+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The case for Madine

The case for Madine

In this league for any chance of us staying up we need to hold onto the ball better....I think Madine is the best striker at doing this and is a greater threat than Ken at set pieces.

C'mon Neil, you know it makes sense 👍

Re: The case for Madine

He’s certainly better in the air than Ken yes.

I seem to remember Grant Holt doing a decent job for Norwich in the premier league despite having an average goal scoring record in the lower divisions.

We really are clutching at straws now

Heisenberg

Is it a suitcase?

Disagree. I think Zahore is superp holding the ball when played at his feet. But he lacks the rhythm and vision. Got potential to step up though.

Comparing Madine and Zohore is interesting as I think they are quite different players in what they bring:

Zohore: Pros: Quick, strong, reasonable first touch, can play a good pass in the attacking third, can make goals out of nothing
    Cons: Doesn't read the game well which is a major hindrance for an attacker, poor in the air for such a big man

Madine: Pros: Strong, good first touch, can play a good pass in the attacking third, strong in the air, reads the game OK
    Cons: Not quick enough to stretch defences on the counter, not yet demonstrated he knows how to find the net for us

For both of them, we're about to find out if they have what it takes to make an impact in the Prem. It'll be interesting to see if the clamp down on holding that was introduced in the World Cup makes it into the Prem without VAR in operation. If it does then we may be in business with Madine but not likely to benefit Zohore as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    He’s certainly better in the air than Ken yes.

I seem to remember Grant Holt doing a decent job for Norwich in the premier league despite having an average goal scoring record in the lower divisions.
    Agree with this. Zohore ducks when the ball is played high to him and he has a defender with him, also how often have we seen him with an air shot near goal? Too often for my liking. Madine every time ahead of him for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Comparing Madine and Zohore is interesting as I think they are quite different players in what they bring:

Zohore: Pros: Quick, strong, reasonable first touch, can play a good pass in the attacking third, can make goals out of nothing
    Cons: Doesn't read the game well which is a major hindrance for an attacker, poor in the air for such a big man
    LAZY
    Madine: Pros: Strong, good first touch, can play a good pass in the attacking third, strong in the air, reads the game OK
    Cons: Not quick enough to stretch defences on the counter, not yet demonstrated he knows how to find the net for us
    For both of them, we're about to find out if they have what it takes to make an impact in the Prem. It'll be interesting to see if the clamp down on holding that was introduced in the World Cup makes it into the Prem without VAR in operation. If it does then we may be in business with Madine but not likely to benefit Zohore as much.

KZ is excellent at holding the ball up. Other that two midfielders, I say let's go with what we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    We really are clutching at straws now
    This

Our invincible front three needs to be expanded to a front seven?

Maybe we will see the front 3 as started on Saturday , they did look very bright , pace , good goal , interchanged very well .

I'm all for a case being made for Gary ,it may suite us.

Can't believe some people are calling Ken lazy...ran his rear off as a lone striker last season and must have thought his name had changed to "chase that" at the end