+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Relegation Certainties!

Re: Relegation Certainties!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Why do you bother coming on here?
    Have you seen planet swans? It’s like a mb version if the Jeremy Kyle show whilst it plummets through the leagues, from the main show down to itv4

Hoping we can prove a few wrong this season much like last.
    Our promotion feels that much sweeter when I see articles like this from our poorer cousins down west.
    The club is in a good position and we should take pride in what's been achieved in the last few seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by steve davies View Post
    I agree with your sentiment about us being the weakest squad in the league paul. we need two midfielders and a striker in my opinion to be competitive. I watched the game down torquay and whilst murphy and reid were impressive and will bring extra quality to the side our strikers are not going to cut it in the premier league. we seem to be expecting zohore to come good but his good performances were few and far between in the championship so i expect him to struggle in the premier league. I know people will say torquay was only a friendly and we shouldent read anything into those games but he had plenty of opportunities in that game but it just seems that his brain dosent react quick enough to the situation and ends up being closed down or stifled by a defender.
    We definitely have holes in our squad Steve.
    We need another decent striker and 2 midfielders, probably a right back too.
    However I think Zohore was off the pace for a reason at Torquay and is a couple of weeks behind in his preparation, I’d hope and expect him to get better in the next 2 weeks.

Even with ‘on paper’ the weakest squad, our method of playing means we can create chances and win games on scraps of possession.

This is a strength rather than a weakness. Anyone who suggests our style of play will be our downfall clearly doesn’t watch us.

Whether I will be enough, who knows ? Certainly no one was predicting 90 points last season.
    I think we will surprise some people , but even then it will be a massive achievement to stay up in such s strong league

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    For the record
    Preston finished 7th
    Brizzle finished 11th
    QPR finished 16th
    Norwich finished 14th.

So, Cardiff have signed the best players from a group of mid-table clubs from the division below where Cardiff are about to play. It's looking like a long hard season for you lads and lasses.

What a stupid post.... Where did Mark Hudson come from and how did they do the season before he signed for us? What about NML?

Liverpool have just signed a player from a relegated side and their fans are very happy with the signing, sometimes players are better than the side they are playing in.

I'm sure it will be a hard season, but it will be the same length as normal. With the money we are spending it's really the only option we have and I'm happy with what we've got so far just hope we get a few more in before the season starts!

Quote Originally Posted by speedyblue View Post
    What a stupid post.... Where did Mark Hudson come from and how did they do the season before he signed for us? What about NML?

Liverpool have just signed a player from a relegated side and their fans are very happy with the signing, sometimes players are better than the side they are playing in.

I'm sure it will be a hard season, but it will be the same length as normal. With the money we are spending it's really the only option we have and I'm happy with what we've got so far just hope we get a few more in before the season starts!
    Weren’t boro favourites to go up last season by a mile? None of the promoted clubs came back down either. Not much difference between the bottom 12 is there.

His desperation for us to fail just gets more and more ridiculous.

Where the hell did they hear players come from ?

Maguire
    Vardy
    Ashley Williams
    Deli Ali
    Victor Moses
    Cairney

Could go on and on... but I’m sure you get my point

I just LOVE the way every Fecker is looking down at us from pundits to every other EPL & EFL supporters ....... Last season we were an average club with a very average squad and all the pundits had us down for a mid to below mid table finish !!!!

Neil had faith in the lads and they gave it their all ...... had a massive wobble of 4 defeats in December against poor opposition and everyone thought the wheels had fallen off (myself included).

Sheff Utd 1-1 away was an amazing result - the lads kept on until the bitter end, I remember watching the Utd players taking the ball to the corner flag and shielding it, thinking to myself Please God I would love us to sneak in an equalizer just to piss those pompous F&£ks off ...... BOOOOOOM - Pilkington you absolute Beaut.

Wolves 1-2 home - The result that should never have been, who misses two penalties in a matter of minutes, that game was there for the taking throughout the 90 mins a game we didn't deserve to lose - Gut wrenching.

Villa 0-1 away - The amount of chances we had to win that game was absolutely mental - Johnstone's goalkeeping was world class that game

Derby 3-1 away - Soul destroying for me especially after the "snowgate" incident.

HUll & Norwich away games - unbelievable

surely any other team would have folded under that type of pressure?

The one thing I've learnt about this current City team is THEY NEVER GIVE UP. They have been written off so many times and they've proved everyone wrong.

I believe the players that Neil has brought in are top class and will give the team their all, none proven at Premier League level as of yet but i'm pretty sure they will, worst case scenario - If we do go down we'll have an amazing squad with top championship players on decent championship wages. Unlike our poor cousins down the M4.

So bring on the Premier League - The Club deserves it, the players deserve it, the fans deserve it ....... The City of Cardiff deserve it. So Bollocks to everyone how says we don't deserve to be here.

Write us off at your peril

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    I just LOVE the way every Fecker is looking down at us from pundits to every other EPL & EFL supporters ....... Last season we were an average club with a very average squad and all the pundits had us down for a mid to below mid table finish !!!!

Neil had faith in the lads and they gave it their all ...... had a massive wobble of 4 defeats in December against poor opposition and everyone thought the wheels had fallen off (myself included).

Sheff Utd 1-1 away was an amazing result - the lads kept on until the bitter end, I remember watching the Utd players taking the ball to the corner flag and shielding it, thinking to myself Please God I would love us to sneak in an equalizer just to piss those pompous F&£ks off ...... BOOOOOOM - Pilkington you absolute Beaut.

Wolves 1-2 home - The result that should never have been, who misses two penalties in a matter of minutes, that game was there for the taking throughout the 90 mins a game we didn't deserve to lose - Gut wrenching.

Villa 0-1 away - The amount of chances we had to win that game was absolutely mental - Johnstone's goalkeeping was world class that game

Derby 3-1 away - Soul destroying for me especially after the "snowgate" incident.

HUll & Norwich away games - unbelievable

surely any other team would have folded under that type of pressure?

The one thing I've learnt about this current City team is THEY NEVER GIVE UP. They have been written off so many times and they've proved everyone wrong.

I believe the players that Neil has brought in are top class and will give the team their all, none proven at Premier League level as of yet but i'm pretty sure they will, worst case scenario - If we do go down we'll have an amazing squad with top championship players on decent championship wages. Unlike our poor cousins down the M4.

So bring on the Premier League - The Club deserves it, the players deserve it, the fans deserve it ....... The City of Cardiff deserve it. So Bollocks to everyone how says we don't deserve to be here.

Write us off at your peril

There is no doubt we'll surprise a few and compete in each individual game, as Brighton did early on last season when they gave Man City a difficult game. Still I think we need 3-4 players to have a good chance of staying up and that it's gone a bit quiet on that front suggests it's going to be a tough season overall.

I can't remember ever posting such a comment to you before but if I have then the thought of you even commenting on here must confuse me.
    You don't support Cardiff and you actively criticise us. Now you can see why I asked it.
    He’s addicted to the moronic role he plays in here, and then when multiple people reinforce his dumbness he goes AWOL 😂.

Every now and again he makes an announcement that this is no longer the place for him and he disappears for a few weeks, but he always comes back and quickly leaves his smell unfortunately.

He seems to be deluded that some people think he used to be a good poster once upon a time. He never was

I think looking at out squad we probably have one of the weakest there's ever been. However, football doesn't often end with the 3 worst teams going down.

The worst thing we could do now if change our style as it is the most important thing we have. So many team are looking to replicate what Barcelona are doing however what we do is make the game a clash of styles.

I think we are going to struggle against teams with a good press and if we go a couple of goals down.

I'm. Sure we will be on some hidings and finish games with 12% possession but I'm. Glad we aren't putting all our eggs in 1 basket as you can spend 200m in this league and end up getting relegated.

I can't remember ever posting such a comment to you before but if I have then the thought of you even commenting on here must confuse me.
    You don't support Cardiff and you actively criticise us. Now you can see why I asked it.
    Yes, people on this board struggle with criticism of the club so maybe you are one of many that ask the same question everytime I raise something that is even slightly critical of the football club.

What other players did Cardiff sign in the same window as Hudson signed? Of course, signing players from lower leagues is not a bad move in isolation - but when all the players you signed come from the Championship then you end up with a Championship team.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    His desperation for us to fail just gets more and more ridiculous.

Where the hell did they hear players come from ?

Maguire
    Vardy
    Ashley Williams
    Deli Ali
    Victor Moses
    Cairney

Could go on and on... but I’m sure you get my point
    Like I say, signing the odd player from a lower level is not something I sneer at. But, when all your signings come from that level, it looks to the outsider like you are just taking the money from a one season spell. Not sure I'd be happy supporting a club that is throwing in the towel before the season starts.

Like I say, signing the odd player from a lower level is not something I sneer at. But, when all your signings come from that level, it looks to the outsider like you are just taking the money from a one season spell. Not sure I'd be happy supporting a club that is throwing in the towel before the season starts.
    What a ridiculous post, again,again and add infinitum.

It’s not throwing in a towel t

What other players did Cardiff sign in the same window as Hudson signed? Of course, signing players from lower leagues is not a bad move in isolation - but when all the players you signed come from the Championship then you end up with a Championship team.
    Only if they fail to step up. Plenty of examples of promoted reams from League 1 who thrive in the Championship with pretty much their promotion squads, and a few examples of those same squads (with very few additions) going up again.

Bournemouth got into the Premier League with a squad that had League 1 veterans at its core. But they weren't League 1 players - they were just good players that adapted and improved and became Premier League players.

It's not where they came from, it's will they step up. A lot do - but of course you're fully entitled to your opinion that footballers who played in the Championship can only be successful in that league. It makes you look like an idiot, but everyone should defend your right to be an idiot!

Like I say, signing the odd player from a lower level is not something I sneer at. But, when all your signings come from that level, it looks to the outsider like you are just taking the money from a one season spell. Not sure I'd be happy supportinge a club that is throwing in the towel before the season starts.
    It’s not throwing in a towel though.
    It’s working to a system of bringing in hungry players Warnock knows and rates, who should keep their value.

Why risk a repeat of last time ?

or end up like others who have dropped down to league 1 straight away.

It’s working to a system of bringing in hungry players Warnock knows and rates, who should keep their value.

Just ignore him.

If we spent 100m hed find some way to attack the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Just ignore him.

I think he loves the attention i will not take the bait again

I don't think many on here will be looking for advice on supporting a club from you tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Just ignore him.

If we'd spent £100m he'd be complaining that we didn't trust Championship players to step up

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I don't think many on here will be looking for advice on supporting a club from you tbh.

True, but if I followed your advice I'd still be watching a team in red whilst wearing a scarf that's blue being run by a chairman who is absent for all bar the big games.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    If we'd spent £100m he'd be complaining that we didn't trust Championship players to step up
    Really? Why make things up?

If you'd spent £100m I'd be asking where the money is coming from whilst you'd all be talking about winning the league.

They've gone from one extreme to the other - the end result will be worse this time. Not sure this squad has 25 points in them, let alone the 30 they managed in 2013/14.