+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Main positive from today

Re: Main positive from today

Quote Originally Posted by pgbluebird View Post
    The Betis friendly and system makes you think we might go 5-2-3 vs Bournemouth, another team who will attack and keep the ball. Thats a dangerous way to play but you'd think it might work against lower quality opposition - we cant afford to play it vs lfc, man city tho imo.

I really think we can beat Bournemouth, but defensively obviously we must improve. In the first half it seems Sol was playing a role similar to Dier for Spurs and Medel for Chile, moving into midfield on the ball, but we really struggled to play that way as he was being pushed deeper due to our man marking. In the second half he seemed to stay deep.

We should start with a back five of peltier(not really fussed who starts there, expect him to trust Pelts though) Moz, Sol, Bruno, Bennett. Really excited to see Manga step up, looked brilliant yesterday, hasn't had the easiest of times in the Champ really.

Even if we do sign a midfielder, it seems that Pato n Ralls will start. Pato will do what he does, and he'll beef up the midfield. Desperate for a proper midfielder to play alongside Ralls, as Pato isn't as effective in a deeper role.

Will be interesting to see who starts up top. I'd really like to see Zohore start but if we play 5 at the back its quite difficult to see how he starts really. Think Ken could really bully Ake, but one things for sure, our front three looked brilliant yesterday, we'll hurt teams with that much pace up top.

Can't wait.
    I was impressed by Paterson's aerial abilities yesterday. He won a lot of headers/flick-ons.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolff View Post
    The same was for Josh King. It I think he made his point. Don’t think he will be consistent, but Zahore is our wild card imo.
    I think the most important thing with Zohore is what's going on between the ears at any given time because he has the physical attributes to be a success in the Premier League - thought he looked a bit off the pace when he came on against Betis and I feel it's significant that Warnock, who is such a fan of playing with a big striker, is, seemingly, looking at playing without one at Bournemouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yes. I have no doubts that much of our gameplan depends on drawing the opposition out and hitting them on the break, but teams will have to take notice of the pace we have up front. Murphy and Hoilett have an eye for the spectacular. Zohore will be a handful.

I'm not suggesting that all the top flight will be fearing us, far from it. Teams thinking they can have it easy against us are likely to get a ride awakening. I reckon we'll score 10 or more goals than Swansea and West Brom managed last season.
    Yet the Jacks, who were well short last season, are in utter turmoil currently and have lost a load of players, went into a very tough match on Saturday and did what we couldn't!!

Having said that, I also think we can susprise a few teams this season.

10 wins, 8 draws should be enough...

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Yet the Jacks, who were well short last season, are in utter turmoil currently and have lost a load of players, went into a very tough match on Saturday and did what we couldn't!!

Having said that, I also think we can susprise a few teams this season.

10 wins, 8 draws should be enough...
    The Jacks were woeful until Montero came on. Sheffield United were far worse than anytime I saw them last season. Can't read much into that one dreadful game

Whatever our front three ends up being, it has enough pace that can worry teams. That will be our asset for the season. We might not have the ball for long periods in games, but when we have it, we can be as destructive as many teams outside the top 6.

We'll scare a few teams.
    The weak link seems to be up top at the moment. I am very happy with the midfield and defence, so I hope the fab front three up front get it together rather quickly, otherwise it is going to be a very long season!

Whatever our front three ends up being, it has enough pace that can worry teams. That will be our asset for the season. We might not have the ball for long periods in games, but when we have it, we can be as destructive as many teams outside the top 6. Murphy is a definite improvement on Mendez-Laing. We have definite options up top. As long as we can get enough results against the other strugglers we'll be more than fine. I think our pace will win us points, when I look at other sides around there that play tidy football but have no pace.

We'll scare a few teams.
    So when is this cunning plan of yours going to kick-in? I hope it's sooner rather than later!