+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kamikaze City ?

Re: Kamikaze City ?

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I'd like him to get the 'right' players in. Trouble is, we're 2 players less than last season in the Championship with 1 week to go. Looks like Liverpool wanted to keep Grujic all along according to the other place. People are suggesting Warnock's got irons in the fire but even if we had re-signed Grujic our midfield needed strengthening, yet it seems that he held of pursuing other options until he had a definitive answer from Liverpool/Grujic.

A titanic effort last season, yet it's as if the club/Warnock aren't viewing the Premier League as a long term project..
    You are obviously a 'glass totally empty' person. How you can deduce the conclusion of your last sentance from what is happening is totally beyond me. You know absolutely nothing about what is going on behind the scenes at the club.

At least we won't have to play Swansea next season

As it stands now we on on course for the lowest points total since Derby.
    There's plenty of pace in the side.
    However centre midfield is piss poor.
    Errors at the back today...
    Without 3 new premiership quality players we are in for a torrid season.
    My prediction.
    Relegated by Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You are obviously a 'glass totally empty' person. How you can deduce the conclusion of your last sentance from what is happening is totally beyond me. You know absolutely nothing about what is going on behind the scenes at the club.
    Hang on, 17.13? That's only two minutes before kick off today, don't tell me that you of all people missed today's match?

So you presumably think that spending £27m so far is 'manic underspending' then do you. We are in the Premier League for gods sake, so why not look forward to the season rather than continually moaning like some people do. Burnley and Spurs havent spent anything so far this close season by the way and we have to date also spent more than Newcastle, Palace, Watford and Bournemouth, so that appears at odds with your last sentance doesnt it ?.
    Can you have "manic underspending"? Anyway, lets see how our spending measures up to others come Friday.

As someone who takes everything Neil Warnock says as Gospel, I'm surprised to see you disagreeing with him on how much we have spent - he doesn't put it as high as £27 million. He also says that his budget is half the size Huddersfield's was last season. Now, if that is true, our manager has been given a huge task over the coming months - we were a better team last season than Huddersfield were when they were promoted, but I fear for us if we do not have a budget which enables us to spend a similar amount to what Huddersfield did in the summer of 2017.

No doubt you'll think the above is "drivel" because it acknowledges the risk of us being relegated, so any member of the playing, coaching or management staff reading what I say will be devastated and won't be able to perform to their best in 18/19, but those are my views I'm afraid and, like the OP I would guess, I'd love to be proved wrong. It's not, and has never been, wrong to say critical things about the club you support though, despite what you might think as the Board's self appointed arbiter of what is acceptable on here.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Hang on, 17.13? That's only two minutes before kick off today, don't tell me that you of all people missed today's match?
    Unfortunately I am on holiday and couldnt be in two places at once. Whats that got to do with anything ?.

Can you have "manic underspending"? Anyway, lets see how our spending measures up to others come Friday.

As someone who takes everything Neil Warnock says as Gospel, I'm surprised to see you disagreeing with him on how much we have spent - he doesn't put it as high as £27 million. He also says that his budget is half the size Huddersfield's was last season. Now, if that is true, our manager has been given a huge task over the coming months - we were a better team last season than Huddersfield were when they were promoted, but I fear for us if we do not have a budget which enables us to spend a similar amount to what Huddersfield did in the summer of 2017.

No doubt you'll think the above is "drivel" because it acknowledges the risk of us being relegated, so any member of the playing, coaching or management staff reading what I say will be devastated and won't be able to perform to their best in 18/19, but those are my views I'm afraid and, like the OP I would guess, I'd love to be proved wrong. It's not, and has never been, wrong to say critical things about the club you support though, despite what you might think as the Board's self appointed arbiter of what is acceptable on here.
    Why are you answering on behalf of the OP, who my previous comments were directed at ?. Also why do you continually criticise me for being so happy with what we have achieved and optimistic for the future but never have a go at the people who continually moan or post negative comments on here and never have anything good to say about the club ?. Have a go at them for a change and give me a rest. Mind you, that would probably mean that you would be criticising all your 'best buddies' posts wouldn't it, which would never do.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    As it stands now we on on course for the lowest points total since Derby.
    There's plenty of pace in the side.
    However centre midfield is piss poor.
    Errors at the back today...
    Without 3 new premiership quality players we are in for a torrid season.
    My prediction.
    Relegated by Christmas
    It was a friendly against a top six Spanish side, there is still a week to go until the season starts and 5 days until the transfer window closes. Get a grip please.

Why are you answering on behalf of the OP, who my previous comments were directed at ?. Also why do you continually criticise me for being so happy with what we have achieved and optimistic for the future but never have a go at the people who continually moan or post negative comments on here and never have anything good to say about the club ?. Have a go at them for a change and give me a rest. Mind you, that would probably mean that you would be criticising all your 'best buddies' posts wouldn't it, which would never do.
    In all fairness TOBW and I disagree as much as we agree, but probably without calling each other's posts 'drivel', and questioning why the other should be supporting Cardiff City.
    Anyway, I think things are going to be allright - it seems Warnock is suggesting Bamba could turn out to be the best midfielder in the Premiership..

Why do you have so much trouble accepting that we are all different and so we are bound to show our support for the club in different ways? If your "blind loyalty" is genuine and not some sort of persona you put on for this board, then good for you - I could never be like that, but it takes all sorts.
    I've never been sure if dml1954 is simply a wind-up merchant or not, but I think he (or maybe she) must be. After all, he contradicts himself so often in a bid to take an opposite view to just about everyone else on this board. Credit where it's due, though - he's very funny.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    In all fairness TOBW and I disagree as much as we agree, but probably without calling each other's posts 'drivel', and questioning why the other should be supporting Cardiff City.
    Anyway, I think things are going to be allright - it seems Warnock is suggesting Bamba could turn out to be the best midfielder in the Premiership..
    That last bit concerns me, I'm sorry but if we put Bamba and Patterson in midfield we'll get ripped a new one