+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Final News on Grujic

Re: Final News on Grujic

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Club been led around in circles on this one.

Everything was agreed for him to come rather than go to America for pre-season.

Liverpool still happy for him to come; but not willing to let him go atm without the new contract.

Oh and Deeney was never £15m. Burnley offered just over half of that yesterday!!
    Seems that way but you wonder why we didn’t pull the plug a while ago especially if it meant potentially missing out on other targets?

We clearly are light in central midfield which is really worrying considering the step up we are making. Just hope Neil’s got a few rabbits he can pull out in the next few days. I’ve seen a few new rumours on twitter about Tolgay Arslan, wonder if that might be a goer?

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    Seems that way but you wonder why we didn’t pull the plug a while ago especially if it meant potentially missing out on other targets?

We clearly are light in central midfield which is really worrying considering the step up we are making. Just hope Neil’s got a few rabbits he can pull out in the next few days. I’ve seen a few new rumours on twitter about Tolgay Arslan, wonder if that might be a goer?
    Top target,Grujic aside; is still there but doesnt appear to be allowed to move at the minute.

We are lighter than most people think in Central Midfield at the minute. Cryptic I know; but we seriously need to get 2 CMs over the line by Thursday. Im sure we will.

Shouldve probably pulled the plug earlier but really were certain that Grujic was just a matter of time.

Top target,Grujic aside; is still there but doesnt appear to be allowed to move at the minute.

We are lighter than most people think in Central Midfield at the minute. Cryptic I know; but we seriously need to get 2 CMs over the line by Thursday. Im sure we will.

Shouldve probably pulled the plug earlier but really were certain that Grujic was just a matter of time.
    Ok, sounds as though one of our midfielders has a pretty bad injury picked up in training I guess then... the squad this afternoon should reveal who.

Quote Originally Posted by stevebrickman View Post
    Ok, sounds as though one of our midfielders has a pretty bad injury picked up in training I guess then... the squad this afternoon should reveal who.
    Nothing that serious but a wake up call about numbers needed in the middle.

Nice to see the lad has messed us around - Cheers Grujic

This saga should of ended several weeks ago ! For all Neil's experience I can't help thinking he's been too trusting and a little naive.

Quote Originally Posted by dicey1966 View Post
    This saga should of ended several weeks ago ! For all Neil's experience I can't help thinking he's been too trusting and a little naive.
    agree 100% what p*sses me off even more is the fact that Warnock has missed out on a few other signings because of him

If Warnock did effectively put all of his midfield eggs in one basket, it seems to have been a strange basket to put them in. After all, Grujic didn't start any of City's last six games last season. He wasn't that good, was he? That's a genuine question, as he never looked great when I saw him in the TV games.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    If Warnock did effectively put all of his midfield eggs in one basket, it seems to have been a strange basket to put them in. After all, Grujic didn't start any of City's last six games last season. He wasn't that good, was he? That's a genuine question, as he never looked great when I saw him in the TV games.
    I've only seen him on iFollow, however, just like yourself, I didn't see anything in him to get too excited about. You could understand Warnock not giving up on a player who could possibly have a big impact on our season, but I don't think Grujic is that kind of player.

It's just a pity that it's taken so much time to come to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    Looks like the OP was right, with Warnock acknowledging we’re short in midfield with missing out on Grujic and other targets whilst waiting for him

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/foot...mpression=true
    Does this mean I am a leAdEr after all?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    Does this mean I am a leAdEr after all?
    Yup!

he'll be off somewhere else before the deadline, if he doesn't they'll still have the option to loan him abroad until end of August.

Woods not in Brentford team.
    On the way to JBs or could we gazump them?

Contract issues. Klopp probably wanted him playing every game, regardless of form.

I wonder if there’s a clause in the Woodburn loan deal. On the bench today.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Contract issues. Klopp probably wanted him playing every game, regardless of form.

I wonder if there’s a clause in the Woodburn loan deal. On the bench today.
    The contract between us and Liverpool was sorted.

All to do with Liverpool wanting him to sign a new contract before letting him go for some reason.... Makes no sense to me either

Grujic not in Liverpool squad this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Grujic not in Liverpool squad this evening.
    He’s off to pastures new.

He got sent home with a few others. Carrying a hamstring injury by all accounts.

The contract between us and Liverpool was sorted.

All to do with Liverpool wanting him to sign a new contract before letting him go for some reason.... Makes no sense to me either
    Wouldn’t the contract issue be that they wouldn’t want his contract running down whilst he was out on a season loan and thereby potentially reducing his value? Although you’d think his value would potentially increase by actually playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Wouldn’t the contract issue be that they wouldn’t want his contract running down whilst he was out on a season loan and thereby potentially reducing his value? Although you’d think his value would potentially increase by actually playing.

Still got 2 years left on his contract, I think it's a wage thing. He's on £15k / week which is about 20% of their average salary. Probably after a bigger share of the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    2 years left and originally loan was until January.

Really strange situation.

2 years left and originally loan was until January.

Really strange situation.
    OK, my in-laws are scousers and seem to think it’s pretty standard practice to sign a new contract before being sent out on a long-term loan. Harry Wilson has just signed a new one before being shipped-out to Derby on a season loan.