+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Keep shaking that magic money tree boss

Keep shaking that magic money tree boss

This time to the tune of £500 million.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...-early-justice

I await the “my friend works for the probation service and he/she said everything is wonderful” reply.

Re: Keep shaking that magic money tree boss

"Lessons that need to be learned"

Now where have I heard that one before

Doesn't appear to be covered widely in the printed press

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Doesn't appear to be covered widely in the printed press
    I'm surprised to hear that!

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    This time to the tune of £500 million.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...-early-justice

I await the “my friend works for the probation service and he/she said everything is wonderful” reply.
    I worked for Probation for two years and privatising a significant part of it was an utter farce. People unsupervised for months on end, probation officers with ridiculous workloads and appalling incidents occurrring due to lack of supervision.

Chris Grayling is to government what Frank Spencer is to interior decorating.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    I worked for Probation for two years and privatising a significant part of it was an utter farce. People unsupervised for months on end, probation officers with ridiculous workloads and appalling incidents occurrring due to lack of supervision.

Don’t believe you! The usual suspects will be along any moment to prove you wrong.

I’m happy to respond to those who want to prove me wrong 😂

Which actual government started the move , as these thing don't start overnight , they do come via very long term planning stages go before countless budget responsibility committees, with a white paper then produced usually ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Which actual government started the move , as these thing don't start overnight , they do come via very long term planning stages go before countless budget responsibility committees, with a white paper then produced usually ?

As far as I know The ConDem coalition brought this in marshalled by that completey inadequate incompetent idiot Grayling who badly managed it, like everything else he’s done.

Unless you know different?

As far as I know The ConDem coalition brought this in marshalled by that completey inadequate incompetent idiot Grayling who badly managed it, like everything else he’s done.

Unless you know different?
    I seem to remember outsourcing began in the 90 's to deal with early release prisoners to alleviate pressure on overburdened probation officers.

Guess saving on prison populations cost and count seemed a jolly good idea at the time .

Sometimes when these solutions are written up early doors they save in the short term, but haunt us in the long term .

I seem to remember outsourcing began in the 90 's to deal with early release prisoners to alleviate pressure on overburdened probation officers.

Guess saving on prison populations cost and count seemed a jolly good idea at the time .

Sometimes when these solutions are written up early doors they save in the short term, but haunt us in the long term .
    Everybody wants to get their hands on public money, especially friends and family.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Everybody wants to get their hands on public money, especially friends and family.
    Including those in the public sector.

It's all about value for the buck.

Nah mate, this is is wholly the fault of that shambles enacted by Chris Grayling. I’d hold Labour responsible if I thought it was the case with outsourcing but it wasn’t them. Probation used to be a local authority thing before Grayling led these reforms, selling these contracts to companies who were clearly far from fit for service and the results as I witnessed were an utter ****ing shambles.

Grayling is beyond incompetent, it really is in the instance all his fault.

He's still a cabinet minister, so he must have some talents!

Nah mate, this is is wholly the fault of that shambles enacted by Chris Grayling. I’d hold Labour responsible if I thought it was the case with outsourcing but it wasn’t them. Probation used to be a local authority thing before Grayling led these reforms, selling these contracts to companies who were clearly far from fit for service and the results as I witnessed were an utter ****ing shambles.

It's a depressing name as well Grayling,there is no joy in it its like a Hitchock movie, argh there's a grayling, lets flee