+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Misfit signing?

Misfit signing?

Warnock reviving careers that have nose-dived but where there was obvious talent once upon a time.... how about Berahino?

Re: Misfit signing?

Rodwell?

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Rodwell?
    I was thinking about him. He’s training with Everton I believe.

I’d take a punt on any of this lot tbh

https://www.transfermarkt.com/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=Mittelfeld&spielerposition_id=alle&land_id=alle&altersklasse=&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=alle&yt0=Show

Rodwell?
    Please God nooooooo

Heisenberg

Berahino has a stinking, childish attitude, by all accounts, and will probably end up like Ravel Morrison.

Rodwell still thinks he's something that he's never really been. He only left Sunderland when the relegation clause kicked in and his wages had dropped from 75k p/w to 45k p/w. He could have left in January to find a new club but wouldn't leave without a pay off... So, we can safely say that he cares more about money than playing football.

I'm not against the idea of certain 'misfit signings', but there are plenty of realistic options out there without risking the squad harmony and wage budget on players of their ilk, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Berahino has a stinking, childish attitude, by all accounts, and will probably end up like Ravel Morrison.

Rodwell still thinks he's something that he's never really been. He only left Sunderland when the relegation clause kicked in and his wages had dropped from 75k p/w to 45k p/w. He could have left in January to find a new club but wouldn't leave without a pay off... So, we can safely say that he cares more about money than playing football.

I'm not against the idea of certain 'misfit signings', but there are plenty of realistic options out there without risking the squad harmony and wage budget on players of their ilk, in my opinion.
    Who are the realistic misfits you refer to?

I wouldn’t have had Taarabt anywhere near my side 6 or so years ago but Warnock got the best out of him. He’s done it with Hoillet and Bamba for us as well as picking NML from obscurity and spotting Etheridge’s ability.

You may be right on the character of the 2 mentioned but if we signed them then I’m confident Warnock would think he could turn their careers around

I trust him with the harmony

We can’t afford misfits. We need stellar in the midfield ASAP. I was thinking about Mikel. He could be loured back to premier. But then I remembered that his agent John Shittu is a gready prick.. But there are quality out there, in Spain, Italy and even Turkey who can be brought back and has the quality and experience needed. Do or die week for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolff View Post
    We can’t afford misfits. We need stellar in the midfield ASAP. I was thinking about Mikel. He could be loured back to premier. But then I remembered that his agent John Shittu is a gready prick.. But there are quality out there, in Spain, Italy and even Turkey who can be brought back and has the quality and experience needed. Do or die week for sure.
    I agree. There is bound to be value overseas. However the only player we have signed under Warnock without English league experience is Damour.

Heisenberg

Who are the realistic misfits you refer to?

I wouldn’t have had Taarabt anywhere near my side 6 or so years ago but Warnock got the best out of him. He’s done it with Hoillet and Bamba for us as well as picking NML from obscurity and spotting Etheridge’s ability.

You may be right on the character of the 2 mentioned but if we signed them then I’m confident Warnock would think he could turn their careers around

I trust him with the harmony
    Sorry, I was saying that there a plenty of realistic signings we could go for without needing to risk signing a 'misfit'.

Taarabt was already at QPR, so there was less risk involved by trying to get the best out of him.

NML and Etheridge weren't misfits, they were just at lower league clubs and I'd be happy for Warnock to pluck more players out of obscurity like he did with those two.

Hoilett and Bamba were almost 'risk free' signings as we were in the bottom three of the Championship and had nothing to lose, plus they weren't known for their unprofessionalism like Rodwell and Berahino.

Also, don't forget that we signed Kieran Richardson and Marouane Chamakh at the same time and they didn't work out - but, again, that was fine as we had nothing to lose.

Signing a 'misfit' now with any potential to cause problems off the pitch would be suicide, in my opinion.

But I’ll give you one for a misfit signing, and a cheap one. I know a player who have completely turned his life around the last couple of years. He is now fit, got his priorities straight and might just be worth a punt. I’m not sure he will still meet premier standard. But I know he has turned his lifestyle, work rate and professionalism back on track. And I think him pairing up with Zahore would be worth a couple of mill. Make inquiries about Nicolas Bentner

Not a misfit but just saw Darren Fletcher has just come on for Stoke. He'd literally be the perfect signing for us.

So would Mame Diuf or something.

get Medal back I reckon