Thread: Gerrard

Gerrard

Stephen Gerrard on today's sending off - "There was major provoktion."

https://twitter.com/ScotlandSky/stat...10112979533824

Re: Gerrard

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Stephen Gerrard on today's sending off - "There was major provoktion."

https://twitter.com/ScotlandSky/stat...10112979533824
    Scottish match officials are Sunday Morning Pub League standard so they are well suited to the SPL

A very honest or a very provocative assessment, I suppose it all depends on who you support as to which one you think it is - I'd be surprised to hear him still talking like that in six months time when they have played Aberdeen again, because they're not going to forget what he had to say yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by protex blue View Post
    Scottish match officials are Sunday Morning Pub League standard so they are well suited to the SPL
    They aren't. Anything that's outside the PL /Championship is mickey mouse here . It was a sending off all day long.

My post had to do with Gerrard's discovery of a new word for the dictionary.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    A very honest or a very provocative assessment, I suppose it all depends on who you support as to which one you think it is - I'd be surprised to hear him still talking like that in six months time when they have played Aberdeen again, because they're not going to forget what he had to say yesterday.
    When i lived in Glasgow, Don's fans prided themselves on the fact that they hated Rangers more than Celtic did.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He's not gone in to be a statesman, has he? Maybe he realises that Rangers are traditionally disliked and traditionally are a class above everyone bar Celtic so doesn't mind rubbing others up the wrong way if it gets them back into that mindset.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    He's not gone in to be a statesman, has he? Maybe he realises that Rangers are traditionally disliked and traditionally are a class above everyone bar Celtic so doesn't mind rubbing others up the wrong way if it gets them back into that mindset.
    I'm guessing he is trying to build up some team spirit with an us against the world attitude.

I know next to nothing about Rangers or the SPL but I am guessing that they are still some way behind Celtic so he just needs his squad to believe in themselves.

Risky strategy in your first job but at least it is better than the bland statements that most managers utter these days.