+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: President Trump and PM Giuseppe Conte Joint Press Conference (30 July 2018)

President Trump and PM Giuseppe Conte Joint Press Conference (30 July 2018)

U.S. President Donald Trump and Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte hold a joint press conference following their bilateral meeting at the White House today.

Re: President Trump and PM Giuseppe Conte Joint Press Conference (30 July 2018)

And ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    And ?
    The kid likes trump. Best just leave him be.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    The kid likes trump. Best just leave him be.
    I don't particularly like Trump, I just try to keep up to date with the future direction of the world. Europe was mentioned a few times, so maybe a hint of what's to come?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    And ?
    MAGA comes to Italy .. MIGA?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I don't particularly like Trump, I just try to keep up to date with the future direction of the world. Europe was mentioned a few times, so maybe a hint of what's to come?
    On Iran

“It’s good for the country, good for them, good for us and good for the world. No preconditions. If they want to meet, I’ll meet,” Trump said.

Two Hours Later

“If the Iranians demonstrate a commitment to make fundamental changes in how they treat their own people, reduce their malign behavior, can agree that it's worthwhile to enter into a nuclear agreement that actually prevents proliferation, then the president said he's prepared to sit down and have the conversation with them,” Pompeo said.

If you want to keep up with the future direction of the world via the medium of Trump press conferences no wonder you come over as inconsistent and confused.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    On Iran

“It’s good for the country, good for them, good for us and good for the world. No preconditions. If they want to meet, I’ll meet,” Trump said.

Two Hours Later

“If the Iranians demonstrate a commitment to make fundamental changes in how they treat their own people, reduce their malign behavior, can agree that it's worthwhile to enter into a nuclear agreement that actually prevents proliferation, then the president said he's prepared to sit down and have the conversation with them,” Pompeo said.

If you want to keep up with the future direction of the world via the medium of Trump press conferences no wonder you come over as inconsistent and confused.
    Trump has figured out that he can easily get huge mainly positive news coverage by meeting other leaders so he's going to keep doing it.

Unfortunately, he hasn't figured out that the US should probably try to get something in return (see the North Korea summit for a prime example of that).

Mr Art Of The Deal lets them go all the way on the first date and wonders why they won't text back (see Putin's thanks but no thanks to the Washington invite).