+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New players to watch in Premiership

New players to watch in Premiership

Salah was a revelation for Liverpool last year and I believe Arsenals Matteo Guendouzi could be the one to watch this year.
    Guendouzi absolutely ran the game last night sitting in front of the Arsenal's back 4.
    Just 19 years of age and a bargain at 7 million ...what a talent for France and Arsenal !

Re: New players to watch in Premiership

Greg Halford

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Greg Halford
    There's a slight problem with your shit joke, Henry. Want to take a guess at what it might be?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    There's a slight problem with your shit joke, Henry. Want to take a guess at what it might be?
    K zohore

Heisenberg

There some obvious ones who have signed for the bigger clubs in the league, but of the possibly lesser known players:

Alireza Jahanbakhsh who has signed for Brighton from AZ - 21 goals and 12 assists in 33 games in the Eredevisie last season.

Mohamed Elyounoussi who has signed for Southampton from Basel - 11 goals and 15 assists in the Swiss Premier League last season.

Issa Diop who has signed for West Ham from Toulouse - 21 year old centre back who was the Toulouse captain last season. Looks like he's been playing for decades. He's strong, great in the air, quick and can pick a pass. I think he will be world class.

Jorginho and Lucas Torreira.

Seri at Fulham. Digne a good signing for Everton too.

Interested to see how jahanbaksh gets on at Brighton, also Naby Keita at Liverpool

Guendouzi looked quite a player last night - assumed he was much older and much more expensive! Hudson Odoi whilst not new looked excellent for Chelsea as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dicey1966 View Post
    Salah was a revelation for Liverpool last year
    I remember watching another player named Salah who wasn't quite as good, and only scored 2 goals in 13 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Guendouzi looked quite a player last night - assumed he was much older and much more expensive! Hudson Odoi whilst not new looked excellent for Chelsea as well.
    CHO is 17.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I remember watching another player named Salah who wasn't quite as good, and only scored 2 goals in 13 games.
    On the other hand I remember him being great for Basel before that and in Italy after that.

And given the amount of minutes he played in those 13 games, 2 goals is probably a decent return

Bobby Reid,Josh Murphy

Adalberto Peņaranda

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Bobby Reid,Josh Murphy

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    On the other hand I remember him being great for Basel before that and in Italy after that.

And given the amount of minutes he played in those 13 games, 2 goals is probably a decent return
    So he wasn't a new player to watch in the Premiership then, more of a reacquaintance.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    So he wasn't a new player to watch in the Premiership then, more of a reacquaintance.
    Still fairly new I suppose given the limited minutes he played, but I take your point

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Still fairly new I suppose given the limited minutes he played, but I take your point
    Given that criteria, I am looking for forward to watching Ampadu develop, as he does seem to be a Sarri type of player. With 98% passing accuracy v Inter in some tight spaces, he's a very cool head. Also hoping that Brooks does well, he's got great movement and vision, plus he has the opportunity to show Manchester City what they've missed out on.