+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Suggested improvement for Forum

Suggested improvement for Forum

Hey guys,

I think this Forum would be much better if we had more advertising. Right now I don't think there is enough.

Having more ads might have a negative impact on user experience, but who cares when we're making 0.001p per click?

Amirite?

Re: Suggested improvement for Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Allsopp View Post
    Hey guys,

I think this Forum would be much better if we had more advertising. Right now I don't think there is enough.

Having more ads might have a negative impact on user experience, but who cares when we're making 0.001p per click?

Amirite?
    Areyouatwat?

It’s fine on desktop. But on mobile it’s such a pain in the arse scrolling down every time past the fake clickbait ads. They even appear despite the adblocker on my phone.

I agree about the ads it's a pain.

What would be nice, if posters who seem to have a problem with one another can not turn everything about them. I'm not sure the age of certain people who post but if it's more than 16 I would be suprised and extremely embarrassed for them

On a serious note...

The ads are silly and all from Mickey Mouse ad providers so they're probably not generating that much of an income.

The site would probably make much more cash from ads if they improved user experience and focused on quality over quantity.

Maybe even introduce a £5 a month membership to view the site without ads. I'm sure many would pay it to keep the site afloat.

I've noticed Wales Online are going the same way with overkill on ads. Long term sites like this are killing themselves because people will just get overwhelmed and leave instantly. It makes no sense.

Maybe even introduce a £5 a month membership to view the site without ads. I'm sure many would pay it to keep the site afloat.

Think this has been covered before but an add blocker is what you want. Works a treat.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Think this has been covered before but an add blocker is what you want. Works a treat.
    But that adds too much white space.

Weirdly, the ads are much more palatable if on phone rather than laptop, but then I miss out on the humour of confusing an ad for a genuine response: something darkly funny about a thread starting with news of a player retiring early and then the next post being about renewing tax credits.

Second point would be to ask everyone to follow improv comedy rule of adding to what has been said rather than blocking it. We may disagree/want to put across a different angle on things but sad to see a number of threads recently turn in to shouting matches where OP is no longer discussed in 80% of responses. How mad can you get at an anonymous stranger wasting time on the internet? Unless they're trying to make money out of it like LeaDer or just a cock in real life like Jusset.

I don't see any ads. Am I missing out?

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    Only if you are desperate to know why Dolly Parton wears long sleeves...

Hey guys,

Amirite?
    Absolute nightmare on the iPad ........ keep getting redirected all the friggin time

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    It’s fine on desktop. But on mobile it’s such a pain in the arse scrolling down every time past the fake clickbait ads. They even appear despite the adblocker on my phone.
    Adguard free version for mobile blocks every advert adblocker+ for desktop

I use ka-block on iOS and it works great.

If MM had a patreon or something for £1 a month, even if 100 people donated £1 a month we could make this board ad free at very little cost I reckon.

My guess is though, the boss is locked into a contract/agreement with footymad.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    If MM had a patreon or something for £1 a month, even if 100 people donated £1 a month we could make this board ad free at very little cost I reckon.

My guess is though, the boss is locked into a contract/agreement with footymad.
    I would pay £12 a year happily.

Mike you need a premium users ad free option. Hows the leg?

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    I would pay £12 a year happily.

Mike you need a premium users ad free option. Hows the leg?
    Footymad did consider a paid ad free membership. I’ll ask about it. Once you sign up ads are turned off for your username. I have nothing to do with that side of things. FM do all of that

Leg is getting better slowly. 8 weeks post op. Six of those leg fixed straight last two weeks been able to bend knee 30 degs adjusting it to 60 degs over next 24 hours. Should be out of brace in a month and forecast is back to normal (as best as it will be) in 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    You are indeed, I've never had so many offers to marry lovely Russian lady

International

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    You are indeed, I've never had so many offers to marry lovely Russian lady
    Oi!! You leave her alone, she promised to marry me. I just have to get the money together to buy the stuff she needs for the wedding and pay for her air fair and a few other things.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Oi!! You leave her alone, she promised to marry me. I just have to get the money together to buy the stuff she needs for the wedding and pay for her air fair and a few other things.
    Some of them ladies chests, are really testing the elasticity of modern fibres.

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    Absolute nightmare on the iPad ........ keep getting redirected all the friggin time
    Spot on. I've given up visiting this site on an iPad - unusable.

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit View Post
    I'm on an iPad but using Adblocker, it works okay.

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit View Post
    I think you can get Brave browser & firefox focus on the app store. They're both browsers with built in tracker&ad blockers.