+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bournemouth

Bournemouth

Has it sold out ? I went into the ticket office last wednesday and the bird in there said it should be sold out by friday. Club going to announce a new criteria tomorrow as they've been very quiet on it? Surely we don't have 1200 fans who went to 7 aways last season.

Re: Bournemouth

Handful left as of Friday apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Handful left as of Friday apparently.
    What is the second stage? 6 aways, 5?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    What is the second stage? 6 aways, 5?
    Not sure, dont think theyve said. Looking at a single figure number of tickets though, so not sure it will actually drop.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Not sure, dont think theyve said. Looking at a single figure number of tickets though, so not sure it will actually drop.
    We were told at the SLO/ Travel Club meeting that it was extremely unlikely to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    We were told at the SLO/ Travel Club meeting that it was extremely unlikely to drop.
    Officially sold out.

https://twitter.com/GroupBluebirds/s...67055131516928

I can't understand why they can say that Tim. I have it from a good source that there were not 1211 fans that did 7 aways, rough figure I was given was around 1100. Bearing in mind some folk that did 7 aways may be on their holidays and therefore will not go/buy tickets, I would hazard a guess there would be apprx 150 left over for a new category/criteria. To say they are not going to lower the criteria for the surplus is cause for concern. If I had only done 6 aways and knew that there would be a suplus after the first criteria had had their chance. I would be extremely pissed off.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    I can't understand why they can say that Tim. I have it from a good source that there were not 1211 fans that did 7 aways, rough figure I was given was around 1100. Bearing in mind some folk that did 7 aways may be on their holidays and therefore will not go/buy tickets, I would hazard a guess there would be apprx 150 left over for a new category/criteria. To say they are not going to lower the criteria for the surplus is cause for concern. If I had only done 6 aways and knew that there would be a suplus after the first criteria had had their chance. I would be extremely pissed off.
    Spedger
    1211 would've included the quota of complimentary tickets for the players.

There were literally a handful of tickets left in the restricted view areas at close of play Friday. Presumably the last few trickled out over the weekend.

Club have been pretty robust and refused tickets both in person to people who didn't qualify and also rejected applications from supporters groups, who didn't meet the criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Spedger
    Problem is Spedger that there would have been several hundred more who did 6, so how do they decide out of those ?There’s also sponsors and players families to deal with.

Maybe Bournemouth should be told they need to expand their ground or give a minimum of 2000 to away sides ?

It’s tough that we’ve got them first off, but we’ve got plenty for the rest of the games, starting with Huddersfield.

Doesn’t seem to be such a clamour for those.

If you think about it though, it’ll be the ones that do Huddersfield who get the first crack st tickets after the first 5 games are done, so the opportunity is there for others to get on board after Bournemouth.

If anyone is only interested in the Bournemouth game, but not Huddersfield then do they really deserve to get one over other fans ?

Problem is Spedger that there would have been several hundred more who did 6, so how do they decide out of those ?There’s also sponsors and players families to deal with.

Maybe Bournemouth should be told they need to expand their ground or give a minimum of 2000 to away sides ?

It’s tough that we’ve got them first off, but we’ve got plenty for the rest of the games, starting with Huddersfield.

Doesn’t seem to be such a clamour for those.

If you think about it though, it’ll be the ones that do Huddersfield who get the first crack st tickets after the first 5 games are done, so the opportunity is there for others to get on board after Bournemouth.

If anyone is only interested in the Bournemouth game, but not Huddersfield then do they really deserve to get one over other fans ?
    I hear what your saying Tim. It just seems strange they stated a criteria of 7 with no deadline for purchasing and then state 'Sold out; Can we assume that some fans who did 7 have missed out. On to the Huddersfield game. Any news on when tickets are going on sale. I know they have set a criteria, but as yet there has been no news on dates of sale.
    Spedger

Good job we had Bournemouth first, imagine if it had been, say, the 10 th game of the season. There’d have been plenty, well over 1100 who’d did all the previous 9, would the club have had to go back to last season then half way through this coming season. Headache for travel organisers that it’s out of the way from the kick off.

First Bournemouth:-- Cardiff fans only have themselves to blame for this fiasco (as I stated before). Bournemouth's away stand holds between 1500 to 2000, BUT we have been punished 10% for not sitting down in the correct seats, then a further 10% for going in the disabled area and not moving when asked.

As Tim has stated, "It was never going to drop".

There was 1 ticket left at noon on Saturday and the ticket office would not sell it to me, as I only had the name and number of someone who had been to 6 games.

Huddersfield:---- No news yet, apart from what's already out there, which is a 4 away game criteria.

PS:------ ARSENAL, is NO-WHERE near sold out

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    First Bournemouth:-- Cardiff fans only have themselves to blame for this fiasco (as I stated before). Bournemouth's away stand holds between 1500 to 2000, BUT we have been punished 10% for not sitting down in the correct seats, then a further 10% for going in the disabled area and not moving when asked.

There was 1 ticket left at noon on Saturday and the ticket office would not sell it to me, as I only had the name and number of someone who had been to 6 games.

Huddersfield:---- No news yet, apart from what's already out there, which is a 4 away game criteria.

Why is it a fiasco?

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    Why is it a fiasco?
    For those of you who are not up to reading six letter words yet, swap MESS for fiasco

HAPPY NOW

I was under the impression the 1200 is all they have to give anyone.

10% of capacity.

Last season it was 1325 looking at what other clubs were given.
    This was for virtually every game .

I was under the impression the 1200 is all they have to give anyone.

10% of capacity.

Last season it was 1325 looking at what other clubs were given.
    This was for virtually every game .
    Quite so Tim, quite so.

All sides visiting Bournemouth are punished 10%, can't you remember the meeting ????
    We were punished further, because of the invasion of fans into the disabled area. !!!!

Look it up in the fans guide, 1500 to 2000.

For those of you who are not up to reading six letter words yet, swap MESS for fiasco

HAPPY NOW
    its not ideal but we are limited by the size of the ground. I dont qualify and I'm disappointed but I don't think its a mess or a fiasco, however large you type.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    its not ideal but we are limited by the size of the ground. I dont qualify and I'm disappointed but I don't think its a mess or a fiasco, however large you type.
    It's a mess, because we could have had more tickets, if it was not for the behaviour of some City fans, comprende, my Mexican friend

Quite so Tim, quite so.

All sides visiting Bournemouth are punished 10%, can't you remember the meeting ????
    We were punished further, because of the invasion of fans into the disabled area. !!!!

Look it up in the fans guide, 1500 to 2000.
    I was at the meeting Tony yes. And yes the club were saying that we need to try to sit in the correct seats or risk having allocations cut.
    There was also something about people going in the disabled area, which they said might affect it.

However it doesn’t change the fact that every club had 1325 tickets there last year for Premiership games.

Not 1500 and not 2000

We may have had ours cut by around 10% - hence being 1211 instead of 1325 , but that’s it.

We’ll only know for sure after the next side to go there has their allocation set- Everton

I was at the meeting Tony yes. And yes the club were saying that we need to try to sit in the correct seats or risk having allocations cut.
    There was also something about people going in the disabled area, which they said might affect it.

However it doesn’t change the fact that every club had 1325 tickets there last year for Premiership games.

Not 1500 and not 2000

We may have had ours cut by around 10% - hence being 1211 instead of 1325 , but that’s it.

We’ll only know for sure after the next side to go there has their allocation set- Everton
    Take it you had the day off, when they did maths at school

1500, minus 10% = 1350 which is what you say they gave out last season (everyone gets punished for standing)

1350, minus 10% = 1215 which is close to what we are getting

lesson over

Take it you had the day off, when they did maths at school

1500, minus 10% = 1350 which is what you say they gave out last season (everyone gets punished for standing)

1350, minus 10% = 1215 which is close to what we are getting

lesson over
    No, I had grade A in maths and advanced maths then straight firsts in every one of my accounting exams. So no problem with the figures.

However I was not aware that EVERYONE had had 10 % taken off their allocations, especially as I find it hard to believe, if this is the case then surely every other club at every other ground will be doing the same to every other visitor? Or is it only Bournemouth that enforce this ?

Does that mean that the Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs games will only have 2700 allocations and also only give the same to everyone else ?

There’s a bit of evidence here to show that Bournemouth reduced allocations last year due to changes in stadium layout.. ( accessibility stadia work), rather than due to standing for all clubs.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/tic...ticket-details

Also see here explaining why they had to lose seats to comply with new disabled access requirements- this will apply to ALL visiting clubs

http://www.espn.com/soccer/story/304...s-requirements

If you look at the plan it seems seats have been taken out of block 124 in the corner for this improved access.

Looks like 1500 figure is now out of date.

As I mentioned earlier, thank God Bournemouth is out of the way early. Couldn’t bear this messageboard if we were playing them in April when chasing the title, chance of death threats😱😱😱

No, I had grade A in maths and advanced maths then straight firsts in every one of my accounting exams. So no problem with the figures.

However I was not aware that EVERYONE had had 10 % taken off their allocations, especially as I find it hard to believe, if this is the case then surely every other club at every other ground will be doing the same to every other visitor? Or is it only Bournemouth that enforce this ?

Does that mean that the Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs games will only have 2700 allocations and also only give the same to everyone else ?

There’s a bit of evidence here to show that Bournemouth reduced allocations last year due to changes in stadium layout.. ( accessibility stadia work), rather than due to standing for all clubs.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/tic...ticket-details

Also see here explaining why they had to lose seats to comply with new disabled access requirements- this will apply to ALL visiting clubs

http://www.espn.com/soccer/story/304...s-requirements

If you look at the plan it seems seats have been taken out of block 124 in the corner for this improved access.

Looks like 1500 figure is now out of date.
    Were you ever on University Challenge, Bamber ????

Yeah. Scumbag University

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3HvchF49AM

😂

Yeah. Scumbag University

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3HvchF49AM

��
    My teacher, Mrs Steve R (University of Life), taught me how to do this:----