+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Relegation Certainties!

Relegation Certainties!

We are according to this article -
    https://www.90min.com/posts/6127543-...m_medium=share

Re: Relegation Certainties!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    We have a different strategy to Wolves who have the advantage of a huge pot of money plus the Mendes connection and Fulham who also have a rich backer and the lure of London.

The writer of the article may turn out to be right, I am pleased with the signings but think we desperately need a right back, at least one central midfielder and a striker but who knows!

I wonder what the writer thought of Burnley's transfer business in the two premier league pre-seasons, seems relatively similar to our strategy. What did he think of them signing a goalkeeper and a midfielder from Charlton who had just been relegated from the championship who have gone on to both perform very well for them with Pope getting into the England world cup squad, or last season bringing in Jack Cork, Charlie Taylor, Jon Walters and Chris Wood.

We've signed players from a lower level with a point to prove, we may well go down but hopefully if we do we'll be in a much better position to come back than the last time.

Ouch what a slating. Over the top - yes imo, but after some promising early signings and contract extensions i am getting worried about the recent lack of activity and lack of premier league experience and quality.

Team spirit and effort will only get you so far in a 38 game season.

Add to that the low key opposition, underwhelming results and imminent start had left me a little concerned about our preparation.

Centre midfield is a big problem..
    Last time it Was Medal.Kimbo and Mutch.
    They got us relegated .The worry is our midfield ain't as good as them

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Ouch what a slating.
    Yes, the only place for that is on the dressing room wall.

When we are outplayed in midfield by Rotherham we have got problems that only new faces can resolve.

The author is a jack who seems to be paid to turn out about a thousand articles a day. One of them yesterday was this ever so witty one about Swansea in which he manages to get another dig in at us

https://www.90min.com/posts/6126611-...gue-relegation

I agree that we are the favourites to go down, but that article is unnecessarily insulting and condecscending

We got where we are on merit and deserve to be in the Premier League

To be fair, I do think we will struggle and be relegated - and the long term seems to be the focus and not the short term, which was our undoing last time.

The clubs current situation is about as Neil Warnock as it could get

Wtf??? I hope he proves everyone wrong, and has a proper shot at it.

Most armchair fans of the top 4-5 prem teams look at him as a failure and don’t acknowledge his incredible record in the football league. Football doesn’t exist outside the prem though does it

Not bothered in the slightest what anyone else thinks. I'm not sure I'm even bothered if we survive this season or not, provided we continue to build the club's infrastructure and relationship to the wider City.

For instance, I'm much more concerned that we don't lose the next Ampadu for bugger all rather than try and compete with money we do not have. So setting up a Tier 1 Academy with some of the money would be far more important to me.

I have never felt so disconnected with the Club as I did when in the Premiership last time. This time feels completely different and I want these players to do well (even if they don't) as they seem to properly represent the Club and its values for me, and we've been on the journey with most of them to get here.

I appreciate for lots of other people it's all about bragging rights but the sums being spent on football already seem obscene to me in an area when many people are struggling to make ends meet. If we spend less money so that VT can give away another £1M or so to local charities, as he did last time in the Prem, then that will have been a successful year to me.

I know that even if we go down again we'll get 100% out of the players under NW. I also know that I'll enjoy every small victory even more this year as they will be so unexpected. Bring it on...

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Centre midfield is a big problem..
    Last time it Was Medal.Kimbo and Mutch.
    They got us relegated .The worry is our midfield ain't as good as them
    Ralls is better than the three of them.
    Gunnerson is okay in the role .

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    To be fair, I do think we will struggle and be relegated - and the long term seems to be the focus and not the short term, which was our undoing last time.
    I agree, although while we start as favourites to go down I am very sure we won't finish 20th.

Heisenberg

I've read some shit articles in my time and that is right up there with the worst of them... and I'm not just talking about football ones. Clearly written by someone who has no idea about the club or Championship football.

I also call bullshit on his claim that Maxime Le Marchand is a "player of top quality, who can without doubt cut it in the toughest league of them all." Without doubt?! A 28 year old with less than 75 league appearances in Ligue 1...

It has to be a wind up.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The author is a jack who seems to be paid to turn out about a thousand articles a day. One of them yesterday was this ever so witty one about Swansea in which he manages to get another dig in at us

Ah that explains a lot, i read the first few lines of your link and saw it for what it was.

I took the article the to be a from a genuine but over zealous reporter not a vindictive, one eyed, jealous troll.

https://twitter.com/BenDavies__

He's a bitter Jack. Should concentrate on stuff closer to home.

"...in the Championship, where the quality of football is a significant drop from the top flight". Not true.
    "but Warnock most definitely lacks the brilliance required to survive the brutality of the top flight." Also untrue, plenty of worse managers have survived in the PL
    "Players like John Stones and Toby Alderweireld will eat anyone who isn't quite up to scratch alive. They're more than just defenders, they're footballers. Warnock doesn't drill that in. "You defend, you give the ball to the striker, and you score goals. Those are your jobs. I don't care how you do it, I just want it done," - it's a small minded mentality." Firstly, we aren't playing Manchester City & Tottenham Hotspur every week and secondly, some would argue writing an incredibly biased and bitter article about your nearest rivals is very small minded
    "This could well have been the worst transfer window of any team in Premier League history." :Hehe:
    "When you couple Warnock's obviously inept tactical ability compared to the rest of the Premier League". So the Manager of the Season, who took an unfancied group of shite to promotion is inept tactically?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I've read some shit articles in my time and that is right up there with the worst of them... and I'm not just talking about football ones. Clearly written by someone who has no idea about the club or Championship football.

I also call bullshit on his claim that Maxime Le Marchand is a "player of top quality, who can without doubt cut it in the toughest league of them all." Without doubt?! A 28 year old with less than 75 league appearances in Ligue 1...

It has to be a wind up.
    If the article writer contacts you after your daming retort simply say ""Say My Name"

Thanks TOBW. I thought the article was vicious but this explains a lot!

We lost to Shrewsbury last season in a pre season friendly. Relax

Heisenberg

That's hilarious.

From that "article"
    If you're a Cardiff fan reading this, don't fool yourselves,(1) you play awful football, (2) have bought Championship quality players this summer, and (3) you have the king of the second tier Neil Warnock as your manager. Stevie Wonder can see where you're all going next term.
    (1) Swansea were worse to watch than any other team in the Premier League last season (Pardew's West Brom aside... possibly).
    (2) Swansea sold Sigurdsson, Llorente and Cork and replaced them with Clucas, Roque Mesa, Bony and Andre Ayew (with the prolific Renato Sanches and Tammy Abraham on loan). What a summer window that turned out to be!
    (3) Swansea's managers last season have had a grand total of... f**k all success in the Championship (both were sacked by Championship clubs directly before taking over the Jacks). So, It's probably better to have "the king" at the helm of your club.

I'm starting to like this Ben Davies guy.

We were promotion certainties this time last year............weren’t we?........we were..........oh no we weren’t, we were mid table ‘going nowhere’ candidates, that went topsy turvy for the purists & experts. Haven’t met one City fan since promotion who’d be broken hearted if we only lasted one season, it’s a free hit 👍

If he gets paid for that I want a job there. I can turn out as much s**t as him any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Not bothered in the slightest what anyone else thinks. I'm not sure I'm even bothered if we survive this season or not, provided we continue to build the club's infrastructure and relationship to the wider City.

For instance, I'm much more concerned that we don't lose the next Ampadu for bugger all rather than try and compete with money we do not have. So setting up a Tier 1 Academy with some of the money would be far more important to me.

I have never felt so disconnected with the Club as I did when in the Premiership last time. This time feels completely different and I want these players to do well (even if they don't) as they seem to properly represent the Club and its values for me, and we've been on the journey with most of them to get here.

I appreciate for lots of other people it's all about bragging rights but the sums being spent on football already seem obscene to me in an area when many people are struggling to make ends meet. If we spend less money so that VT can give away another £1M or so to local charities, as he did last time in the Prem, then that will have been a successful year to me.

I know that even if we go down again we'll get 100% out of the players under NW. I also know that I'll enjoy every small victory even more this year as they will be so unexpected. Bring it on...
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post

Just about how i feel