+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kamikaze City ?

Kamikaze City ?

.. with the likelihood now that City will go into the Premier League minus Grujic and Bryson, our weakish midfield will actually be even weaker.

All the excuses about getting players to come here, wages demanded, not being the 'right type of player', don't wash with me. We are Premier League club in a capital city, able to pay decent wages.

It was always going to be a struggle but to be still with a chance to stay up with a handful of games to go was a modest ambition. At this rate we'll struggle in every single game.

It's also not fair on the players that got us up..

Re: Kamikaze City ?

I'm sure we will get people in before the Bournemouth game.
    In fact I reckon there will be 3 more signings.

It was always going to be tough, we could have got another 10 players in and they would have had to have " gelled " etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    .. with the likelihood now that City will go into the Premier League minus Grujic and Bryson, our weakish midfield will actually be even weaker.

All the excuses about getting players to come here, wages demanded, not being the 'right type of player', don't wash with me. We are Premier League club in a capital city, able to pay decent wages.

It was always going to be a struggle but to be still with a chance to stay up with a handful of games to go was a modest ambition. At this rate we'll struggle in every single game.

The midfield looks weaker than last season, but apparently it isn't. Transfer deadline 5 days away, whoever they sign it will look rushed and desperate.

Where did Bobby Reid play initially for the Wurzels? Was is deep midfield or as a winger? Could be an emergency option.

Hopefully 2-3 players in before window closes.

Our first game is only a week away, anybody we sign now is going to be in catch-up mode and won't / should not be in the starting 11.

The mantra this window was get business done early. We've blown that. Our first 3 games are against weaker sides in the division & we need the strongest team on the pitch from day 1. We're loaded with offensive midfielders but are lacking the playmaker to get the ball to them.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Where did Bobby Reid play initially for the Wurzels? Was is deep midfield or as a winger? Could be an emergency option.

Hopefully 2-3 players in before window closes.
    Behind the striker normally.

The role Patterson mainly played.

As against last year we have lost Grujic who played about 14 and Bryson and gained a now fit Gunner.

We are weaker and the hole looks like it’s currently being filled by Jazz Richards, a full back.

We need at least 1 decent one to get to where we were and 2 to strengthen enough to compete at this level.

Only other option is to play Patterson deeper as Reid’s signing will have pushed him out.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    It was always going to be tough, we could have got another 10 players in and they would have had to have " gelled " etc etc
    Exactly Matt, I'm with you here.

Look at all the overpaid nympties Ole "The Useless One" brought in. Just because you've spent zillions of wonga on a couple of players doesn't mean they are going to fit in, or play well for the team. Time after time, season after season, the premier league is littered with those players that have cost an utter fortune, only to turn out to be bad buys.

I'd rather Neil get the right players in, that splash the cash on a couple that won't fit it, or feel that they are bigger than the team and club.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    The midfield looks weaker than last season, but apparently it isn't. Transfer deadline 5 days away, whoever they sign it will look rushed and desperate.
    Why? The club have been looking at options all summer and talking to targets (instead of or in addition to Grujic) for weeks.

The desperation lies somewhere else.

Has Dai Hunt ever played midfield, he does have a rangy vocal talent , has the power to lift one from ones seat , has tactical knowledge that has been used in the dressing room , and on the terraces , just a thought ?

We will sign at least 2 more before the window closes for sure.

I am sure there are players lined up but as they might be on loan their clubs aren’t releasing them until they are replaced or want a bigger loan fee so expect this to go to the end of the transfer window !

I hope we have 2-3 quality signings lined up this week otherwise we are just not giving ourselves a chance. Running through brick walls for the manager is not a strategy which will see us through a Premier League season.

Given the financial rewards on offer if we could stay up then it seems a false economy to over-restrict the budget this transfer window. The club is growing and has attracted new fans and we must be competitive this season to sustain momentum.

There must be value in the European leagues and I don’t buy the argument that none of those players could be trusted to fit into the team.

An absolutely massive week for the club really hope they get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post

Look at all the overpaid nympties Ole "The Useless One" brought in. Just because you've spent zillions of wonga on a couple of players doesn't mean they are going to fit in, or play well for the team. Time after time, season after season, the premier league is littered with those players that have cost an utter fortune, only to turn out to be bad buys.

I'd rather Neil get the right players in, that splash the cash on a couple that won't fit it, or feel that they are bigger than the team and club.
    Isn't this almost a separate point though? I'm not asking the club to spend £5 million plus but I would like there to be a plan if Ralls gets injured for two months that doesn't result in Jazz Richards or Bamba playing midfield.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Just because we are not itk with the machinations of NW and his team does not mean there isn’t any action

NW is a Canny operator
    Average players are being sold/up for sale at silly money PLUS silly wages

NW will not splash the budget for the sake of it He knows what we need .

Just because the positions we need strengthened are not being filled in the order most of us might prefer doesn’t mean anything apart from we have no say and no influence on the transfer market and its dealings

Calm down everyone . Wait and see what develops in the next week

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Just because we are not itk with the machinations of NW and his team does not mean there isn’t any action

NW is a Canny operator
    Average players are being sold/up for sale at silly money PLUS silly wages

NW will not splash the budget for the sake of it He knows what we need .

Just because the positions we need strengthened are not being filled in the order most of us might prefer doesn’t mean anything apart from we have no say and no influence on the transfer market and its dealings

Calm down everyone . Wait and see what develops in the next week
    You are the light in our darkness

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post

What a load of drivel. Why do you bother following the club if thats your attitude.

Don’t know why but I reckon the guy wolves had on loan will be here or the Turkish lad at besitkas....

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Aim to live up to my mantra

Bob Marley wise man

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    What a load of drivel. Why do you bother following the club if thats your attitude.
    Why do you have so much trouble accepting that we are all different and so we are bound to show our support for the club in different ways? If your "blind loyalty" is genuine and not some sort of persona you put on for this board, then good for you - I could never be like that, but it takes all sorts. So, just because some City fans behave differently to you, it doesn't mean what they say is "drivel" or that they're really jacks or anything. It might mean, for example. that they see the club as being in danger of missing a big opportunity because they've swung from the one extreme of manic overspending (were you critical of the club for this at the time I wonder? I know I wasn't) to the current situation whereby we look well on the way to spending the smallest amount of any Premier League club since the latest TV deal came in.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    People are allowed different opinions

Ideally would have brought in a couple more by now but it's not always easy. Other clubs are trying to get deals done before letting players move on etc.

Deals will be done before Thursday, doesn't mean its desperate just the way every window works. At least we got a few done early.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Why do you have so much trouble accepting that we are all different and so we are bound to show our support for the club in different ways? If your "blind loyalty" is genuine and not some sort of persona you put on for this board, then good for you - I could never be like that, but it takes all sorts. So, just because some City fans behave differently to you, it doesn't mean what they say is "drivel" or that they're really jacks or anything. It might mean, for example. that they see the club as being in danger of missing a big opportunity because they've swung from the one extreme of manic overspending (were you critical of the club for this at the time I wonder? I know I wasn't) to the current situation whereby we look well on the way to spending the smallest amount of any Premier League club since the latest TV deal came in.
    So you presumably think that spending £27m so far is 'manic underspending' then do you. We are in the Premier League for gods sake, so why not look forward to the season rather than continually moaning like some people do. Burnley and Spurs havent spent anything so far this close season by the way and we have to date also spent more than Newcastle, Palace, Watford and Bournemouth, so that appears at odds with your last sentance doesnt it ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post

I'd like him to get the 'right' players in. Trouble is, we're 2 players less than last season in the Championship with 1 week to go. Looks like Liverpool wanted to keep Grujic all along according to the other place. People are suggesting Warnock's got irons in the fire but even if we had re-signed Grujic our midfield needed strengthening, yet it seems that he held of pursuing other options until he had a definitive answer from Liverpool/Grujic.

A titanic effort last season, yet it's as if the club/Warnock aren't viewing the Premier League as a long term project..