+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deeney deal OFF

Deeney deal OFF

According to Dominic Booth of Wales Online

https://twitter.com/DomBooth19/statu...87012500860928

Re: Deeney deal OFF

If it was ever on? All of ours transfers(Grujic saga aside) have very much gone under radar.

Very much hope the part about a midfielder is true, as TOBW mentioned in another thread, we have lost 3 players from a midfield which wasn’t the strongest in the championship.

Welshlad, was saying this yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by pgbluebird View Post

Lump on then lads

Thanks to WOL for clearing up this transfer rumour isn't happening just a day after with no sources from the club they put an article out about why Warnock wanted him.

I do hate all the bs that gets printed in the press and social media at this time.

Wouldn't be surprised if the club have signed him by 4pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Thanks to WOL for clearing up this transfer rumour isn't happening just a day after with no sources from the club they put an article out about why Warnock wanted him.

I do hate all the bs that gets printed in the press and social media at this time.

Wouldn't be surprised if the club have signed him by 4pm.
    If Rob Phillips is saying there's some truth to it, as well as welshlad, then there's some truth to it. Whether it happens or not is a different kettle of fish.

I had no confidence in this rumour. A loan I believe will still be our best bet.

Even thou we have a millionaire of an owner we really can't compete with the big boys until we establish a foothold in the Premier. It shows again how a good scouting system and youth structure is vitally important to lower league clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    If Rob Phillips is saying there's some truth to it, as well as welshlad, then there's some truth to it. Whether it happens or not is a different kettle of fish.
    I'll be honest when Nixon wrote the article the other day I was surprised. A) Thing's don't get into the press with Warnock until such time he wants them to.. generally. Bobby Reid for example was already having his medical when it was first mentioned on Twitter. B) I thought our interest was dead.

There was a conversation about Deeney, I wouldn't be surprised whatsoever if the deal is completely dead and this is now an agent leaking to the press to try and make Deeney look available to other clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    I'll be honest when Nixon wrote the article the other day I was surprised. A) Thing's don't get into the press with Warnock until such time he wants them to.. generally. Bobby Reid for example was already having his medical when it was first mentioned on Twitter. B) I thought our interest was dead.

There was a conversation about Deeney, I wouldn't be surprised whatsoever if the deal is completely dead and this is now an agent leaking to the press to try and make Deeney look available to other clubs.
    Good point, very rarely does anything get leaked without the deal looking comfortably done from our side.

I'm kind of glad the deal isn't happening in terms of I think if Zohore is to perform I feel like he needs to feel like the main man on the back end of a good pre-season. Bringing in a Deeney or a Rondon, however unfeasible, will definitely mean that if it were to happen, would be our number one striker. If Zohore scores a couple in our first three he will easily be a better option than Deeney ever would be imo. Confidence player innit...

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post

Ok, that makes sense. Warnock, Murphy, Smithies and Cunningham all came from pretty much nowhere. I suppose people will be trying to drum up moves with a week remaining. Wonder what we end up doing!

Good point, very rarely does anything get leaked without the deal looking comfortably done from our side.

I'm kind of glad the deal isn't happening in terms of I think if Zohore is to perform I feel like he needs to feel like the main man on the back end of a good pre-season. Bringing in a Deeney or a Rondon, however unfeasible, will definitely mean that if it were to happen, would be our number one striker. If Zohore scores a couple in our first three he will easily be a better option than Deeney ever would be imo. Confidence player innit...
    Spot on. Let’s get behind the boys and upset some teams next year.

We only missed on safety last time by 6 points. That was with a disjointed team and divided club.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Spot on. Let’s get behind the boys and upset some teams next year.

We only missed on safety last time by 6 points. That was with a disjointed team and divided club.
    Nobody's on about booing or getting on their backs, but do you really think Madine and Zohore are the answer? Zohore might be but I don't think we could play Madine for a prolonged run of games. Currently we're an injury to Ralls and Zohore away from being pretty horrible.

Nobody's on about booing or getting on their backs, but do you really think Madine and Zohore are the answer? Zohore might be but I don't think we could play Madine for a prolonged run of games. Currently we're an injury to Ralls and Zohore away from being pretty horrible.
    I think Zohore will be good for us this year. Madine also. Different types of player. I don’t see much between Austin , Deeney , etc and Zohore and Madine.

I don’t think any striker is going to score a lot of goals in this team due to the way we play. We just don’t have the players in midfield to get forward and score or create.

I agree an injury to falls would be catostrophic to us. I’d rather we get an experienced midfielder in with the ability to get goals.

A decent season for Zohore and he will be a £20 million player.

Excellent news.

My answer to that would be Grujic, Arter and someone like Niasse. A grafter, not in the target man mould, who wouldn't really mind sitting on the bench and scoring goals when he comes on.

Agree with you definitely, however, I dont think a striker in the target man mould (Rondon, Deeney) is what we need. We already have Zohore and Madine, one has real quality, the other one if he does posess it hasn't shown it for us yet... To sign another one would only relegate Zohore and Madine and hit their confidence. Signing a Niasse type would give us a whole new dimension, he could play off a target man and give us a goal threat without having to isolate Reid up top vs big defenders in something like a 5-2-1-2, not to mention Danny Ward who we shouldn't discount (although could see him go on a short loan at the start of the season to find fitness if he doesn't feature vs betis)

Arter and Ralls are very similar, with Arter more of a real bastard with prem experience, those to at the base, and back up in Gunnars, Grujic and Damour would stand us in good stead imo.

I think Zohore will be good for us this year. Madine also. Different types of player. I don’t see much between Austin , Deeney , etc and Zohore and Madine.

I don’t think any striker is going to score a lot of goals in this team due to the way we play. We just don’t have the players in midfield to get forward and score or create.

I agree an injury to falls would be catostrophic to us. I’d rather we get an experienced midfielder in with the ability to get goals.

A decent season for Zohore and he will be a £20 million player.
    Charlie Austin would walk into our side. He knows where the goal is. We're going to have barren runs, and Zohore is clearly a confidence player so he'll struggle at points. Austin's goal record is very good.

I don't see Madine scoring too many goals next season and I don't think we'd be desperate for a striker if Warnock thought so either.

Would Southampton sell Austin?
    Warnock has been quite vocal before about his admiration for him.

Charlie Austin would walk into our side. He knows where the goal is. We're going to have barren runs, and Zohore is clearly a confidence player so he'll struggle at points. Austin's goal record is very good.

I don't see Madine scoring too many goals next season and I don't think we'd be desperate for a striker if Warnock thought so either.
    I like Charlie Austin too. Good player. Not sure if the amount we would have to spend to bring a player like him would justify the improvement on what we got ie Zohore / Madine.

The few Southampton games I saw last year they were set up as a 3-4-3 and looked a lot more attaching than our style. Mainly through early crosses into the box. Something we don’t tend to do.

At this rate I would just get Cameron Jerome who is capable of doing a decent job playing the lone role up top. Strong, not exactly fast but not slow either and wouldn't cost the world in transfer and wages.

You can argue there's better options out there and I would like to hear people's thoughts on who Cardiff should go for. But when you consider the likes of Hoilett, Murphy, Reid, Mendez-Laing, Harris and even Paterson who are all capable of offering our team options for an injection of pace in and around the 18 yard box, Jerome suits the role of the lone man up top to bring those players into the game.

I’m getting a little nervous about lack of options in midfield, there’ll be no point in having a striker if we don’t have anyone to pass to them

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I’m getting a little nervous about lack of options in midfield, there’ll be no point in having a striker if we don’t have anyone to pass to them
    Smithies is an excellent kicker apparently. Hoof.

Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post
    At this rate I would just get Cameron Jerome who is capable of doing a decent job playing the lone role up top. Strong, not exactly fast but not slow either and wouldn't cost the world in transfer and wages.

You can argue there's better options out there and I would like to hear people's thoughts on who Cardiff should go for. But when you consider the likes of Hoilett, Murphy, Reid, Mendez-Laing, Harris and even Paterson who are all capable of offering our team options for an injection of pace in and around the 18 yard box, Jerome suits the role of the lone man up top to bring those players into the game.
    If Cameron Jerome is the answer then that’s quite embarrassing for Zohore and Madine.

If Cameron Jerome is the answer then that’s quite embarrassing for Zohore and Madine.
    Cameron Jerome hasn't been the answer since 2006. Going to Preston too luckily.

Doesn't really sit well with what he was saying yesterday.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...eeney-14971691

You're misinterpreting my point. If the idea is to bolster on top of what we have then Jerome is a valid option.

I don't see Cardiff in the market for anyone who improves beyond what Zohore and Madine already offer the Bluebirds. And I don't imagine Warnock being in the market for a pacey diminutive striker. So players that fit the same mould as Zohore and Madine appear to be the most obvious option.

If anyone wants to make other suggestions feel free to point them out. I'm just attempting to offer a realistic perspective of where Cardiff could be looking.

Would love to see us in the market for some other players, but those I had my hopes on have already moved, Jordan Siebatcheu is one who moved to Stade Rennes for 8m.