+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gary Madine

Gary Madine

Outside the ground today Gary noticed my 7 year old was cold and gave him his adidas ccfc jacket.

I know they earn a lot, but he didnt have to go to the effort, and I thought it was a fantastic and thoughtful gesture on his part. He hasnt taken it off and is sleeping in it tonight.

Gary, if you ever read this Thank You mate that was awesome

Re: Gary Madine

Quote Originally Posted by alipops View Post
    Outside the ground today Gary noticed my 7 year old was cold and gave him his adidas ccfc jacket.

I know they earn a lot, but he didnt have to go to the effort, and I thought it was a fantastic and thoughtful gesture on his part. He hasnt taken it off and is sleeping in it tonight.

Being thoughtful is a wonderful quality in people. Well done, Mr Madine.

It's great when players show their humanity by small but thoughtful gestures. I traveled back from a Fulham game to Paddington a few years ago with a father and his young son where Pilkington had given the lad his boots after the game. You would have needed a chisel to get them out of his hands! Nice gesture from Madine.

I was the dad with the two girls and was stood next to your lad when it happened. Thought it was a wonderful touch by Gary. Have mentioned it to everyone I’ve seen since getting home or messaged about the game on Whatsapp. I’ve been saying I bet the lad keeps the jacket and memory for life.

To be fair all the City players were were great with the kids as they came out to the bus. Made sure all got a pic, autograph or both. My kids were buzzing afterwards. As were two mates who stood back waiting for us and watched it all. Both said how good all the players were with the kids.

Topped off a great afternoon.
    Last edited by Taffster; 28-07-18 at 21:33. Reason: Spelin

Quote Originally Posted by Taffster View Post
    I was the dad with the two girls and was stood next to your lad when it happened. Thought it was a wonderful touch by Gary. Have mentioned it to everyone I’ve seen since getting home or messaged about the game on Whatsapp. I’ve been saying I bet the lad keeps the jacket and memory for life.

To be fair all the City players were were great with the kids as they came out to the bus. Made sure all got a pic, autograph or both. My kids were buzzing afterwards. As were two mates who stood back waiting for us and watched it all. Both said how good all the players were with the kids.

Topped off a great afternoon.
    It is going along to have a great feeling in the club united

Next time take appropriate clothing with you, its a good thing you weren't in the Himalayas!

Went into my back garden this afternoon to get the washing off the line, and saw some tall black haired bloke jumping over the fence with my beloved Adidas CCFC coat, while shouting **** off in a North East accent-Cheeky Bastard.
    Tuerto-Burton on Trent.

👍👍👍

That’s fantastic.
    Well done to Madine

And what a memory for your lad .

👍

We got Gary Madine.
    We got Gary Madine .
    We got Gary Madine.

To the sounds of Hawkwinds Silver Machine ( not my idea ,but a great tune )

Isn't that great!

I love hearing stories like this, well done to you Gary Madine!

I've been critical of him on here, but that's a great gesture - well done to him.

Fair do's Gary - nice gesture