+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Interesting thread on the Fulham forum about us

Interesting thread on the Fulham forum about us

Hmmm no one rates us and I for one love it. Think we might surprise a few people.

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum...?topic=66800.0

Re: Interesting thread on the Fulham forum about us

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Hmmm no one rates us and I for one love it. Think we might surprise a few people.

"What's the point in spending all that money on going up if you're not going to spend to stay up?"

Do other clubs think we spent money in order to get up? Is that partly why there has been a lack of respect for what we did last year? The other contender is the Man City game and how Saint Pep responded to it being one of the few times when premier league fans watched us.

I don't know where we'll finish next year but every small club starts with aim of 10 wins and 8+draws and I think we have a decent shot at that.

Let them get it off their chest. Will help them get over it.

Some fairly sensible comments in that lot.

Christ, that Statto is a bit of gobshite isn't he?

He must have had a bad day or something.

Obsessed with us they are, they don't like the fact we finished above them with our style. Not our fault they were dogshite 1st half of the season

Some intelligent posts on that forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Some fairly sensible comments in that lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Some intelligent posts on that forum.
    Thinly veiled "The MMMB is infested with idiots"

Mixed bag, some of them possess a functioning brain.

Cardiff went up unexpectedly, not unlike Burnley the first time. If they go back down after this season, they'll have pocketed a ton of money + reset parachute payments, and they have a group they can build on for a more proper promotion push in the next season or two. I doubt they're assuming they'll go down, but they're not in terrible shape if they do.
    This guy hit the nail on the head.

If Fulham have a first half of the season similar to last season they could be gonnas, it would be hard to turn it around in the Premier Division. Spending a shed load of money (although nothing spectacular by Premier standards) doesn’t mean the new lads will immediately gel, be interesting to see if they hit the ground running or come a cropper ‘getting to know each other’.

Some very good posts. Overall not entirely negative about us.
    Spedger

Somewhat surprisingly there are a lot of sensible comments in there in amongst the rants.

I’m not sure that I’d have quite such a balanced view as some on there and I do look at their (still ongoing!) transfers this summer with envy.

I can understand what they are saying.

What we do have is a pretty settled squad who know what to do.
    I know what they mean it might be easier to gamble to stay in the Pl rat her that trying to go up again as there are always a lot of disappointed teams at the end of the season.

I think warnock has probably done the right thing but was maybe too conservative.

I don't know why everyone hate's Warnock though I've always found him refreshingly honest if his team don't deserve to win he accepts it.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I can understand what they are saying.

What we do have is a pretty settled squad who know what to do.
    I know what they mean it might be easier to gamble to stay in the Pl rat her that trying to go up again as there are always a lot of disappointed teams at the end of the season.

I think warnock has probably done the right thing but was maybe too conservative.

I don't know why everyone hate's Warnock though I've always found him refreshingly honest if his team don't deserve to win he accepts it.
    You’ve got to be joking with that last paragraph?

You rarely see him take it on the chin if we lose. Nearly always the refs fault,

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    You’ve got to be joking with that last paragraph?

You rarely see him take it on the chin if we lose. Nearly always the refs fault,
    He is the ref😂😂😂( fully qualified, he’s let people know that fact once or twice 😂😂)