+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our squad of 25

Our squad of 25

What will it be?

GK: Etheridge, Smithies, Murphy

DEF: Peltier, Bennett, Morrison, Manga, Bamba, Connolly, Cunningham, Richards

MID: Ralls, Gunnarsson, Murphy, Reid, Hoilett, Mendez-Laing, Paterson, Damour, Harris

ATT: Zohore, Madine, Ward, Healey, Bogle

So that's probably our current 25 man squad before we manage to bring the last few loans in.

The players that I expect we'll move on are Pilkington, O'Keefe and Tomlin.

So what's the best we could hope for? Grujic in for Damour? Another striking option instead of Bogle/Healey?

Re: Our squad of 25

I think we would be silly getting rid of pilks and tomlin. There's going to be a lot of games when we are chasing a goal . You can't really argue with us being relegation candidates there's not much value in the squad if we were going to sell up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    What will it be?

MID: Ralls, Gunnarsson, Murphy, Reid, Hoilett, Mendez-Laing, Paterson, Damour, Harris

ATT: Zohore, Madine, Ward, Healey, Bogle

So that's probably our current 25 man squad before we manage to bring the last few loans in.

The players that I expect we'll move on are Pilkington, O'Keefe and Tomlin.

So what's the best we could hope for? Grujic in for Damour? Another striking option instead of Bogle/Healey?
    I expect Warnock to bring in a midfielder and a striker - in place of Bogle and Healey on your list - and for Camp to be moved on as well as Tomlin, Pilks and O'Keefe. The moving on (or loan move) should be easy for Bogle (to Ipswich it seems) and Healey. Pilks and Tomlin will have suitors but wages may be an issue. O'Keefe is just getting over a long-term injury. Camp has a problem after the Sunderland debacle.

If Warnock can get a second midfielder it is hard to see who would lose out on your list. They are all part of the first team squad and under contract (recently extended in some cases). Probably Kadeem, but maybe Damour or Connolly?

isn't there something about home-grown players as part of the 25?

If so which ones of ours qualify?

Richards, Ralls, Harris, Healey

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    isn't there something about home-grown players as part of the 25?

If so which ones of ours qualify?

Richards, Ralls, Harris, Healey
    "'Home Grown' simply means that a player must have been on the books of a club affiliated with the Football Association for at least three years before they turn 21 – it does not mean that they have to be English."

That's most of our squad.

The rules also say "Another important caveat is that teams can use as many under-21 players as they like in addition to their main squad, regardless of nationality."

This rule gives the big clubs a massive advantage because they get just draft in any of their youth prospects without having to name them in the main 25.

MID: Ralls, Gunnarsson, Murphy, Reid, Hoilett, Mendez-Laing, Paterson,Tomlin Harris

ATT: Zohore, Madine, Ward, AN Other,Pilks

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...My-25-would-be

Of the squad above only players don't count as home grown:
    Manga, Bamba, Gunnarson, Damour, Patterson, Zohore.

Even Gunnarson is probably home grown, depends on the exact date he signed for Coventry.

We'll easily have the biggest percentage of home grown players in the Premier.

Fulham top half finish; Brum Top 6 finish; Torquay champions and Accrington top 6. £1 Lucky 15. I Wanted to do West ham top 6 finish instead of Brum. But Bet365 would not allow the bet. Strange!
    Spedger

Greg Halford will be re-signing