+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: It didn't last long

It didn't last long

A couple of weeks ago , posters were claiming we're along for the ride. The club is finally being run right, we're on a sound financial footing etc

Without a ball being kicked, its all doom and gloom.

Of course we need a midfielder, if he's not out there, he's not out there.

Re: It didn't last long

It may well be doom, but it shouldn't be gloom.

Some of the fans on Twitter are an embarassment, we'll be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    A couple of weeks ago , posters were claiming we're along for the ride. The club is finally being run right, we're on a sound financial footing etc

I think the club are taking a sensible approach.
    We were a mid table side who had a great season and got promoted.
    We could throw 50- 60 million at the squad and still be amongst the favourites to go down.
    It seems to me that we are giving ourselves a chance to stay up without crippling ourselves if we don't.

I think we are going to get relegated, but there is no doom from me- I'm going to enjoy the ride.

This 100%. I actually also think our players last year gave so much they deserve a shot at the big time.

Doesn't take long for people to forget. We do need a bit more in the middle but the club shouldn't get used to being held to ransom.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Absolutely 👍

Wait until the gang and flog em brigade gets into their stride after a couple of losses

I’m confident that NW will organize us so that even if we don’t have an ideal team set up we will still be difficult to beat and if we take our chances we will stay up

If not then let’s enjoy their de and look for the bounce back in 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    This 100%. I actually also think our players last year gave so much they deserve a shot at the big time.

Doesn't take long for people to forget. We do need a bit more in the middle but the club shouldn't get used to being held to ransom.
    Usual suspects whining, although I suppose when you support Cardiff the default position is expect the worst. I think most people are quite relaxed and realistic. We do have to sign some midfielders though, although people getting annoyed we've not signed people like Arslan and Dzyuba is hilarious.

A loan would be ok like ones mentioned

It's not all doom and gloom.
    At least the Jacks can't beat us this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think the club are taking a sensible approach.
    We were a mid table side who had a great season and got promoted.
    We could throw 50- 60 million at the squad and still be amongst the favourites to go down.
    It seems to me that we are giving ourselves a chance to stay up without crippling ourselves if we don't.

I think we are going to get relegated, but there is no doom from me- I'm going to enjoy the ride.
    We spent 50 million last time to finish bottom, wrong people. I like our signing so far. Our front four have pace and that will cause problems all day long. Let’s hope Neil is just being his usual cheeky self and has an ace up his sleeve......

Not so sure it's the fact we haven't spent big or got a 'star' name in, I think people are just fully aware there's a gaping need for two centre midfielders, not one, but two. Other than that, it is what it is. If we go down, we go down.

I'd sleep at night whether the club was on a 'sound financial footing' or not. What kept me awake was the last 4/5 nights before the Reading game. Were we to be without much chance of staying up in February/March, I doubt we would get 9/10k season ticket holders for next season. Not much financial stability there..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I'd sleep at night whether the club was on a 'sound financial footing' or not. What kept me awake was the last 4/5 nights before the Reading game. Were we to be without much chance of staying up in February/March, I doubt we would get 9/10k season ticket holders for next season. Not much financial stability there..
    Yes I forgot last season we had 14k season ticket holders at the start of the season when in most peoples expectations we were mid table at best.
    Going to be an interesting season with all the negativity already.
    Unbelievable it really is.

I don’t care if we go down as long as we are not humiliated.

Its worse on social media. People i speak to are looking forward to the season.

This board has a problem with one particular poster whose life revolves around spreading negativity about any aspect of the club.Luckily hes regularly made to look a mug and get it wrong.

We are obviously short in a few positions. Im sure a couple will come in.

Whatever happens the club is in the best position on and off the pitch since ive been supporting. In the PL , great stadium , debt being sorted , a squad that give everything , united fan base , probably crowds of around 30 thousand each week.