+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Relegation Certainties!

Re: Relegation Certainties!

Spot on.

I don’t think it’s just jacks that think that.

But I’m all for it. I think all the comments about our style rallied us last season. People discounting us next season I think will help too. Well need a bit more than just team spirit to keep us up but every little jibe I’m sure helps.

Immature writing from a journalist allowing his petty jealousy over the success of his local rivals to cloud his professional judgment.

There is no doubt we need some quality at right back, centre mid and up top but one thing’s for sure we won’t go down with a whimper like some, nor will we be spunking £6m on loan fees and wages on a fancy dan from the Bundesliga whose most notable contribution was passing to the advertising boards.

Love that. So 17 wins is the target Neil.
    You can do it. Safe by March.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I want these players to do well (even if they don't) as they seem to properly represent the Club and its values...
    What values are those, dare I ask?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    If I'd realised you were going to comment on this post I'd have been more precise

I should have said they represent the values I have come to associate with the Club over the years I have followed them:

- Probably not quite good enough but willing to try and prove people wrong
    - Fighters
    - An apparent fondness for the Club and the area which seems to be more than just the usual 'footballer passing through'

Basically I feel a connection with this team as its character reminds me of the early Cardiff teams I grew up watching

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    https://twitter.com/BenDavies__

He's a bitter Jack. Should concentrate on stuff closer to home.
    That lad is s total bellend.
    Absolutely hates us.

Glad that was pointed out early.
    Saved me wasting my time reading his shite

He may be a jack and he may be wrong, but he makes some good points. It seems very much like NW is relying on himself to keep us up.

May well be Warnock's swansong (no pun intended)

His last big gig keeping you lot up. Maybe. Look at Burnley who finished 7th last year

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Ralls is better than the three of them.
    Gunnerson is okay in the role .
    And Kimbo was cack

I have no doubt we have a squad that's too weak, haven't recruited as well as our peers nor do we look impressive at the moment (thought it is pre season) and our heavy favourite status to come back down, is without a doubt correct. However, the ****ing snobbery from the majority of fans in the premier league is borderline cringeworthy, living in a world where they think the majority of football teams nationally and internationally play some sort of liquid football, free flowing with rabona induced goals every other attack. Hope we stay up just we can laugh in the face of these dickheads. Long live the likes of us, Huddersfield and Burnley gate crashing this plastic league. I really would love us to go around and just live up to the on pitch thug status that everyone seems to believe we have, and for the likes of Gunnar, Bamba and Morrison to go around kicking lumps out of this league.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Difficult to say. Something more than you waiting in the wings for it to go tits up. You sound one bitter man.
    We can all make tits of ourselves here through drink. You do it out of being a prick with nothing else to do.
    Being a cynic is one thing, being a sad case looking back on SH and hooliganism through designer wear glasses is another.

Not bothered in the slightest what anyone else thinks. I'm not sure I'm even bothered if we survive this season or not, provided we continue to build the club's infrastructure and relationship to the wider City.

For instance, I'm much more concerned that we don't lose the next Ampadu for bugger all rather than try and compete with money we do not have. So setting up a Tier 1 Academy with some of the money would be far more important to me.

I have never felt so disconnected with the Club as I did when in the Premiership last time. This time feels completely different and I want these players to do well (even if they don't) as they seem to properly represent the Club and its values for me, and we've been on the journey with most of them to get here.

I appreciate for lots of other people it's all about bragging rights but the sums being spent on football already seem obscene to me in an area when many people are struggling to make ends meet. If we spend less money so that VT can give away another £1M or so to local charities, as he did last time in the Prem, then that will have been a successful year to me.

I know that even if we go down again we'll get 100% out of the players under NW. I also know that I'll enjoy every small victory even more this year as they will be so unexpected. Bring it on...

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    And Kimbo was cack
    And Mutch wasn't Much

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    I have no doubt we have a squad that's too weak, haven't recruited as well as our peers nor do we look impressive at the moment (thought it is pre season) and our heavy favourite status to come back down, is without a doubt correct. However, the ****ing snobbery from the majority of fans in the premier league is borderline cringeworthy, living in a world where they think the majority of football teams nationally and internationally play some sort of liquid football, free flowing with rabona induced goals every other attack. Hope we stay up just we can laugh in the face of these dickheads. Long live the likes of us, Huddersfield and Burnley gate crashing this plastic league. I really would love us to go around and just live up to the on pitch thug status that everyone seems to believe we have, and for the likes of Gunnar, Bamba and Morrison to go around kicking lumps out of this league.
    I want this league go remember us ,on an off the field , let's bring some old fashioned charecter and edge back to the game all aka Ninian Park days.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He may be a jack and he may be wrong, but he makes some good points. It seems very much like NW is relying on himself to keep us up.
    We've signed Preston's best player, Bristol City's best player, QPR's best player and Norwich's second best player. I'd rather us sign hungry players from the Champ than piss money up the wall by making the same mistakes we made last time. Let's be honest, if we signed big time charlies, we'd lose the dressing room and then we'd really be in trouble.

For example, Schurrle might be good but he's scored 3 goals in 2 seasons, and his best position is off the left where Sessegnon plays. A lot of people who watch Ligue 1 saying Moutinho's legs have gone. The Prem was absolutely horrible last season, there were the top 6 and that's your lot. Burnley didn't win a game for 3 months between 12th December and 3rd March and they still finished 7th. We've only got to be better than 3 sides, although I will admit to panicking if we don't get a good striker and CM in.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    I don't really want us doing that. There was a misconception last season that we were promoted on the back of thuggish play. By bitter teams we beat or who finished behind us.

I'd be quite happy though if we stay up and the 3 teams relegated spend the whole season whining about our style of play.

I see that all the new found optimism from the end of last season has now gone heavily down the pan in this thread, from the usual suspects of course. If you cant be optimistic now, when can you ?. We will finish above the bottom three and the players we have bought will all adapt well to the Prem. Some people just cant wait for failure to justify their attitude over the last four years.

If I'd realised you were going to comment on this post I'd have been more precise

I should have said they represent the values I have come to associate with the Club over the years I have followed them:

- Probably not quite good enough but willing to try and prove people wrong
    - Fighters
    - An apparent fondness for the Club and the area which seems to be more than just the usual 'footballer passing through'

Basically I feel a connection with this team as its character reminds me of the early Cardiff teams I grew up watching
    Amazing that some are still bitter and twisted after the wrongs have been put right, but that’s life.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    And Mutch wasn't Much
    Medel won no medals

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I see that all the new found optimism from the end of last season has now gone heavily down the pan in this thread, from the usual suspects of course. If you cant be optimistic now, when can you ?. We will finish above the bottom three and the players we have bought will all adapt well to the Prem. Some people just cant wait for failure to justify their attitude over the last four years.
    Funny, I thought this was a fairly positive thread with much of the criticism it contains being of the constructive variety - for example, concluding that, as things stand, our central midfield may be weaker than last season because we've lost three from it and gained none seems pretty reasonable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Mmmm. That's a bit harsh. While crediting Warnock, the club and the players for doing wonderfully well and defying the odds last season it's no crime to look at the situation objectively and come to the conclusion of most neutrals, including the bookies, that it is likely that we will be relegated . For my part, I hope that we will do well and survive against the odds next season but I am highly encouraged about the way things are going even if we get relegated. We are playing in blue and in with a shout of the play-offs in the 2019-2020 season if the worst comes to the worst. A few seasons ago I would have bitten anyone's hand off for that.

The only thing worse than those overreacting and claiming we'll end the season on 5 points is those who refuse to listen to any concerns by saying "look where we were 18 months ago!!"

I think the sensible middle ground is that our summer transfer business so far has been ok at best. It started well with some decent acquisitions and I think everyone thought a fair bit of PL experience would be coming in to back it up. There's still time but it's starting to look like Warnock was being honest in saying 1 or 2 more, which is disappointing. I don't want us to break the bank but there needs to be a bit of ambition to stay in the league at the same time. As it stands there is barely any PL experience in the team, 1 season from AG, a couple of seasons from Hoilett, a few games from Bennett.

That Roath Boy on twitter claimed Warnock's transfer business so far had been 'great', which I found way over the top. Bobby Reid and Murphy hopefully turn out ok, but we've signed a back up/competition for LB and GK.

Etheridge

Manga
    Bamba
    Morrison
    Bennett

Ralls
    Grujic
    Patterson

NML
    Hoilett
    Zohore

v

Etheridge

Any one of 3 RB's could start
    Bamba
    Morrison
    Bennett

Ralls
    Gunnarsson
    Reid

Murphy
    Hoilett
    Zohore

We've improved the XI marginally for a huge step up to the PL if you look at it objectively. I hope a RB, CM and CF come in, all with PL experience because that will be vital if we are to survive. We're fortunate to be up there considering our budget last year but lets give ourselves a decent shot of staying there.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I don't really want us doing that. There was a misconception last season that we were promoted on the back of thuggish play. By bitter teams we beat or who finished behind us.

I'd be quite happy though if we stay up and the 3 teams relegated spend the whole season whining about our style of play.
    I'm long past ever caring what people think of the club, but for myself, it would appear that no matter how attractively we play, as long as Warnock is in charge, we wouldn't get the credit anyway. So lets live up to it, within the parameters of the game and rough them all up, big time.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    The only thing worse than those overreacting and claiming we'll end the season on 5 points is those who refuse to listen to any concerns by saying "look where we were 18 months ago!!"

I think the sensible middle ground is that our summer transfer business so far has been ok at best. It started well with some decent acquisitions and I think everyone thought a fair bit of PL experience would be coming in to back it up. There's still time but it's starting to look like Warnock was being honest in saying 1 or 2 more, which is disappointing. I don't want us to break the bank but there needs to be a bit of ambition to stay in the league at the same time. As it stands there is barely any PL experience in the team, 1 season from AG, a couple of seasons from Hoilett, a few games from Bennett.

That Roath Boy on twitter claimed Warnock's transfer business so far had been 'great', which I found way over the top. Bobby Reid and Murphy hopefully turn out ok, but we've signed a back up/competition for LB and GK.

Etheridge

Manga
    Bamba
    Morrison
    Bennett

Ralls
    Grujic
    Patterson

NML
    Hoilett
    Zohore

v

Etheridge

Any one of 3 RB's could start
    Bamba
    Morrison
    Bennett

Ralls
    Gunnarsson
    Reid

Murphy
    Hoilett
    Zohore

We've improved the XI marginally for a huge step up to the PL if you look at it objectively. I hope a RB, CM and CF come in, all with PL experience because that will be vital if we are to survive. We're fortunate to be up there considering our budget last year but lets give ourselves a decent shot of staying there.
    Smithies

Richards
    Bamba
    Morrison
    Cunningham
    Bennett

Gunnar
    Ralls
    Gruijc

Hoilett
    Reid