+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fulham and Wolves

Fulham and Wolves

Have left us so far in their rear view mirror they're wondering if we ever even got onto the same road as them

Re: Fulham and Wolves

One has far more money and the other has (somewhat dodgy) connections allowing them to easily buy top players. What did you expect?

We will see. I'm sure some were saying the same this time last year.

Imagine if Wolves didn't have that dodgy agent working for them. They'd never attract half of these players. They just look like a mish mash of continental players. They'll be hoping they gel quickly, ain't got time to find your feet in the premier league.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they finished bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    One has far more money and the other has (somewhat dodgy) connections allowing them to easily buy top players. What did you expect?
    Didn't expect any less, it's just a bit funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Have left us so far in their rear view mirror they're wondering if we ever even got onto the same road as them
    Absolute belter from my otherwise sensible Wolves friends yesterday - “we’ve got a better squad than Leicester had when they won the league”

They’re expecting top 6

Utter madness spending what they are. When it doesn’t guarantee you success.

There was a wolves fan on Talksport yesterday saying they will be in the top 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    There was a wolves fan on Talksport yesterday saying they will be in the top 4.

They were deluded last season but that's a pisstake!

Buying the Portugal team without Ronaldo is like buying a car without wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post

They were deluded last season but that's a pisstake!
    I swear. Nearly crashed the car when I heard it. He even went on to say he wouldn’t be surprised if they won the league.

Must just be me but haven't heard of half the players these clubs have signed.

Fulham and Wolves have backed their football approach with a lot of money but they can still only put 11 players on the pitch. The problem that they both have is that they are trying to impose their game on a large number of other clubs that also play the same way and have arguably better players again.

The clubs that don't play like they do tend to adopt a Cardiff type approach, and we saw that Wolves struggled against us last year. Fulham were the only team that I thought genuinely outplayed us at CCS last year so they might manage the step up a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    I swear. Nearly crashed the car when I heard it. He even went on to say he wouldn’t be surprised if they won the league.
    Jesus christ. Proper hope they finish bottom.

I see Wolves have accepted a bid from Leeds for Barry Douglas. Surprised they're letting him go after all his goals and assists last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I see Wolves have accepted a bid from Leeds for Barry Douglas. Surprised they're letting him go after all his goals and assists last season.
    Seems they don't want any home grown players.

Seems they don't want any home grown players.
    Competing with Benfica, Porto & Lisbon for the Champions League spot

Because of one person???

I'd take our defence and keeper(s) over Fulham's any day of the week.

Went on the Fulham MB earlier just to see their thoughts ahead of the new season. The signing of Schurrle just lead to comments about Jovanovic's style of play and how Warnock could never attract similar with his hoofball. Nice to see 2 months later they're still not happy. Thought they might have calmed down and gave a bit of respect to what we achieved.

Sadly, them and Wolves are leaving us behind a bit. We really need a marquee signing or 2 in the next couple of weeks. I know we don't have the money they have and it's a free shot at the PL as we didn't expect to be up, but it feels like we're drifting towards the inevitable atm. The signings were promising as they happened so early but we've not really built on it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Because of one person???
    No, not because of one person.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Absolute belter from my otherwise sensible Wolves friends yesterday - “we’ve got a better squad than Leicester had when they won the league”

They’re expecting top 6
    Wouldn't actually disagree with him to be fair. They've got a great squad.

Looks like Traore is on his way to Wolves for £18m.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post

They’re expecting top 6
    How many players did Leicester use that year? I feel like it was the same starting 11 and 3 subs for 90% of the games. I wouldn't disagree that a team who has spent as much as Wolves could have a better squad than Leicester did when they won the season, but there were a number of teams that year who had a better squad and found out that it's how your 11 play on the day rather than how highly ranked your team is on Fifa.

I hope Wolves struggle. Can't say I have ever met a decent Wolves fan* but more than that I can't remember them having a likeable team or manager since we first joined the Championship.

Can we match teams adding World Cup/Euros winners to their squad? We have all heard about Burnley but I went to see Stoke host Bournemouth last year and even though one had several players with Champions League experience and the other did not it was clear that day that Bournemouth were staying up and Stoke were going to struggle. It was also clear that many teams were going to get annoyed about Eddie Howe's team's sh*thousery behaviour as an away side and we can certainly match that.

*I have a friend of a friend wanky wolves fan on facebook who demonstrates the obvious point that all clubs have decent and not decent people following them.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'd take our defence and keeper(s) over Fulham's any day of the week.
    Fulham fans don't seem confident either....

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum...?topic=66576.0

Based on the view of one fan? Looks like he's not the only one to take things out of proportion (although TalkSport actually tell some people to say such things to get more interest, only the really thick take it seriously).