+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warnock says the four players they have signed so far may have to be enough

Re: Warnock says the four players they have signed so far may have to be enough

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We got 30 points in 2013/14 with a worse team, worse manager and in a tougher league. Burnley finished 7th for crying out loud, the Premier League isn't as good as people make out!
    👍

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    So, tell me how you feel after the City have lost/been smashed? Put you on a high/indifferent/think about it occasionally/not too bothered/ it's just a game of football/ ce'st sera sera?
    Well I’m not a child and I’m usually doing things with friends or family at other times of the weekend so letting a football match put me in a bad mood for the whole thing seems weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We got 30 points in 2013/14 with a worse team, worse manager and in a tougher league. Burnley finished 7th for crying out loud, the Premier League isn't as good as people make out!
    Yeah, it really isn't.

People thought Huddersfield and Bournemouth would be pumped every week but they stayed up. Even, as shit as we were in 2013, we were only a handful of results away from staying up.

This doesn't mean I think we're in for a comfortable season but there's also nothing wrong with being written off.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Well I’m not a child and I’m usually doing things with friends or family at other times of the weekend so letting a football match put me in a bad mood for the whole thing seems weird.
    Thanks for clarifying that, I admit to being a little uncertain .

As for the second point ... I usually watch games Saturday night/Sunday morning here (+8 time zone), therefore, it's hardly "ruining" my whole weekend - just please allow me to be a bit pissed off the next day, yeah?

We'll be fine

Thanks for clarifying that, I admit to being a little uncertain .

As for the second point ... I usually watch games Saturday night/Sunday morning here (+8 time zone), therefore, it's hardly "ruining" my whole weekend - just please allow me to be a bit pissed off the next day, yeah?
    I don’t care pal, they were your words not mine

There is no way we can go to January without another midfielder or two.

What if Ralls and Gunnar get injured after 5 games? We’d be ****ed!

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I don’t care pal, they were your words not mine

You're not my pal. I don't even know you ... let's keep it that way.

At least it isn’t just football matches you get weirdly upset about

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    There is no way we can go to January without another midfielder or two.

What if Ralls and Gunnar get injured after 5 games? We’d be ****ed!
    Maybe we can lend one of theirs for the game? Park's football rules like.

I would have thought Woods ticked a lot of Warnock ‘s boxes, young , playing well at Championship level and must be hungry to prove himself at higher level , suspect @ £5 million would get him he won’t be on massive wages.
    He’s a neat and tidy player and the kind we are going to need when looking to see out a win as he keeps tha ball

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    I would have thought Woods ticked a lot of Warnock ‘s boxes, young , playing well at Championship level and must be hungry to prove himself at higher level , suspect @ £5 million would get him he won’t be on massive wages.
    He’s a neat and tidy player and the kind we are going to need when looking to see out a win as he keeps tha ball
    I’m as surprised as you that we’re not in for him as well, would be a great addition

Would a bid for John McGinn of Hibs be worth a punt? WOuldn't cost a much.

The only thing i will miss about the premier league are the live streams.

That's just it though - if we get relegated no one will enjoy the ride, to say otherwise would just be kidding ourselves. We all know how the football can impact our lives, I know it puts a real downer on my weekend whenever we lose ... so imagine that throughout a season.
    In all honesty, has there been a relegated club where its fans enjoyed "the ride"?

Why do we have to adopt a "feast or famine" type approach to life in the Premier League ... could we not try and find some middle ground?
    Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    I’m as surprised as you that we’re not in for him as well, would be a great addition
    Woods picks the ball up off the back four, isn't very mobile and isn't a great tackler. We don't have our centre mids picking the ball off the back four, all of our centre mids are mobile and half decent in the tackle. He's not a great fit.

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Yeah you get the feeling if we don’t get him, that it will be the one to bite us in the butt this season. What’s more the jacks will snap him up and he will inspire them to promotion.....come on Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    The only thing i will miss about the premier league are the live streams.
    Championship is great if u not been there for a while, lots of big clubs this year, not many weak ones. Another trip to Ipswich won’t inspire many of us I reckon....

Really wish we could go for a player like Tonny Vilhena or someone in similar mould. Costly, but well spent imo.

I sincerely hope that the club are going about their business in a more confidential way than the messages would seem to indicate. In a competitive sport in a competitive marketplace confidentiality and keeping quite about dealings are pretty important. Sure the players agents will be putting rumors out on the streets but as a buyer you need to be smart. I will be very surprised if this is all over as anyone can see investment is needed if there's to be any chance of staying in the PL accepting the fact that we will lose a lot of games to the big boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    I sincerely hope that the club are going about their business in a more confidential way than the messages would seem to indicate. In a competitive sport in a competitive marketplace confidentiality and keeping quite about dealings are pretty important. Sure the players agents will be putting rumors out on the streets but as a buyer you need to be smart. I will be very surprised if this is all over as anyone can see investment is needed if there's to be any chance of staying in the PL accepting the fact that we will lose a lot of games to the big boys.
    Did you hear of any of the players we signed before we signed them.

There was a bit of talk about Bobby Reid on the day, The same with Murphy and Smithies, there was a bit of chat about Cunningham but we were after him for a while.

Not many clubs have signed, and all the clubs are lining up players, and if they get a) then b) can go. I expect it will be a crazy couple of days in the premier league.

Our news only seems to break when a bid has been accepted/medical underway.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    ... I'm beginning to get the impression that the Grujic loan deal was always going to be the last .. ?
    Oh dear :

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/vi...p?f=2&t=199037