+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Warnock will always be found wanting at this level

Re: Warnock will always be found wanting at this level

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Can’t attract premier league players, always been found wanting at this level.

No time for sentiment should have thanked him in the summer and wished him on his way.

We will be relegated by Xmas with the current squad.
    I can understand what HH is are saying. Warnock has done wonders but with the signings we’ve made and the squad we have, I fear for us.

It’s like he still thinks we’re a Championship side and because they all get on as a team they’ll be ok. They won’t, I agree, I think we’ll be down by Xmas with this squad.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Proves you are a Wum.
    How exactly? He threw a load of foul mouth abuse at me so his post was treated with the contempt it deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill Stants brother View Post
    I can understand what HH is are saying. Warnock has done wonders but with the signings we’ve made and the squad we have, I fear for us.

It’s like he still thinks we’re a Championship side and because they all get on as a team they’ll be ok. They won’t, I agree, I think we’ll be down by Xmas with this squad.
    Thanks. The sensitive souls on here who can’t handle someone having a difference of opinion are put in force tonight.

Not taking anything away from last season, Warnock was terrific, but I fear the championship is his limit. History tells us that. And his dealings so far this summer tells me he’s still thinking as a championship manager not a premier league one.

If we are serious about establishing ourselves as a premier league football club there’s no time for sentiment.

How exactly? He threw a load of foul mouth abuse at me so his post was treated with the contempt it deserved.
    How come you just can not embrace what the City have achieved and enjoy the season,Or a you just a fan for the time we are in the premier.

How come you just can not embrace what the City have achieved and enjoy the season,Or a you just a fan for the time we are in the premier.
    I’ve been a fan for 30 years this year. Apologies if wanting my football club to be the best it can possibly be upsets you.

Thanks. The sensitive souls on here who can’t handle someone having a difference of opinion are put in force tonight.

Not taking anything away from last season, Warnock was terrific, but I fear the championship is his limit. History tells us that. And his dealings so far this summer tells me he’s still thinking as a championship manager not a premier league one.

If we are serious about establishing ourselves as a premier league football club there’s no time for sentiment.
    Some of this lot on here will be calling for his head by October, you watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill Stants brother View Post

At the end of last season my 'hope' was that City would still be within a shout of staying up with a handful of games to go. I have to agree, we currently have a slightly improved Championship squad who don't look like they will be able to put up much of of a challenge.

Of course Warnock could work his magic again, but the Premiership isn't just a step up - it's staircase..

Love the old WUM reply aye. As soon as you have a different opinion than most, the old WUM gets branded about.

No time for sentiment should have thanked him in the summer and wished him on his way.

To use an American football phrase, there is not much tape to analyse how Warnock will do at premier league level. I also think we know a different Warnock (except Wolves at home I cannot remember him losing his rag) than the premier league thinks of him and therefore he may surprise people.

Has us not signing the number of players we need been down to Warnock? Maybe but there are a lot of other factors too and convincing the players who have joined to come here shows that he can attract hungry players with plenty of talent. A sideways look at it would be that we needed to sell before buying but constantly telling the media that he gets things out of players no one else can may have restricted the number of player we could sell.

Don't give up though, we need a strong home crowd to have any hope.

He's hardly like to with a wage bill of half of Huddersfield.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    At the end of last season my 'hope' was that City would still be within a shout of staying up with a handful of games to go. I have to agree, we currently have a slightly improved Championship squad who don't look like they will be able to put up much of of a challenge.

Of course Warnock could work his magic again, but the Premiership isn't just a step up - it's staircase..
    It’s a huge staircase, I really fear for us. If we go down like I think we will, we’ll have a great Championship side.

Just out of interest how would you have spent the £27M the NW has so far?

Which Premiership players would you have signed ? You can name as many as you like as long as the gross Transfermarkt value doesn't exceed £27M

Two other things to consider, the players you pick know they're coming into a relegation fight & you have to sell living in South Wales to each.

How much of this description of Brighton last year could apply to us next season: https://www.theguardian.com/football...nd-hove-albion

"Brighton were widely tipped to go down last season, especially after picking up one point from their first three matches, and they relished proving the doubters wrong."

"Even when they slid towards trouble after Christmas, a strong run in February and early March calmed fears"

"Yet while avoiding any final-day drama was a fine achievement, it should also be pointed out that Brighton’s unease had been resurfacing before they earned their first victory over United in 36 years on a wild Friday night"

"A piece of bad luck here, a couple of mistakes there, and Brighton could have been preparing for life back in the Championship."

And yet the article is hopeful of their chances next year....

"There has been no vanity splurge, no drive to target fading stars simply because they might sell a few shirts, and no sudden demand for a big-name manager to replace Hughton. Instead they have spent the summer looking for ways to progress without compromising the levels of organisation, teamwork and humility"

We have a free hit next year and while we could have a terrible run of form, as happened in the championship last year, there are small margins between going down and staying up. We only really need 10 wins to be properly competitive and that is doable.

I’ve been a fan for 30 years this year. Apologies if wanting my football club to be the best it can possibly be upsets you.
    Are you any taller this year?

There’s not a lot of difference between the top 6 of the championship and the bottom half of the premier league. We’ve got every chance of staying up. I think we’ll do better this time than last time we were in the prem.

What Warnock has done for the club goes beyond football.

So just how much cash to you want us to spend,it did not work out to well last time,and the only aplogies should be about the little Messi
    quote you put in.As if we are all only in it for the famous players.

Save your money for Lionel Messi posters chap

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    There’s not a lot of difference between the top 6 of the championship and the bottom half of the premier league. We’ve got every chance of staying up. I think we’ll do better this time than last time we were in the prem.

What Warnock has done for the club goes beyond football.
    Disagree

The gap in quality is wider than ever

So just how much cash to you want us to spend,it did not work out to well last time,and the only aplogies should be about the little Messi
    quote you put in.As if we are all only in it for the famous players.
    I’m not going to apologise for retorting to anyone who was abusive, or sarcastic to me in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    No you were banned for life from there if you cast your mind back.
    Incorrect. The person who everyone kept accusing of being Henry Hill on there was not in fact me.

You were banned yourself last week for being your usual self so let’s not get all high and mighty now there’s a good chap.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Just out of interest how would you have spent the £27M the NW has so far?

Which Premiership players would you have signed ? You can name as many as you like as long as the gross Transfermarkt value doesn't exceed £27M

Two other things to consider, the players you pick know they're coming into a relegation fight & you have to sell living in South Wales to each.
    Cardiff is a superb city to live. It’s not like we are making them live in the Rhondda.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post

WUM alert.
    This place is now an echo chamber. Anyone with an opposing view, no matter how well thought out or constructed, will be accused of

1) Being a WUM
    2) Being a troll
    3) No longer being a good poster
    4) Being obsessed
    5) Being a Swansea fan.

Cardiff is a superb city to live. It’s not like we are making them live in the Rhondda.
    The Rhondda lot will be chirping up now, it’s not like you’re having many bites on here is it?!

The Rhondda is a beautiful place I’ll have you know

You are absolutely correct. The season starts off with games against some clubs that people see as strugglers. I can't see a win this side of Guy Fawkes Night.