+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: England India First Test

England India First Test

Pitch & weather will be like playing at home for India - and odds on bet365 are 9/4 India win.

Re: England India First Test

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Pitch & weather will be like playing at home for India - and odds on bet365 are 9/4 India win.
    Think it's a good test for us ,on other occasions India have struggled to adapt on our surfaces, these tests give us a truer home test .

The game is being played at Edgbaston and England usually win there, whereas then they go to Lords for the next one, so that'll be a loss. England are consistent at test level in home games to the extent that a wretched performance always follows a very good one and vice versa - with Anderson and Broad's bodies beginning to creak somewhat, I think India have to be favourites to take the series.

and they will have much better spinners.

we will struggle to take 20 wickets

It will not be sub-continental wickets, grass will be left on the wickets and pitches will be watered as much as possible in the lead up to the game, whilst weather is nice at the moment in this country there will always be periods of crowd cover during a test. What we get in this country is humidity which assists swing, rather than dry heat which doesnt.

Then of course you have the Duke ball being used which also swings.

Whilst we may have conditions which may suit the Indians better than on many other tours i don't think they go into this series as heavy favorites, if i was betting i would bet England at this point.

Not sure about them picking Rashid in the squad. Doesn’t send a great a message if you can get picked for the test squad without playing any red ball cricket and a penny for those that may have missed out because of his selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    No such team as England cricket. For good or bad they are the English and Welsh Cricket Team and should be named as such.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    No such team as England cricket. For good or bad they are the English and Welsh Cricket Team and should be named as such.

I think England’s bowling attack is very “samey, samey”.

Are there any real quicks about in the county circuit that are worth considering ?

What’s happened Stuart Meaker (although he’s another S African)