+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final News on Grujic

Final News on Grujic

According to Radio Wales he is staying at Anfield.
    Warnock was interviewed and he said hd was disappointed at missing out on him.
    At least it looks as if the saga is over.

Re: Final News on Grujic

And about 5 minutes ago Sky Sports were saying it looks like Cardiff will be getting their man. Sky sports talk shite again

Whatever

People saying on Twitter that him and a couple of other players aren't staying with the squad in Dublin and are being flown back quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    People saying on Twitter that him and a couple of other players aren't staying with the squad in Dublin and are being flown back quickly.
    At what speed?

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Don't know what to believe!
    James Pearce (@JamesPearceEcho) Tweeted:
    Ings, Grujic and Matip flying back to Liverpool today rather than on to Dublin with the squad tomorrow. As expected they won’t be involved v Napoli and will train at Melwood instead. I can reveal they have speedy boarding. #LFC https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/...613809664?s=17

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...-four-14987955

Reporting that Grujic is injured but still expecting him to come to City on loan. Pearce was on the flight with them so will know as much as most hacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    At what speed?
    Quickly .

Not slowly .

Always here to help .

Warnock just said on the radio at 6pm that he was disappointed because he'd put a lot of work in and thought the deal was done but that he now appears to have missed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    Warnock just said on the radio at 6pm that he was disappointed because he'd put a lot of work in and thought the deal was done but that he now appears to have missed out.
    Hmmmmmm

What radio programme?

So now he is taking a nap? Or looking elsewhere?

It's strange that this was said on Radio Wales yet there's no report online about it. They normally love creating news out of a quote.

Ings to Palace for £20 million and Grujic on loan to Cardiff for whole season, according to Liverpool Echo this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    What radio programme?
    Sports bulletin after the Radio Wales news. It's been on three times between 5 & 6.

Strange this, not reported anywhere, if true would have thought it would have been. Slumdog saying that he heard Warnock on radio wales, say he was disappointed as he has put a lot of work into the deal not collaborated anywhere, could either have been misheard or a windup!

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Strange this, not reported anywhere, if true would have thought it would have been. Slumdog saying that he heard Warnock on radio wales, say he was disappointed as he has put a lot of work into the deal not collaborated anywhere, could either have been misheard or a windup!
    I'd be very surprised if Clive is on the wind up and he also said that it had been on three times within an hour, so mishearing it seems to be out as well. As others have said, it's an odd one because other news outlets would surely have picked up on it, yet there still doesn't appear to be any corroboration this morning - normally, I'd say Radio Wales had realised they'd cocked up and were just hoping nobody noticed it, but Clive is saying that they were quoting Neil Warnock .

I have looked everywhere this morning, on every site that i Know, and still nothing, perhaps WOL staff went to bed early and they may put something on this morning. I do remember a while back, Warnock saying in an interview, something about being disappointed if we do not get him, as he has worked hard on it, maybe radio wales are repeating that interview!

As TOBW said, it wasn't a wind up and there's no question of what I heard but I'm now as sceptical as all of you.
    I always listen to the Wales Sport bulletins but there was nothing on the main one at 8.30 this morning so perhaps Igovernor is right to think they repeated a Warnock interview from a week or so ago.
    Sad really because this obviously means I'm not a leAdEr.

I know the interview igovernor is talking about.

Liverpool press seem to think he's on his way to us.

As TOBW said, it wasn't a wind up and there's no question of what I heard but I'm now as sceptical as all of you.
    I always listen to the Wales Sport bulletins but there was nothing on the main one at 8.30 this morning so perhaps Igovernor is right to think they repeated a Warnock interview from a week or so ago.
    Sad really because this obviously means I'm not a leAdEr.

Looks like the OP was right, with Warnock acknowledging we’re short in midfield with missing out on Grujic and other targets whilst waiting for him

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/foot...mpression=true

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    Looks like the OP was right, with Warnock acknowledging we’re short in midfield with missing out on Grujic and other targets whilst waiting for him

Looks that way. Talks about Deeney and N'Diaye aswell.

Club been led around in circles on this one.

Everything was agreed for him to come rather than go to America for pre-season.

Liverpool still happy for him to come; but not willing to let him go atm without the new contract.

Oh and Deeney was never £15m. Burnley offered just over half of that yesterday!!

Shouldn’t have put all his eggs in one basket. Soon as they started pi**sing us about move on.