+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What are the possible explanations for this?

What are the possible explanations for this?

5uv2fzhedob11.jpg

Quite shocked/concerned when I saw this.

Do the youngest in society feel so ignored by politicians that they just hanker for something 'different'? Are they simply tired of the pantomimed nature of British politics?

Re: What are the possible explanations for this?

Look no further than the education system.

Maybe this is where the cult of the individual is leading. In the “West” we’ve had decades of propaganda pushing selfishness and self-obsesssion. This has gone hand-in-hand with the cult of celebrity morphing into the worship of the rich and beautiful who have little talent other than those “qualities” and celebrity itself.

Those born in the 90s or after see themselves as minor celebrities due to their use of social-media and its addictive likes, shares, followers and friends.

Millennials’ ideal leader will be a bit like themselves but a “better” version. Either an uber SJW or a hyper libertarian. Good looking, intelligent and convinced of the superior morality of their politics be they “left” or “right”.

Look at China for a guide to a possible future in the U.K. as the relatively young and very tough and intelligent President Xi has very recently been given a mandate to be Leader for life. This is the most tumultuous time in decades for China and he is going to be severely tested in the months to come. The Chinese, like the Russians and Americans, have put their trust in the “celebrity” leader and we in the U.K. may get one soon.

Jezza or BoJo. Take your pick!

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    Maybe this is where the cult of the individual is leading. In the “West” we’ve had decades of propaganda pushing selfishness and self-obsesssion. This has gone hand-in-hand with the cult of celebrity morphing into the worship of the rich and beautiful who have little talent other than those “qualities” and celebrity itself.

Those born in the 90s or after see themselves as minor celebrities due to their use of social-media and its addictive likes, shares, followers and friends.

Millennials’ ideal leader will be a bit like themselves but a “better” version. Either an uber SJW or a hyper libertarian. Good looking, intelligent and convinced of the superior morality of their politics be they “left” or “right”.

Look at China for a guide to a possible future in the U.K. as the relatively young and very tough and intelligent President Xi has very recently been given a mandate to be Leader for life. This is the most tumultuous time in decades for China and he is going to be severely tested in the months to come. The Chinese, like the Russians and Americans, have put their trust in the “celebrity” leader and we in the U.K. may get one soon.

Jezza or BoJo. Take your pick!
    Not sure you can conclude that those born before the 90s are immune from the "cult of celebrity", but, otherwise, I tend to agree with you.

Here's Charlie Chaplin's return to Britain in 1921.

I wasn’t suggested that the cult of celebrity didn’t exist in the past. I said
    This has gone hand-in-hand with the cult of celebrity morphing into the worship of the rich and beautiful who have little talent other than those “qualities” and celebrity itself
    Charlie Chaplin et al were celebrities because they had talent and maybe good looks too. New billionaire Kylie Jenner has little discernable talent and has become a celebrity because of her generally talentless family, and a billionaire through flogging makeup that mugs buy to “be like her.” Celebrity has changed in a way that Warhol kind of predicted.

Joey Essex proves my point.

New billionaire Kylie Jenner has little discernable talent and has become a celebrity because of her generally talentless family, and a billionaire through flogging makeup that mugs buy to “be like her.” Celebrity has changed in a way that Warhol kind of predicted.
    She does have a few talents ..

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    She does have a few talents ..

Her talents are being rich, famous and smoking hot. Like, hotter than a supernova. I don’t usually wear makeup but she’s convinced me to give it a go.

I think the youth of today haven't got a clue , and nieave to what's gone on before in terms of dictatorship and leaders with too much power pushing thier own agenda without thought of those they destroy, who are usually the weaker parts of society.

I wasn’t suggested that the cult of celebrity didn’t exist in the past. I said

Charlie Chaplin et al were celebrities because they had talent and maybe good looks too. New billionaire Kylie Jenner has little discernable talent and has become a celebrity because of her generally talentless family, and a billionaire through flogging makeup that mugs buy to “be like her.” Celebrity has changed in a way that Warhol kind of predicted.

Joey Essex proves my point.
    I agree with this. Jade Goody (rest in peace) became famous and wish for being stupid and obnoxious.