+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Warnock will always be found wanting at this level

Re: Warnock will always be found wanting at this level

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Simply creating this thread was a dick move. Clickbait title designed to cause controversy while the OP sits at his computer masturbating furiously. Troll. Plain and simple.
    Vivid imagination, and a little disturbing.

Very much the opinion of a mercenary, but I guess that's the way of football now. I do think you've been a tad harsh on Neil, but you're also right by nearly everyones own admission that the squad as it is, will most likely not be good enough. Whether Neil has or hasn't been fortuitous in previous spells in the top flight and have a fair crack is up for debate. However, as a club we owe him the first half of the season at the very least, not sacking him now. The squad did tremendous things last season, and who knows, maybe there's another rabbit in the hat ? Some people on here need to get a grip mind, the truth hurts sometimes.

As a side note, if the suggested wage cap has actually been implemented to save the club from killing itself, then I suspect this is by far and away the biggest stumbling block. Quality players will live and work anywhere (see Huddersfield and Burnley) when paid enough, I think the likelihood is that our wage cap is restricting the quality of players we can buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Can’t attract premier league players, always been found wanting at this level.

No time for sentiment should have thanked him in the summer and wished him on his way.

We will be relegated by Xmas with the current squad.
    I'm the resident wum here.

F#ck off with your nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    If you can find a post where I predicted Cardiff will be down by Christmas last season, then I'll give you a coconut.
    Posts can be found where u were predicting no professional football club in Cardiff.😂😂😂😂

Oh forgot im on the ignore list.🤣

I agree with the original poster in some way - I don't think NW will keep us in the PL.

If we had changed manager and brought in more resources I think we may well have been able to complete.

However, I'm happy the NW is staying and that we'll go down in a blaze of non-glory ( It's the Cardiff way ).

Does that make me any of the 1-5?

No time for sentiment should have thanked him in the summer and wished him on his way.

Mr Miserable aren't we! At least give the guy a full season in charge. Nothing, but nothing, will be as bad as last time we were in the prem league. Warnock certainly won't be as bad as 'The Useless One' Ole. A man who made the likes of Durban and Hibbert look like world beating managers. You do remember those dark days, don't you? Or do you just remember our more successful seasons?? You sound like someone who has supported the club since the Dave Jones days!!

Seriously WTF did you expect?

Tan to open up his bank account so Warnock can spend £200m PLUS in transfers and pay £ millions each month on Premier League Wages for players !!!!!! Are you for real??

Look what happened to us last time we were in the EPL ..... Like 90% of the posters on here are literally overwhelmed with what NW has done to this football club, he's been an absolute Godsend. Gone are the dark days of RED and watching our beloved Cardiff City slowly slipping away into nonexistence playing SHITE football.

I've always been proud to be a Cardiff City supporter and what Neil has given us is so much more belief - I know it aint gonna be easy being back in the EPL but FFS is anybody really expecting us to challenge for the title We all know its gonna be a dog fight but as most of us on here knows If we do end up getting relegated back down to the championship we will have an amazing team to compete on Championship wages

For one I'm backing NW to prove alot of people wrong by keeping us up against all the odds - You never know there could be another 2015-16 season on the cards

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    I'll pay it if you go back there with your words of wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    Seriously WTF did you expect?

Tan to open up his bank account so Warnock can spend £200m PLUS in transfers and pay £ millions each month on Premier League Wages for players !!!!!! Are you for real??

Look what happened to us last time we were in the EPL ..... Like 90% of the posters on here are literally overwhelmed with what NW has done to this football club, he's been an absolute Godsend. Gone are the dark days of RED and watching our beloved Cardiff City slowly slipping away into nonexistence playing SHITE football.

I've always been proud to be a Cardiff City supporter and what Neil has given us is so much more belief - I know it aint gonna be easy being back in the EPL but FFS is anybody really expecting us to challenge for the title We all know its gonna be a dog fight but as most of us on here knows If we do end up getting relegated back down to the championship we will have an amazing team to compete on Championship wages

For one I'm backing NW to prove alot of people wrong by keeping us up against all the odds - You never know there could be another 2015-16 season on the cards

Yeah, I would go along with this.

Additionally what manager could we get that would 'guarantee' survival? None that are available to uswith the budget we have. There are no guarantees in football.

I for one don't want us to go down the manager changing merry-go-round and end up with the likes of Redknapp, Pardew, Moyles or goodness me 'Allardyce'.. heaven forbid. If we appointed one of those the same people spouting about NW would soon wished we had kept him. At least he has the spirit and balls we need.

Very happy to stick with NW and fail with him if that's what happens.

While I am disappointed we have not signed another striker and midfielder yet I am happy that we haven't mortgaged the club and risked everything on 'staying' up. Staying in the premier league is not the be all and end all.. we have our club back and that is worth more than the EPL survival.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Yeah, I would go along with this.

Additionally what manager could we get that would 'guarantee' survival? None that are available to uswith the budget we have. There are no guarantees in football.

I for one don't want us to go down the manager changing merry-go-round and end up with the likes of Redknapp, Pardew, Moyles or goodness me 'Allardyce'.. heaven forbid. If we appointed one of those the same people spouting about NW would soon wished we had kept him. At least he has the spirit and balls we need.

Very happy to stick with NW and fail with him if that's what happens.

While I am disappointed we have not signed another striker and midfielder yet I am happy that we haven't mortgaged the club and risked everything on 'staying' up. Staying in the premier league is not the be all and end all.. we have our club back and that is worth more than the EPL survival.
    Well said. Couldn’t agree more. Is against the world. They don’t stand a chance.

As a side comment , amongst all this clamour to spend millions and millions and gamble our club on premier league survival, are we forgetting that Leicester won the league with very little spending ?

Spending ridiculous amounts on untried premiership players is a fools game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Well said. Couldn’t agree more. Is against the world. They don’t stand a chance.

As a side comment , amongst all this clamour to spend millions and millions and gamble our club on premier league survival, are we forgetting that Leicester won the league with very little spending ?

Spending ridiculous amounts on untried premiership players is a fools game.
    Also agree and to be honest I think Reid and Murphy could well turn out to be very good signings, they scored a lot of goals between them in the Championship last season. Whether they can repeat that in the Premier league who knows but it will be fun finding out, it's amazing we're still not a Championship club this season.

It was mentioned Brighton were considered much the same at the start of last season - who then would have had the old warhorse Glenn Murray down as a decent goal scoring Premier league striker!

If Neil did the unthinkable (to the doom and gloom merchants on here) and kept the City up it would be nice to see the naysayers hold their hands up and admit that they got it wrong,I ain't holding my breath!.

Totally missing the point but there you go.

Douglas was a player good enough for the championship but not what they wanted in the Prem.

Warnock falls into the same category. Excellent championship manager, failed every time in the Prem.
    Have you checked his win % for Premier League games? It's not that bad at all. In fact both his win ratios at Palace are better than Roy Hodgson's.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Have you checked his win % for Premier League games? It's not that bad at all. In fact both his win ratios at Palace are better than Roy Hodgson's.
    Harry Monk.

I just checked out NW's Premier League record.

You are right... it isn't as bad as some people are making out.

Matches 74
    Wins 17
    Draws 19
    Losses 38
    Goals For 69
    Against 115

Maths isn't my strong point but.... 74 matches in the Premier League is essentially just 2 games over 2 full seasons.

Across those 74 games a points tally of 70 isn't so bad bearing in mind he was in some difficult circumstances in some of the clubs he managed.

It is true he needs to up his game a bit to keep us up but we are talking a few extra wins/draws.

With the chairman behind him, fans behind him, a bit of luck and a great team spirit.. who knows.

To write him off and not give him a chance after what he has done for us would be cruel in the extreme

NW's average point tally in the Premier League is 34.05 per season.

Harry Monk.

Matches 74
    Wins 17
    Draws 19
    Losses 38
    Goals For 69
    Against 115

Maths isn't my strong point but.... 74 matches in the Premier League is essentially just 2 games over 2 full seasons.

Across those 74 games a points tally of 70 isn't so bad bearing in mind he was in some difficult circumstances in some of the clubs he managed.

It is true he needs to up his game a bit to keep us up but we are talking a few extra wins/draws.

With the chairman behind him, fans behind him, a bit of luck and a great team spirit.. who knows.

To write him off and not give him a chance after what he has done for us would be cruel in the extreme
    Not just cruel in the extreme , it would be a return to the crazy days.

Harry Monk.

Matches 74
    Wins 17
    Draws 19
    Losses 38
    Goals For 69
    Against 115

100% AGREE

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Also agree and to be honest I think Reid and Murphy could well turn out to be very good signings, they scored a lot of goals between them in the Championship last season. Whether they can repeat that in the Premier league who knows but it will be fun finding out, it's amazing we're still not a Championship club this season.

It was mentioned Brighton were considered much the same at the start of last season - who then would have had the old warhorse Glenn Murray down as a decent goal scoring Premier league striker!

Excellent point about Glenn Murray, who would have thought!

Maybe our own GM will come through, however unlikely that looks at the moment!

Simply creating this thread was a dick move. Clickbait title designed to cause controversy while the OP sits at his computer masturbating furiously. Troll. Plain and simple.
    🤣🤣🤣👍

Harry Monk.

Matches 74
    Wins 17
    Draws 19
    Losses 38
    Goals For 69
    Against 115

If my maths is right, that gives him a points average of 0.946 per game in the top flight.

Dave Jones had an average of 1.145, yet I doubt many City fans would swap the two. I would also suggest that our promotion last season given all the circumstances eclipses anything Jones, or most City managers, have ever achieved.

I have a sneaky suspicion we might surprise a few teams this season. Either that or we'll sing like a stone.

Probably explains why he needs a pair of tweezers.

I think a lot of the new fans will "Be found wanting", as well, as they troop out with 20 minutes to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    If my maths is right, that gives him a points average of 0.946 per game in the top flight.

Dave Jones had an average of 1.145, yet I doubt many City fans would swap the two. I would also suggest that our promotion last season given all the circumstances eclipses anything Jones, or most City managers, have ever achieved.

I have a sneaky suspicion we might surprise a few teams this season. Either that or we'll sing like a stone.
    You can't always get what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    You can't always get what you want.
    boom boom

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

So the difference between survival and relegation? Not that DJs PL record has anything to do with it?!?