+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'IF' We Don't Make Any More Signings...

Heisenberg

'IF' We Don't Make Any More Signings...

Are there any youth players that we could expect to see in the match day squads this season?

Re: 'IF' We Don't Make Any More Signings...

I think in that situation I'd expect to see Tomlin and Pilkington retained

i think the situation with bournemouth signing that midfielder for 27 million today is going to open up our chances of signing arter or gosling by tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Are there any youth players that we could expect to see in the match day squads this season?
    James Waite started vs Rotherham. He didn't look like he didn't belong. He didn't set the world on fire by any means but then again, neither did any of our players!

We’re fecked

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    We’re fecked
    Nah we're not. I watched Man City take apart other Prem teams far more comprehensively than they managed when beating us. We'll be OK if we have to bring Tomlin and Pilks back into the squad - in fact I'm surprised Pilkington hasn't been given the chance to stay considering how important he was for us at times last year.

Can't wait for the season to get going now - with or without any more new signings.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I think in that situation I'd expect to see Tomlin and Pilkington retained
    With hindsight this could suit us. Certainly more goals in our team when Pilkington or Tomlin play.

Nah we're not. I watched Man City take apart other Prem teams far more comprehensively than they managed when beating us. We'll be OK if we have to bring Tomlin and Pilks back into the squad - in fact I'm surprised Pilkington hasn't been given the chance to stay considering how important he was for us at times last year.

Can't wait for the season to get going now - with or without any more new signings.
    Man City literally didn't bother second half.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Just our match or all their matches? I saw little difference in what we were able to achieve against them compared to many other Prerm teams last year.

Just our match or all their matches? I saw little difference in what we were able to achieve against them compared to many other Prerm teams last year.
    Our match. The switched off completely second half.

Our match. The switched off completely second half.
    Won't disagree - but that seems no different to most of their Premier League matches either. They rarely needed to get out of second gear for most games

This is true, it could have been 10 had they kept trying

They knew we wouldn't lay a glove on then and that there was no benefit in scoring more goals in the cup.

We don't have to beat Man City though, we have to beat 10 teams and draw with 8 to have a chance. That is possible with the team we have let alone any more signings.

Come off it they didn’t get out of first gear, kompany must’ve made over 100 passes

I wonder if I read the same words as the rest of you sometimes? I didn't say we were in the same league as Man City or could have beaten them. I said I saw other Prem teams have the same problems we did, and therefore hope we should be able to hold our own against other teams in the Prem.

Personally, I think the highlights for me of that game were KdB putting Jazz out of action for the next few months and Fernandinho trying to injure one of our players too. Coupled with a mind-numbing exhibition of keep ball, I have to conclude that they play football exactly the right way according to the latest wisdom, and I feel lucky I will get to see them do the same again this season.

I wonder if I read the same words as the rest of you sometimes? I didn't say we were in the same league as Man City or could have beaten them. I said I saw other Prem teams have the same problems we did, and therefore hope we should be able to hold our own against other teams in the Prem.

Personally, I think the highlights for me of that game were KdB putting Jazz out of action for the next few months and Fernandinho trying to injure one of our players too. Coupled with a mind-numbing exhibition of keep ball, I have to conclude that they play football exactly the right way according to the latest wisdom, and I feel lucky I will get to see them do the same again this season.
    Not me. That game bored the tits off me.

We beat them last time. We can do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by steve davies View Post
    i think the situation with bournemouth signing that midfielder for 27 million today is going to open up our chances of signing arter or gosling by tomorrow
    mike if arter signs today or tomorrow i want gold membership and LeAdEr status ffs wrong board

mike if arter signs today or tomorrow i want gold membership and LeAdEr status ffs wrong board
    You can then have a secret forum to yourself

Only a month late Steve!

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...fielder-for-us

The Newcastle / Bournemouth / West Brom triangle still in motion!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Only a month late Steve!

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...fielder-for-us

The Newcastle / Bournemouth / West Brom triangle still in motion!

you leave me no option now des sorry SnIpEr

you leave me no option now des sorry SnIpEr
    soRrY

It's nit-picking, I know, but Richards was out of action for forty seconds after the de Bruyne incident, not a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    It's nit-picking, I know, but Richards was out of action for forty seconds after the de Bruyne incident, not a few months.
    In a similar vein to Sane’s injury, Jazz played on during the match. However he was not seen again for months after the Man City game due to that tackle. Not sure you have to go off straight away to have been injured by a tackle - Bennett got the blame for Sane so I think I’m being fair blaming KdB for Jazz’s worse injury.

In a similar vein to Sane’s injury, Jazz played on during the match. However he was not seen again for months after the Man City game due to that tackle. Not sure you have to go off straight away to have been injured by a tackle - Bennett got the blame for Sane so I think I’m being fair blaming KdB for Jazz’s worse injury.
    De Bruyne's studs caught Richards on the thigh and knee as he was bringing his foot down from controlling a high ball. Jazz went down holding his knee, didn't need treatment, was playing again within a minute and played the last forty minutes or so. He then went down with an ankle injury in training on the Thursday, I'm not sure how you can blame that on de Bruyne.