are likely to be too good for us, but their wages and possible issues with their personalities would rule them out for me.
    Vincent Jansen as an extra striker?

I think you have identified the major issue though: most of these are either in positions we don't need strengthening, are unused because they haven't performed to standard required in the premier league or are a perfect fit and their wages don't fit into our budget.