+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: BOXING TONIGHT

BOXING TONIGHT

Re: BOXING TONIGHT

Love Boxing but Hearn and Sky are ruining it.

PPV for Whyte v Parker.!!!! FFS The fact that these 2 are top 10 show how garbage the Heavyweight Division is.

Looking forward to Groves v Smith though.

Buatsi looks a real talent. Benn needs to be carefully managed (which he will by Hearn). He had a tough fight with this guy last time and looks vulnerable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Love Boxing but Hearn and Sky are ruining it.

PPV for Whyte v Parker.!!!! FFS The fact that these 2 are top 10 show how garbage the Heavyweight Division is.

Looking forward to Groves v Smith though.

Buatsi looks a real talent. Benn needs to be carefully managed (which he will by Hearn). He had a tough fight with this guy last time and looks vulnerable to me.

I cant get my head around the hype about whyte. if his entourage had not invaded the ring at the end of the first round in his fight with joshua he would have been knocked out quite quickly in the second round as he was virtually out on his feet at the end of the first.
    the chisora fight could have gone the other way helenus was a poor fighter who still managed to rock whyte but was content to go the distance. the last fight was against an overweight bum who should never have passed a medical to be in the ring. I might be wrong but i believe he will get found out tonight

Not worth £20 on Box office

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    Not worth £20 on Box office
    no its not

Can't see many getting this ppv. Ppv used to be for the real superfights I mean it'd not for a world title neither have big followings and it's not even a massive regional fight.

I like Whyte he's a decent fighter so will be good to see how he goes against Parker. I think it will go to points and then I'd probably think Parker would take it

Can someone tell me when the heavyweight boxing scene was so much more glamorous. It''s all I seem to hear?

Not an awful undercard but never should be ppv.

Quote Originally Posted by steve davies View Post
    I cant get my head around the hype about whyte. if his entourage had not invaded the ring at the end of the first round in his fight with joshua he would have been knocked out quite quickly in the second round as he was virtually out on his feet at the end of the first.
    the chisora fight could have gone the other way helenus was a poor fighter who still managed to rock whyte but was content to go the distance. the last fight was against an overweight bum who should never have passed a medical to be in the ring. I might be wrong but i believe he will get found out tonight
    I don't think you'll be wrong.

early fights started lads for you with subs

Chisora. Boom

What a finish.

Re: Chisora. Boom

Excellent fight

yes great scrap

any boxing links?

im djing and theres a speaker in front ofthe screen

turned out a great night of boxing

Quote Originally Posted by C1C9F2C7 View Post
    turned out a great night of boxing
    That was a good card. Chisora and Takam was brutal, didn't see that coming, and that shot by White on Parker in the 9th would have put anyone to sleep, oh for one more round!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    What a finish.
    Was a great fight, can't believe the workrate of Takam, he was well ahead in my opinion, only downside is that fake Bellew making it about him.

Great night of boxing but some serious low blows from Whyte consistently. Wasn't pleased with the way he conducted himself. Fair play to Parker for hanging on in there for that long, takes a proper pro to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Great night of boxing but some serious low blows from Whyte consistently. Wasn't pleased with the way he conducted himself. Fair play to Parker for hanging on in there for that long, takes a proper pro to do that.
    Parker kept backing up on the jab, I wish he had committed himself more, neither boxer seemed to have a defence. That hook in the 9th was no joke though, Parker recovered well.

Some good scraps tonight.
    PPV worthy before hand? No but in hindsight, it was probably worth it.

averaging about £3.20 a fight

not worth it?

then youre just in it for the main event

go to the pub

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Can't see many getting this ppv. Ppv used to be for the real superfights I mean it'd not for a world title neither have big followings and it's not even a massive regional fight.

I like Whyte he's a decent fighter so will be good to see how he goes against Parker. I think it will go to points and then I'd probably think Parker would take it

Can someone tell me when the heavyweight boxing scene was so much more glamorous. It''s all I seem to hear?
    Probably from the introduction of Queensbury rules right up to Lennox Lewis retirement.

The main issue is the demise of American Heavyweights.