+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff ditch plans to sign a striker.

Cardiff ditch plans to sign a striker.

From the BBC;-

"BBC Sport Wales

Cardiff manager Neil Warnock had been keen on adding two midfielders and a striker before close of business, but looks now set to ditch plans for a forward to prioritise the middle of the park.

Harry Arter is a player Warnock likes and has spoken with the Cherries about a loan deal, but Bournemouth are holding out for a permanent switch with a £10m price tag.

Cardiff have spoken to other targets with Real Betis midfielder Víctor Camarasa being heavily linked with the Premier League new boys."

Re: Cardiff ditch plans to sign a striker.

Sky reporter just said Bournemouth want to sell Arter not loan him so if City have to buy they won't have the funds for a striker.

Thy also saying Pilkington likely to go but Tomlin wants to stay

Mike I understand that the striker was going to be a loan deal, not a permanent one!

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Mike I understand that the striker was going to be a loan deal, not a permanent one!
    But it still would have cost us things like wage contributions and loan fees - I must admit that I thought the dropping of any striker deal, if its happened, would be down to getting the funds together to sign someone like Arter permanently.

It seems like getting a striker is proving to be difficult for City and I can see why. There are lots of decent midfielders about but good strikers are a bit thin on the ground. The ones that are available everyone wants and the prices and wages are just silly. I do worry about starting the season with Zohore, Ward and Madine. None of them fill me with any confidence and god forbid we get injury. City maybe forced to hang on to Pilks as back up. I really hope NW gets a striker today, cant see Negredo happening but you'd think someone like Forestieri or Windass would be within our budget?

Negrados wages are too high, just off sky sports down the stadium