+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Huge contrast in styles as City’s pre season programme ends with a defeat.

Huge contrast in styles as City’s pre season programme ends with a defeat.

Re: Huge contrast in styles as City’s pre season programme ends with a defeat.

Great read.

"The veteran Joaquín then smashed a shot against the crossbar and great covering by Peltier I think it was, denied Takashi Inui what seemed a certain goal."

It was Bennett, not Peltier. Brilliant block.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Great read.

"The veteran Joaquín then smashed a shot against the crossbar and great covering by Peltier I think it was, denied Takashi Inui what seemed a certain goal."

It was Bennett, not Peltier. Brilliant block.
    The official site said Bennet, but I could have sworn it was Peltier, oh well, I'll change it to Bennett.

Betis football was from another planet in the first half Bob. One thing our fans certainly can't label them is boring!

The willingness for their centre backs to step out and join the midfield was an absolute joy and how they were able to part the red sea from their own goal kicks was unbelievable. The work behind the scenes to play with the continuity they do must be unreal!

I do think it was a case of them changing their game somewhat that allowed us back into it if I'm honest rather than us adapting.

One thing I will say is that defensively they made Keegans Newcastle look like a George Graham team!

I was impressed with our front 3 and I thought Joe Bennett had a good game, but I don't see how adding some decent midfielders would hinder our cause.

Paterson isn't good enough to compete in there all season, and Bamba looked well out of his depth. I'd say if we can add two good midfielders and a striker we'll be great value for avoiding the drop.

as a general rule most spanish sides are far more technically superior to british sides so nothing new there gringo comes from there youth systems unlike ours in the uk

as for us we gave a good account of ourselves and like most people on here seem to agree we need strenghning in our midfield areas . lots of positives yesterday from our point of view

I just think there is a difference in cultures Spanish kids seem happy enough passing the ball around whilst British kids are wanting to leather the ball in from 30 yards and running fast.

They just make moving the ball around look so nice I think lots of people underestimate how good the last liga teams are because it's generally the same teams winning it but if they were in the PL it would be them.them winning it.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Betis football was from another planet in the first half Bob. One thing our fans certainly can't label them is boring!

The willingness for their centre backs to step out and join the midfield was an absolute joy and how they were able to part the red sea from their own goal kicks was unbelievable. The work behind the scenes to play with the continuity they do must be unreal!

I do think it was a case of them changing their game somewhat that allowed us back into it if I'm honest rather than us adapting.

One thing I will say is that defensively they made Keegans Newcastle look like a George Graham team!

I was impressed with our front 3 and I thought Joe Bennett had a good game, but I don't see how adding some decent midfielders would hinder our cause.

Paterson isn't good enough to compete in there all season, and Bamba looked well out of his depth. I'd say if we can add two good midfielders and a striker we'll be great value for avoiding the drop.
    I thought our front three did pretty well with the proviso that they may have been flattered by Betis who were often happy to go one v one at the back, we're not going to come up against many sides who'll be prepared to do that with three points at stake.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I just think there is a difference in cultures Spanish kids seem happy enough passing the ball around whilst British kids are wanting to leather the ball in from 30 yards and running fast.

They just make moving the ball around look so nice I think lots of people underestimate how good the last liga teams are because it's generally the same teams winning it but if they were in the PL it would be them.them winning it.
    It's keeping the right side of the line which would turn an attractive side like Betis into the Spain team that played Russia I suppose.